BRAKE PADS?!

Related:
Create New Tag

3/10/2014 10:43 AM

What pads are best for a powdercoated rim with rawed sidewalls?
Koolstop BMX Salmon
Koolstop BMX Dual Compound
Odyssey A-Brake Pads Clear
Èclat Force Clear
???????????????
My clear Supra 2s were decent, my clear four by fours are about the same but theyre still shit. I just want to be able to lock my wheel and havent been able to find an answer to my question. Heeelllpppp.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

3/10/2014 10:57 AM

I always had good braking power with A-brakes in clear.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

3/10/2014 11:06 AM

^^that, i used them since they came with my evo 2s and they work really well, even when they were wet or dusty they still had good braking

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

3/10/2014 11:19 AM

Clear flys work well

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

3/11/2014 12:22 PM

black odyssey ghosts

|

3/11/2014 5:02 PM

Koolstop dual all the way!

|

HardBMX_Tim wrote: I welded a peg to my pedal so I could do pedal grinds. I would rather wear a teletubbies speedo than a shirt with the word "Bitches" on it, or even worse, "Swag".

3/11/2014 5:30 PM

The salmon koolstops will take the powder-coat off of your rims and they make a really annoying sound. I would recommend the clear odyssey ghost pads there cheap to replace easy to adjust and grip well.

|

Nothing like a Good day of Digging and Riding

3/11/2014 5:39 PM

My rims are already raw from brakes and im not interested in ghost pads. I already have fourbyfours and they suck, I doubt a smaller version of them will help.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon

3/11/2014 6:50 PM

Kool Stops. Either salmon or dual compound. I'd probably prefer salmon but I haven't used the dual compound yet.

|

3/11/2014 7:57 PM

just got the odyssey springfield on my girls bike and those pads lock the wheel up no problem. but during heavy rain they suck

|

3/11/2014 9:04 PM

i used to have koolstop salmons on a raw rim and they worked ok.
recently got clear fly's and their stopping power was insane, until they ripped apart because they were so damn soft and i didnt quite set the up right

|

You're never too old to have fun.

Bike
Summer riding

3/11/2014 9:08 PM

Also the white flys worked well too!

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

3/12/2014 5:41 AM

I just bought some shadow sano brakes and they came with clear shadow pads and theyre awesome. Way better than an odyssey pads I've tried. Check em out

|

Da Laird

unfuckwithable ill

Refs-brokenbmx, MaximusBikes, Brian_Griffin, Colonydirt94, Aebasher

3/14/2014 7:50 PM

Bump, would like more opinions.
Also, what is the difference between the Salmon and Dual compound Koolstops? Isnt dual compound just Salmon+Black? Also which would be better, the BMXs or the Supra 2's?

|

3/14/2014 9:06 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Bump, would like more opinions.
Also, what is the difference between the Salmon and Dual compound Koolstops? Isnt dual ...more

Yes, dual compound is salmon and black. It creates a more controlled stop by making the harder black compound make contact before the softer salmon compound.

I would go for BMXs.

|

3/15/2014 8:05 AM

Im leaning more towards the A-pads. Theyre cheaper and I feel like even if they dont work exactly how I want them to, they'll be good enough. Im afraid to try a new compound and end up getting burned. Plus I had the Koolstop BMXs in purple and they SUCKED

|

3/15/2014 9:39 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Im leaning more towards the A-pads. Theyre cheaper and I feel like even if they dont work exactly how I want them to, they'll ...more

That's because they were purple. Even purple Odyssey forks sucked.

|

3/15/2014 9:42 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Im leaning more towards the A-pads. Theyre cheaper and I feel like even if they dont work exactly how I want them to, they'll ...more

Xxohioanxx wrote:

That's because they were purple. Even purple Odyssey forks sucked.

Lmao. My purple Fly Zapatas worked like disc brakes on my chrome rim, one fell off somewhere so I decided to get purple Koolstop BMXs and they failed horribly lol.

|

3/15/2014 9:53 AM

Never heard a bad thing about the salmons

|