BSD Tires.

Related:
Create New Tag

5/16/2018 10:27 PM

Im thinking of getting the BSD donnasqueak tires. And i just wanted to know if they are good tires to get.

|

5/16/2018 11:55 PM

rolando wrote:

Im thinking of getting the BSD donnasqueak tires. And i just wanted to know if they are good tires to get.

I've been running 2.25 Donnasqueaks since the beginning of the year and they've been nothing less than brilliant

|

5/17/2018 12:05 AM

I hear many, many good things about them.

You should also check out the Donnastreets, if you haven't. Those are also pretty well-liked among my local group.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

5/17/2018 12:30 AM

I've heard nothing but great things about them but in my experience, they're some of the slippiest tyres I've ever used.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

5/17/2018 4:11 AM

had two good sessions on the donnastreets and they are just like any other slick tyre with knurling really.

|

Hmmm

5/17/2018 5:05 AM

Literally just got a fresh set of 2.25 Donnasqueaks yesterday, I swear, BEST TIRES EVER!!! Fuckin love these things! My first set I rode for 8 months of pretty much every day riding, and they still have a good amount of tread left, just got new ones to freshin things up...

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

5/17/2018 6:41 AM

My friend used to rock Donnasqueaks. I think he's riding Dugan's now, but he always had good things to say about his Donnas.

I say go for it.

|

5/17/2018 11:46 AM

Literally all of Vancouver rode them about 2 years ago , the only tire you’d see on people’s bikes

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

5/17/2018 6:16 PM

p1p1092 wrote:

I've heard nothing but great things about them but in my experience, they're some of the slippiest tyres I've ever used.

glad I decided against getting them myself... I fucking hate all these goddamn slick tires, I want something with tread on them and these and the Cult Deharts seemed decently treaded without being dirt tires but I was unsure of them so I passed.

Fly Rampera, S&M Mainline and Fit FAFs (2.25s) are like the only aggressive tread tires anymore and we don't have a dealer through Fly anymore at the shop, FAFs are literally ALWAYS out of stock when we order, but luckily we're getting some S&M tires in soon so I'm getting them asap

|

5/18/2018 4:41 AM

p1p1092 wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

glad I decided against getting them myself... I fucking hate all these goddamn slick tires, I want something with tread on ...more

Those S&M tires are pretty good

|

My Cult 2 Short

5/19/2018 11:36 AM

Get some premium refuse resist if you can still find them. Some of the best, lightest tires you can find next to Maxxis.
Next I would try Maxxis grifters, still some of the best tires in my mind.
Decided to try the Eclat Mirage this summer, not too bad so far, they are also made by Maxxis.

|

5/20/2018 2:39 PM

Yes just yes i love mine so much theyre slick but i like that

|

Street yes please

5/20/2018 8:33 PM

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

Good to hear, I couldn't find any bad reviews so that's a good thing. I didn't realize the treads were different for each size... luckily I like the 2.10 treads better and that's what I'm getting so yay. They should arrive at the shop tomorrow, hopefully pick em up and try em out

|

5/21/2018 7:38 AM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

glad I decided against getting them myself... I fucking hate all these goddamn slick tires, I want something with tread on ...more

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Good to hear, I couldn't find any bad reviews so that's a good thing. I didn't realize the treads were different for each ...more

I have been running 2.4 Mainlines for a long time as my front tire, and although I don't have a bad opinion on them, I won't be thinking of getting them a second time. They were by far the most difficult tires I had to install on my rims.

My only gripe with them is that the rubber compound doesn't hold up very nicely: it sheds crazy and leaves marks all over the place. Good for leaving wallride and skid marks, but you can expect a black hand after casually brushing the tire...

This only appeared about 2 years after buying em, so I guess the UVs and normal rubber decomposition have been to blame.

Also, on loose-over hard terrain, it's kinda unpredictable. The cornering is progressive until a certain point, where it lets go and washes out.

The kink lyras (which are a more agressive alternative to Fit FAFs) hold better in the corners, and have less rolling resistance.

And- if you've been riding slicks (or half slicks) before, get ready for some drag. It's not that draggy, but will slow you down quite a lot if you love low pressures.

|

It doesn't matter where a train goes. It's decidin' to get on that does.

5/21/2018 10:59 AM

Ya for some reason those S&M tires were the hardest tire I’ve ever had to install actually I remember that now

|

My Cult 2 Short

5/21/2018 11:43 PM

Skylight wrote:

I have been running 2.4 Mainlines for a long time as my front tire, and although I don't have a bad opinion on them, I won't ...more

Dammit, hopefully mine aren't that hard to get on. Idk if the 2.1s are made just slightly differently that they wouldn't be but who knows. or maybe my rims are different, knowing my luck they'll be a pain in the ass to install. oh well, not a deal breaker. Ended up not stopping in for them today, but maybe tomorrow, Wednesday at the latest.

I hate slicks, I like a tire with good tread on them so I'm used to the drag, especially cause I already ride lower PSI. I just hope they grip decently. I tried a slick in the rear recently when I was trying out new tires (Fit FAFs 2.25" aggressive treads are literally never in stock when we try to order at the shop and Fly doesn't distributed through Tipplus anymore and we don't deal through QBP, so we can't get them anymore...) and I'd wash out on 90% of wallrides I did where I'd normally be fine. fuck slicks

|