BSD, Daily Grind, Primo...

Related:
Create New Tag

2/5/2014 8:23 AM

Yes, yes, I'm sorry, but I guess I'm adding to the "which part" clutter on Vital now.
Sooo i recently discovered I have a $50 dans rewards points thing on my account, meaning, time for the new front hub I've been planning to buy. I grind a lot, and really tear through the front hub. This will be laced to an Alienation 7up rim. So my choices are:
- Primo n4fl
- Daily Grind front hub (w/ chromo guards)
- BSD front street hub (w/ jersey barrier guards, my lbs can get them $10 apiece)
So those are my options. I'm super wary of riding plastic guards, just because of wear and cracking. I recently went back to metals after riding sleeves for awhile.
I would usually just go straight for The Daily Grind hub but i don't wanna be that idiot that thinks hes so special and needs the strongest parts on the planet and adds another half a pound to bitch about.
Anyone have any issues with the BSD and the guards? or the full plastic of the n4fl? or should i do something like add the daily grind hub guard to the BSD?
yeah so basically which hub/guard combo...

|

Insta: @devicacy

2/5/2014 8:29 AM

my friend has bsd hubs front and back with the jersey barriers. and i have gsports with the jerseybarriers and the only issues weve run into with the plastic sleeve on those guards is that the FRONT can sometimes get deformed from weird hits. when i rebuilt his wheel i had to used a dremel and trim off some excess that was rubbing spokes. on my front it just chipped off in one spot

the bsd hub is solid tho. clean looks also

|

"Forget 'today', 'today' is just tomorrow, disguised as yesterday"
TRANSPORTATION CHECK
Refs: ThrowAfit, 2funny4u, ridebmx456, spikez5, irideafly and a bunch of others, I'M LEGIT.
email= element4all@yahoo.com
facebook.
Instagram

2/5/2014 8:32 AM

Id go with the bsd that way.

|

RIDE OR DIE

THE ROUTER

Instagram: Luislorentebmx

2/5/2014 8:55 AM

DG hub and you'll never have to make this thread again.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

2/5/2014 10:15 AM

Brokenbmx wrote:

DG hub and you'll never have to make this thread again.

this sums it all up.

|

2/5/2014 10:42 AM

The DG hub if you grind a lot since it has built in hub guards. I'm getting the bsd hub since I don't and don't need the built in hub guards

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

2/5/2014 11:10 AM

Primo has built on guards to

|

2/5/2014 11:48 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/5/2014 11:50 AM

They all have identical specs, 6902 bearings and 15mm crmo axle and crmo bolts.

Primo has built in plastic guards and is flangeless which looks great aswell as (in my experience) makes for a stiffer wheel. Very lightweight, given it has two guards. I would definitely recommend this hub, I loved mine to death.
Daily grind has chromoly guards which keeps the weight up, but if youre a heavy front peg grinder it will be WELL worth it.
The BSD shouldn't even be a choice unless youre pegless, in which case go with this just to save the weight of hubguards.

I would recommend the primo for average front peg use, or if you dont grind any rough concrete.
Daily grind if youre a super heavy front peg grinder and shred concrete and othet rough surfaces.
BSD if you dont grind front pegs, might aswell save some weight.

Also, you can buy chromoly Daily Grind front hubguards for the Primo when you wear out the plastic ones, so if you can use the plastic ones until theyre dead and replace them with chromoly ones then you would be set for life. Primo N4FL v2 w/ crmo guards = best front hub set up EVER.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

2/5/2014 3:58 PM

i bought a primo n4fl from bmxtim, and its really stiff and great for smith grind. I've heard some bad things about the daily grind one, but if you like plastic pegs, id go for plastic guards as well
both should be fine for grinding

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

2/5/2014 4:12 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

i bought a primo n4fl from bmxtim, and its really stiff and great for smith grind. I've heard some bad things about the daily grind one, but if you like plastic pegs, id go for plastic guards as well

What did you hear about the daily grind one?

|

Insta: @devicacy

2/5/2014 4:45 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

realityisajoke wrote:

What did you hear about the daily grind one?

It doesn't spin well after and the axle is pretty short

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

2/5/2014 9:01 PM

BSD Front Street hubs last forever and spin great too. Nothing like using Gsport Gland's on it won't work..

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

2/5/2014 9:50 PM

I had a primo N4FL. the hub guards are tiny by the way. so if you're a shitty grinder like me, you'll miss a lot and deform the hub guards pretty quickly.

I'm running DG front hubs now. mine still spins forever and the hub guards are pretty indestructible.

i still keep my primo hubs incase my DG dies. i can switch up the hubguards.

|

In real life, i'm a short Perverted Azn Man.
But in the internet, i'm a killing machine with 10 years MMA training experience.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(͡O╭͜ʖ╮͡O)