BSD Back Street Pro cassette hub, true 14mm female version!

Related:
Create New Tag

4/11/2014 6:04 PM

Just spotted this on Dans, looks pretty beefy & has press fit chromoly cone nuts!

More Here

The Back Street Pro is our new hub for 2014. We designed the whole hub around our own custom driver with skip free mechanism while still maintaining a compact sized shell. With features such as bombproof 14mm female bolts, chromo cones, a massive female axle and hefty 6903 bearings, you know this hub is built street tough…

BSD Back Street Pro Hub Features:

- 6061 T6 aluminium shell.
- 4130 heat treated Chromo axle.
- Heat treated hollow 14mm bolts.
- High quality sealed 6903 bearings.
- Custom 9t driver with polymer bushing.
- Separate pawls and springs.
- Skip free driver design.
- Push fit Chromo cones.
- RHD or LHD.

|

4/11/2014 6:30 PM

Dope!

I always forget this but, what makes a FA hub not a true female?

|

4/11/2014 6:32 PM

Fondue wrote:

Dope!

If it has a shoulder than sits in the dropouts

Like a Profile Mini 3/8" cassette would be a true 3/8" female, and the G-Sport/Antigram in 14mm would be true 14mm female

but hubs like the past BSD cassette & other ones with a shoulder sticking out that sits in the dropouts, are considered shemale hubs

|

4/12/2014 1:27 AM

I love my backstreet and that holds up so this thing should be bombproof.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

4/12/2014 1:31 AM

You can even get them in "Shemale".

Photo

Half male, half female.

|

4/12/2014 3:23 AM

The hubs loofs beffy. I almost bought one when my old one broke.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

4/12/2014 6:05 AM

Fondue wrote:

Dope!

sundaybmxRR wrote:

If it has a shoulder than sits in the dropouts

Like a Profile Mini 3/8" cassette would be a true 3/8" female, and the ...more

Thanks man. I knew it was something that had to do with how it sits in the dropout.

|

4/12/2014 7:43 AM

brianoob wrote:

You can even get them in "Shemale".

Photo

Half male, half female.

I have a similar design axle in my ezra hub right now. Works great for peg/guard use, but it can be tricky tightening/loosening the bolts.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

4/12/2014 10:33 PM

Looks good. I never cease to look down on BSD parts. They're one of the best companies in my opinion.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

4/12/2014 10:40 PM

isnowyaznV2 wrote:

Looks good. I never cease to look down on BSD parts. They're one of the best companies in my opinion.

For sure have great customer service too, Grant worked with me personally to sort my front hub problems out. BSD make some super solid stuff & the chromoly hardware on the new hub is really making me want it too haha, aluminum press on hardware deforms way too quickly & makes working on your wheels a paint in the ass.

|

8/16/2014 7:07 AM

Hey look its the hub im gonna buy (:

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

8/16/2014 6:10 PM

Yeah thats amazing haha i want some coasting with a true female option still lol

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

8/16/2014 6:25 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Yeah thats amazing haha i want some coasting with a true female option still lol

supposedly the new oddy coaster is going to have true 14mm instead of shemale 14mm

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

8/16/2014 7:35 PM

since this was bumped, I guess I'll post up that they have a Pro Front Street hub out as well

http://www.danscomp.com/products-PARTS/427013/BSD_Front_Street_Pro_Hub.html

15mm chromoly center axle, chromoly bolts with 6mm broach/17mm wrench flats, 6902 bearings, CHROMOLY hardware, Daily Grind guard compatible.. If only they added a 6mm broach inside the axle, I'd be in love haha.

|

8/26/2014 2:51 PM

I've got a Primo N4fl in front and a mission react in the rear. I have a set of profiles that I absolutely hate, Ive tried odyssey and demolition. my favorite hubs are the ones im riding right now. I really want to get this hubset, the BSD street pros. If anybody has some, let me know. Otherwise im totally gonna buy these puppies brand new.

|

8/26/2014 2:51 PM

StoreBoughtChild wrote:

I've got a Primo N4fl in front and a mission react in the rear. I have a set of profiles that I absolutely hate, Ive tried ...more

Also give me your opinions, would I like this hubset. and how great do you think it is.

|

8/26/2014 7:49 PM

StoreBoughtChild wrote:

Also give me your opinions, would I like this hubset. and how great do you think it is.

I'm riding the original BSD Front Street hub and I like it. Chromoly center axle & bolts, 17mm wrench flats with a 6mm broach, and 6902 bearings. Good hub, and the Front Street Pro hub seems even better with chromoly hardware to prevent crushing, and a beefed up shell. I think it'd be a good choice

can't say anything about the Back Street Pro hub though, never rode it.

|

8/27/2014 7:43 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I'm riding the original BSD Front Street hub and I like it. Chromoly center axle & bolts, 17mm wrench flats with a 6mm ...more

Dude, as if the original Front Street wasn't tough enough already. I would soooo get the BSD Front Street Pro. I have like 3 BSD hubs in my house right now, haha.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke