BMXing with Braces

Related:
Create New Tag

12/16/2013 5:32 PM

What happens if you are BMXing and hit your face with braces? Should I quit BMXing and skateboarding while I have braces?

|

12/16/2013 5:34 PM

I had braces and now they are off. It's worse when u have em off then isn't want to wreck Ur teeth

|

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

12/16/2013 5:35 PM

nice double post… but its fine. you don't really hit your face, and if you do you just split your lip. not much else

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

12/16/2013 5:40 PM

Yeah, all I do is ride trails and ocasionally street.

|

12/16/2013 5:42 PM

I rode for a year with braces. I only took a few minor bumps to the face. I fought someone with them aswell and had my fair share of licks to the face during that ordeal. Really the worst I had happen was the edges got stuck to the inside of my mouth and id have to wiggle my mouth off of them. Didn't really hurt too bad, I dont think the nerves are very sensitive inside your mouth.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

12/16/2013 5:43 PM

I have had my braces on since I was 10 years old, I am 14 now. My orthodontist is a greedy fucker who wants as much money as he can get. Anyway, DO NOT let your braces stop you from doing what you wanna do! Some guys wear a mouthpiece, I personally don't but it probably wouldn't hurt to. I recommend just being careful when doing things like drops and stuff where you will have a bit of a hard landing and make sure you don't go bobble head. I have never it my teeth of face off of my crossbar or anything (*knocks on wood*) but it is very possible. Just watch and be careful and you will be okay! Don't let your railroad tracks control your life! Haha

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock
Bike Check
YouTube
Edit
FaceBook (Still Wock)
Twitter (@WillStockSucks)
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

12/16/2013 5:49 PM

Ive had them and they haven't affected me at all.. but i did get a mouthguard incase they ever did.

|

Deviant BMX store
Shirts and Iphone cases available soon! Check site for details!

12/16/2013 5:51 PM

FACEPLANTS WITH BRACES ARE THE WORST!!! I faceplanted and had my face stuck to my braces for a half hour! Here is a video i took afterwards when i was in shock

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

12/16/2013 6:01 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

FACEPLANTS WITH BRACES ARE THE WORST!!! I faceplanted and had my face stuck to my braces for a half hour! Here is a video i took afterwards when i was in shock

Damn dude, seems like you took quite a spill!! Lol What frame was that and do you still have it?

|

Bike Check
YouTube
Edit
FaceBook (Still Wock)

12/16/2013 6:14 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Stocksy wrote:

Damn dude, seems like you took quite a spill!! Lol What frame was that and do you still have it?

Yeah, i didn't even have time to start to bail out! It was a sputnic skyline v2. It's hanging in my shed. After it got the dent and it's dropouts got a little bent i retired it. Decided to test how easy it could dent with a hammer.... really easy. The tubing is sooooo thin. I whacked my aitken s2 as hard as i could with a wrench once. Not even a scratch.

|

bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

12/16/2013 6:20 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Yeah, i didn't even have time to start to bail out! It was a sputnic skyline v2. It's hanging in my shed. After it got the dent and it's dropouts got a little bent i retired it. Decided to test how easy it could dent with a hammer.... really easy. The tubing is sooooo thin. I whacked my aitken s2 as hard as i could with a wrench once. Not even a scratch.

Nice man, do you have a skype or anything that we could chat on? I'd like to talk to you more about riding and such but I don't wanna spam this dudes thread..

|

Bike Check
YouTube
Edit
FaceBook (Still Wock)

12/16/2013 7:11 PM

Stocksy wrote:

Nice man, do you have a skype or anything that we could chat on? I'd like to talk to you more about riding and such but I don't wanna spam this dudes thread..

Facebook. Imma practice my stalking skills and see if i can find you.

|

bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling

12/16/2013 7:25 PM

Wow, I've had a spill like that before. I was jumping a gap and my front tire hit a rail. Those stairs still have dried blood. The sad part is that is was a small stairset.

|

12/16/2013 8:48 PM

oh yea. i have had braces since 6th grade… not getting them off for a while eather

|

Old bike VVV

California Living

I now have a more or less stock sunday scout with a complete Demo rear wheel. Sue me

12/16/2013 9:08 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

LOL That was funny as hell , sucks though !

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

12/16/2013 9:19 PM

Teeth are overrated anyway, crooked teeth are sexy

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

12/16/2013 9:24 PM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

I don't know but at the very beginning, it sounds like you have an accent, haha.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

12/16/2013 9:37 PM

handlebar-to-face wrote:

Teeth are overrated anyway, crooked teeth are sexy

Crooked smile wicked style on em

|

I ride for my papou.
Cats got 9 lives I got four.

12/17/2013 4:49 AM

Just ride.a s long as you don't land on your face you'll be a-okay

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

12/17/2013 4:50 AM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

Facebook. Imma practice my stalking skills and see if i can find you.

Will Stock is my name, my profile pic is me doing a one hander out of a fly out.

|

Bike Check
YouTube
Edit
FaceBook (Still Wock)

12/17/2013 5:45 AM

Dang. I have to wear headgear.

|

12/17/2013 9:03 AM

Get a mouthguard, full face, or just don't hit your face.

How often have you hit your face/teeth? Nothing will happen if you just ride.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/17/2013 9:34 AM

blaaaaaaaaa wrote:

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

I don't know but at the very beginning, it sounds like you have an accent, haha.

No, i don't. I was just really out of it. I laugh so hard everytime i watch that video.

|

bike check

IG @curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop
@kirolling