BSD Safari Pedals? / Odyssey Grandstands?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/4/2016 11:26 PM

I am currently on Grey Safaris that I've owned since middle of August maybe. I feel like I'll be re entering the market for a new pair of pedals soon, I was thinking of getting some Grandstands, but I feel like the larger platform can have some sort of effect on how my bike rides and feels because I believe the Grandstands are fairly larger than most pedals in terms of surface coverage. Another pair of Safari's wouldn't hurt, but.... Would I possibly enjoy the larger platform of the Grandstand's? Idk...

Anyone who got the new Grandstand pedals please feel free to drop a reply and let me know how they feel compared to a smaller coverage pedal (Whether it be the BSD Safari as well or some other pedal)

|

Welp, broke past 1000... yeeeee

My Youtube / RainBMX
My Insta / What_Is_Barspin

2/5/2016 12:31 AM

I had both . Safaris are good for grinds . Grandstands are still new , and big , but I do not think they'll last for grinds and they have no knurling , plus cost more .

I'm about to punch out of work so it's short but I'd buy Safaris again .

The grandstands feel almost identical in sizing to Fit Mac pedals . They are not as big as people think they are .

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

2/5/2016 6:37 AM

Grandstands. You dont need knurling. I can actually ride for longer with my feet not hurting due to them being so much bigger. Will not disappoint.

|

Da Laird

unfuckwithable ill

Refs-brokenbmx, MaximusBikes, Brian_Griffin, Colonydirt94, Aebasher

2/5/2016 8:28 AM

I just bought some Grandstands a couple weeks ago. They are awesome. I don't find my feet slipping, so i don't find the lack of knurling to be a problem, even though it would be nice. They seem pretty durable too. My favorite thing about them is obviously the size-- they are huge. My arches used to hurt after rides but these pedals spread the shock across such a wide surface area i have yet to experience any discomfort. They are well worth the $20.

|

Refs: Josh_Ketcham, mykneeshurt (x2), Brian_Griffin, aaron.samuel.green

2/5/2016 11:13 AM

I've got grandstands right now I'm loving them , nice feel to them

|

2/5/2016 11:58 AM

Safaris, because Reed Stark is an awesome dude.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

2/6/2016 10:51 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/6/2016 10:52 AM

rode both and honestly the grandstands feel a lot better than the safaris. i was even skeptical about coming down from the safaris 15 pins with knurling to the grandstands 9 pins but somehow odyssey made it work. and about your feel question i rode my bike right outta the shop after changing from the safaris and it only felt different for maybe 30 minutes then it felt normal.

|

2/7/2016 11:35 AM

You should just want until volume come out with there pedals

|

2/7/2016 2:20 PM

Lupton8276 wrote:

You should just want until volume come out with there pedals

Hmmm.. yeah maybe, you got a pic to show ?

|

2/7/2016 2:40 PM

Well it seems like the Safari's and Grandstand's are a close comparison in terms or riding quality, maybe I'll get the Grandstands to try something new and possibly find another favorite pedal haha

|

Welp, broke past 1000... yeeeee

My Youtube / RainBMX
My Insta / What_Is_Barspin

2/7/2016 4:50 PM

I might get heat for this, but if you can afford it I suggest metal pedals over plastic. I feel like they absorb shock better; the disadvantage of course being that if you slip they hurt your shins.

|

"STREET" all day, ere'day.

2/7/2016 7:48 PM

Grand stands or optimal bike control. But I also do agree with Dave Lawrence on Reed Stark.

|

2/8/2016 12:42 AM

Always been a fan of the BSD safaris and their multiple pins, I also love large pedals and the grandstands seems to worth trying,

|

2/9/2016 2:41 AM

Grandstands aren't gonna change your riding style or let you land whips the first time but they feel good .

Having extra pins on the BSD pedals with an already large platform makes more sense to me .

As noted , Grandstands do feel good , just not wanting to over-hype them , there is a lot of good pedals , Twisteds being my favourite .

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short