“BMX” with a freecoaster

Related:
Create New Tag

4/15/2018 6:21 PM

This “bike” man.

So, I went to Walmart with some family that was visiting, and I stumbled across the bicycle section. I saw this lone bike being the only one with 4 “pegs”. I decided, as any reasonable human would, to dick around on the bike. So, I decided to do some tricks on it, and I noticed that it had a rather large distance to go for the wheel to engage. I eventually fakied and backpedaled, and accidentally stopped pedaling. I expected to be thrown off my bike, but I kept going! It didn’t make any noise going forward like a cassette. Basically, this bike costs less than most freecoaster wheels, has 1 piece shit cranks, yet has a freecoaster? Hilarious stuff man, did not expect that.

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican

4/15/2018 7:18 PM

HavokDJ wrote:

This “bike” man.

So, I went to Walmart with some family that was visiting, and I stumbled across the bicycle section. I saw this lone bike being the only one with 4 “pegs”. I decided, as any reasonable human would, to dick around on the bike. So, I decided to do some tricks on it, and I noticed that it had a rather large distance to go for the wheel to engage. I eventually fakied and backpedaled, and accidentally stopped pedaling. I expected to be thrown off my bike, but I kept going! It didn’t make any noise going forward like a cassette. Basically, this bike costs less than most freecoaster wheels, has 1 piece shit cranks, yet has a freecoaster? Hilarious stuff man, did not expect that.

Good thing Scotty Cranmer, Ryan Guettler, Hyper and that scooter kid Ryan Williams are not Britishwhistling

|

4/15/2018 7:27 PM

are you sure it just wasn't a broken cassette...par for the course on a wally world bike

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

4/15/2018 7:38 PM

sXeBMXer wrote:

are you sure it just wasn't a broken cassette...par for the course on a wally world bike

I know right lol

But seriously, some Walmart bikes do have a "freecoaster" I guess you can say, but they're total shit as you'd probably expect lol

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

4/15/2018 8:06 PM

It was likely just a normal coaster brake hub. Just as there is a gap involved in engaging the clutch when pedalling forward, there is also a gap when back pedalling before the brake shoes engage the hub shell. If there wasn't such a gap, you wouldn't be able to coast going forwards

|

4/15/2018 9:32 PM

jawn wrote:

It was likely just a normal coaster brake hub. Just as there is a gap involved in engaging the clutch when pedalling forward, there is also a gap when back pedalling before the brake shoes engage the hub shell. If there wasn't such a gap, you wouldn't be able to coast going forwards

I thought it was too, but I fakied backwards for far too long for it to be a busted coaster hub, not to mention there was no arm or arm mount, and also I could pedal backwards a million times without it braking.

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

-jbales on mafiaBIKES

-adamnmexican

4/15/2018 9:34 PM

sXeBMXer wrote:

I thought it was at first when it wasn’t making noise, but it couldn’t be because if it was a cassette it wouldn’t pedal forwards if it didn’t engage going backwards

|

-Sheldon on Adam22

-jbales on mafiaBIKES

-adamnmexican

4/15/2018 9:45 PM

Maybe you were high?

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

4/15/2018 10:06 PM

Some cheap coasters don't have a reaction arm (which is silly), but being able to backpedal pretty much seals the deal on it being a freecoaster

|

4/16/2018 9:26 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/16/2018 9:29 AM

Just hilarious that there's a cheap ass bike, that doesn't even have 3 piece cranks, has a freecoaster installed.
I think the best part is the bike still had the "this bike should not be used for stunting or jumping" sticker on it

|

-Sheldon on Adam22

-jbales on mafiaBIKES

-adamnmexican

4/16/2018 9:32 AM

Who knows? I wouldn't be surprised if the clutch system was made entirely out of some hard plastic, I can really see that actually.

|

4/16/2018 9:42 AM

Phunny93 wrote:

Who knows? I wouldn't be surprised if the clutch system was made entirely out of some hard plastic, I can really see that actually.

"THIS JUST IN, WALMART ADMITS THAT FREECOASTERS ARE MADE OF CARDBOARD"
|

-Sheldon on Adam22

-jbales on mafiaBIKES

-adamnmexican

4/16/2018 12:26 PM

Plot twist, there’s no hub internals.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

4/16/2018 12:31 PM

readybmxer wrote:

Plot twist, there’s no hub internals.

Plot twist twist, there’s no hub

|

-Sheldon on Adam22

-jbales on mafiaBIKES

-adamnmexican

4/16/2018 4:46 PM

Twist - there's no plot

|

4/17/2018 12:56 AM

Another plot twist, the internals have disappeared in the hub-less hub with no plot.

|

4/17/2018 1:19 AM

Sure i saw ryan taylor get confused on a walmart bmx recently. Some strange hub goings on

|

4/17/2018 1:21 AM

INCEPTION

|

4/17/2018 9:05 AM

808bmx wrote:

Another plot twist, the internals have disappeared in the hub-less hub with no plot.

Plot plot twist plot twist twist: There is no wheel

|

-Sheldon on Adam22

-jbales on mafiaBIKES

-adamnmexican

4/17/2018 2:15 PM

808bmx wrote:

HavokDJ wrote:

Plot plot twist plot twist twist: There is no wheel

Plot twist 2: the electric boogaloo

|

Follow me on instagram @69instagreg
BOTTOM TEXT

4/17/2018 2:39 PM

GCBMX69 wrote:

Plot twist 2: the electric boogaloo

chardee macdennis 3: something something LOL

|

Hmmm

4/17/2018 9:45 PM

What has this turned into

|

4/18/2018 7:19 AM

808bmx wrote:

What has this turned into

plo ttw ist 3: god left me unfinished

|

-Sheldon on Adam22

-jbales on mafiaBIKES

-adamnmexican