BSD ALVX/EZRA CRANKS

Related:
Create New Tag

10/15/2015 8:27 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/15/2015 8:29 AM

I have an opportunity to swap a guy for a BSD ALVX. Now I run my Federal Lacey with brakes, and this fella is brakeless, meaning front brake only for me, which I am not necessarily against, given that I ride pretty much only skateparks these days.

Just curious how the frame holds up/if anyone has experience?

Also I have the chance to swap my cranks (Premium 1948's) for Ezra Geists. Anyone have experience with these cranks?

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/15/2015 8:35 AM

I've had 1948s & Geists. The 1948s felt stiffer imo, i ran the Ezra's for only about a year and a half but had no issues.

|

"It's like riding someone's bike and they got the same frame" -Four
Refs:Four x4,tomdon x5,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

10/15/2015 10:26 AM

The alvx sounds like a ridiculously fun frame but idk if you want something that twitchy

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

10/15/2015 10:37 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/15/2015 10:52 AM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

The alvx sounds like a ridiculously fun frame but idk if you want something that twitchy

I'm not sure either. TT and HT angle match my Lacey, but the short rear end...it could be up to a full inch smaller...

Also the lack of brake mounts is something I am not sure about...

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/15/2015 1:11 PM

Stick with your Lacey. Im not sure how that short cs will feel flowing around a skate park.

|

10/15/2015 1:27 PM

I run those bossless Premium cranks and rode the Ezra cranks on my old bike .

Honestly , both are good.

My Premium cranks are 22mm so they're solid that way . I enjoy them , they don't feel rubbery and the low key graphics are nice . The build seems good too , nothing crazy , just solid cranks you know ? My local pro James bent a pair at the arms boosting a quarter and casing but he said they were his favourite cranks , and that that the 22mm would probably be a lot better .

The Ezra cranks are really good as well , but keep in mind they're 19mm and the 3 piece design has never been my favourite. They are easy to maintain though so that's cool . The rectangular design of the arms seems like they'd be really good for crank arms . Mine are beaten up but I remember they felt good. All depends what you like in a crank I guess . I'd rather run the 22mm Premium and deal with hard to remove bossless cranks then weaker Ezra ones , feel me ?

And I considered ordering a ALVX frame off 3ride but it's expensive here . The only big concern is that it'll be super twitchy , the chain stay is like a riding a toothpick . But it would be fun and if you have A longer framed bike then get a short one and mess with both . I've seen a local 3 whip out of a bank and only slip a pedal on a ALVX , seen him absolutely DESTROY parks and would have no worries about it breaking .

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

10/15/2015 2:43 PM

I'd switch them probably even though the ALVX is a squirrel. It'd be fun to mess around with. But if you have problems hitting your heel on the pegs this is a bad frame for you.

If you're just doing like tech stuff it's gotta be a blast.

I'd keep the Premiums. Not a huge difference. I have tried both and they're relatively the same tbh.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

10/15/2015 6:53 PM

I had a alvx for about 2 weeks and hated it. I like airing, and hitting jumps which felt a bit weird and kind of like i was riding a scooter tbh. I'd see if jake would let you try it out during the jam then decide.

|

10/16/2015 5:40 AM

rolland bluntz wrote:

Stick with your Lacey. Im not sure how that short cs will feel flowing around a skate park.

For the record, it is a Plaza, so wedges and ledges, and like 3 quarters. A hip too.

So really it is like an all-encompassing street spot with a few "park" objects.

It's not like it is box jumps and hips and transitions everywhere.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/16/2015 5:42 AM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

I run those bossless Premium cranks and rode the Ezra cranks on my old bike .

Honestly , both are good.

My Premium cranks ...more

The 1948s are 19mm 48 spline, so it really isn't too big a change. Mostly color tongue

It would be a swap of frames, not just a buy this one for a second frame.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/16/2015 5:44 AM

blizzbikes wrote:

I had a alvx for about 2 weeks and hated it. I like airing, and hitting jumps which felt a bit weird and kind of like i was ...more

He said as long as he can hang onto my Federal for collateral. Hard part is he is not too close to St. Cloud, so if I HATED the alvx it'd take some time to swap back. Although in that respect I could swap for something else if I wanted if we made the trade permanent.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/16/2015 6:14 PM

Run the Premiums then

|

My Cult 2 Short

10/17/2015 12:32 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

I'd switch them probably even though the ALVX is a squirrel. It'd be fun to mess around with. But if you have problems hitting ...more

thats one thing that worrys me about short rear ends is hitting pegs, i wear a 14 mens US. lol so i got some big ass feet i noticed that its mostly smaller guys riding short rear ends unless theyre pegless

|

1996 dyno slammer, 1997 mosh pro, 1998 gt vertigo, 2000 haro backtrail x3, 2004 free agent tigercat, 2005 volume dinosaur, 2005 s&m black bike, 2013 stolen saint 24", 2015 flybikes proton

10/17/2015 12:50 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

I'd switch them probably even though the ALVX is a squirrel. It'd be fun to mess around with. But if you have problems hitting ...more

JonnyGanja wrote:

thats one thing that worrys me about short rear ends is hitting pegs, i wear a 14 mens US. lol so i got some big ass feet i ...more

Jesus fuck you're a Goliath

|

My Cult 2 Short

10/17/2015 2:07 PM

6'4 230lbs size 14 foot my hands are the same size feet

|

1996 dyno slammer, 1997 mosh pro, 1998 gt vertigo, 2000 haro backtrail x3, 2004 free agent tigercat, 2005 volume dinosaur, 2005 s&m black bike, 2013 stolen saint 24", 2015 flybikes proton

10/17/2015 5:45 PM

JonnyGanja wrote:

thats one thing that worrys me about short rear ends is hitting pegs, i wear a 14 mens US. lol so i got some big ass feet i ...more

JonnyGanja wrote:

I'm 5'10 and like 130 lbs haha , skinny and size 9.5 feet , so evenly proportioned

|

My Cult 2 Short

10/17/2015 6:15 PM

JonnyGanja wrote:

I'm 5'10 and like 130 lbs haha , skinny and size 9.5 feet , so evenly proportioned

28t in the palm of my hand haha Photo

|

10/19/2015 6:16 AM

I'm 6 feet tall, 255 as of this morning (losing weight, WOOO) and size 13 shoes.

I swapped the cranks out, and my Federal Drop bars for a set of WTP bars (brand new with label on em). Gotta repaint my fork black now to match the bars and cranks.

I am getting rid of all the red stuff on the bike, and working to turn it black, then I am either plasti-dipping my frame, or gonna try to get a replacement to make LIME GREEN to match my sons strider.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/20/2015 5:43 AM

So going into the swapping of parts, a dude who lives around 4 hours from me offered up a "ridden 3 times" Demolition Rotator WHEEL and some cash for my wheelset. (Demo Rogue laced to Zero in red, demo phantom laced to zero in red with guards).

Looks like my setup will no longer have red pretty soon.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

10/21/2015 7:49 AM

JonnyGanja wrote:

JonnyGanja wrote:

28t in the palm of my hand haha Photo

nice rig homie

|

Refs: 360Xuprider, Hatebreeder, MrHavoc1988

Email: Shanebaker6969@yahoo.com

!!!My Bike Check!!!