BSD Donnasqueak Tires/Tyres

Related:
Create New Tag

1/8/2014 7:04 AM

Yeah, they look like the Cult tires. Yes, those are gray tread with black walls on the right. Pretty slick looking IMO. Check out TheMerged for more info.

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

1/8/2014 7:37 AM

Might get myself a pair. They look pretty sweet

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

1/8/2014 8:34 AM

They look nice, shame they only come in big sizes otherwise I'd be interested.

|

1/8/2014 8:51 AM

You know BMX has hit a new low when companies brag about how squeaky their tires are.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

1/8/2014 8:54 AM

^^^^trend whores running the market now. and those look almost identical to the cults

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

1/8/2014 9:10 AM

Holy shit. I figured BSD would be above using another companys design! Basically the same thing with grey instead of gum. Pretty disappointed! Im sure theyll be bueno though.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

1/8/2014 9:14 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

They look nice, shame they only come in big sizes otherwise I'd be interested.

If it really is a total ripoff of the cult the 2.25 will be around 2.3 ish, which would be awesome

|

Honestly? Who gives a shit. Its the fucking internet. I hate all of you equally.
-HardBMX_Tim

1/8/2014 9:37 AM

Photo
|

1/8/2014 9:41 AM

^ There is a size/two sizes of the Deharts that have a slick middle like the BSDs, but yeah mostly I agree that they're not really that similar.

|

1/8/2014 10:16 AM

Fondue wrote: Photo

Dehart 2.2 and 2.35

[LINK TO IMAGE]

Dehart 2.4" Slick

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

1/8/2014 10:42 AM

You still can't go wrong with some GLH's

|

refs:spikez-mikelee-ScramHype-CGcaps-Droogskull-Blake El Gingero-hcpmichael

1/8/2014 11:12 AM

I might get a pair of these. look nice. the gray ones are sexyy

|

Refs: 360Xuprider, Hatebreeder, MrHavoc1988

Email: Shanebaker6969@yahoo.com

!!!My Bike Check!!!

1/8/2014 11:24 AM

The grey ones look sick

|

1/8/2014 12:41 PM

Knock offs it seems. If they get fat and squak though then I would try them.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

1/8/2014 1:44 PM

I like squeaky tires, i really do. It is a great thing too. haha the squeak makes me happy and i have not a clue why. I hope they are nice and last long. When i saw these earlier today i thought they were the Cult tires. and they basically are. They better be like better rubber or something haha

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

1/8/2014 2:50 PM

2.1 is big enough, i ride bmx not a tractor.

|

1/8/2014 2:53 PM

Mychaylo wrote:

This.....I'm going to switch to 1.95s for both next I think

|

1/8/2014 2:54 PM

Mychaylo wrote:

doesn't a wider tire absorb more shock?

|

1/8/2014 3:03 PM

Scientifically the more tread touching the ground is more friction wich slows things down.....but if you ride 110 psi you will roll much faster and the more speed you have is what lessons the shock

|

1/8/2014 3:24 PM

Also a bigger contact patch does not always equal more grip, road bike tyres can be slick as the contact patch is so narrow, meaning the pound of pressure per square inch is high, the tyre cuts through a water surface to grip the road beneath it.

Now think about the same concept but with bmx tyres and a dusty skatepark.

|

1/8/2014 6:13 PM

Mychaylo wrote:

Also a bigger contact patch does not always equal more grip, road bike tyres can be slick as the contact patch is so narrow, meaning the pound of pressure per square inch is high, the tyre cuts through a water surface to grip the road beneath it.

Now think about the same concept but with bmx tyres and a dusty skatepark.

No. I won't think about it because those two scenarios have nothing in common.

|

1/8/2014 7:29 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Scientifically the more tread touching the ground is more friction wich slows things down.....but if you ride 110 psi you will roll much faster and the more speed you have is what lessons the shock

Right on the first part, not really on the second. Gonna be the same impact coming down no matter what your speed is. With bigger tires, there's a bigger volume of air to absorb impacts so less of the impact is transferred to you.

I like bigger tires in the front for grip but not so much in the back because I like having plenty of room for a brake.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

1/8/2014 8:55 PM

So washing out due to a lack of grip on less than ideal surfaces where contact area has a significant role has nothing to do with each other?

Yep vital logic at its best, enjoy your tractor.

|

1/8/2014 11:07 PM

Not thread jacking ! But Alex is going to test an upcoming BSD Dan Paley signature gyro setup !!!!

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

1/9/2014 6:14 AM

Not sure if dumb or being ironic..

|

1/9/2014 7:30 AM

Mychaylo wrote:

So washing out due to a lack of grip on less than ideal surfaces where contact area has a significant role has nothing to do with each other?

You don't ride street tires in dirt. Didn't realize you were that dense. Besides, do you really think streets are not dusty?

|

1/9/2014 8:04 AM

I don't personally understand why people need super fat Tyres.

|

1/9/2014 8:25 AM

I don't understand why people want super skinny tires. There's got to be a middle ground somewhere.

|

1/9/2014 8:37 AM

Fondue wrote:

I don't understand why people want super skinny tires. There's got to be a middle ground somewhere.

My point exactly, companies are stopping making normal sized Tyres (1.95-2.25") and only making super fat ones. I don't see any major benefits of super fat Tyres.

|

1/9/2014 8:44 AM

Mychaylo wrote:

Dust acts as a lubricant which reduces grip. Pressure per square inch will only help so much if your tread pattern and rubber compound are shit.

As to the why skinny tires, idk. I also fail to see the point in tires so fat they rub on the forks when the wheel deflects. With nothing but snow around, I'm about to order some Comp 3's so I can ride. The "street friendly" center tread on my Odysseys just pack in the snow and become useless. I'm really not happy with 90% of the tread designs today. Tires with no grip is a trend that needs to go away forever, haha.

|

Refs: Tito24, RiverSideRider, Stussy, Nettyspaghetti, Daniel24, Freddydapice, BrokenBMX, SuperstarDK, HardBMX_Tim. There's more, but I'm too lazy to look them up, haha.