BSD Unit / Slim Pegs

Related:
Create New Tag

7/7/2018 5:45 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/7/2018 5:47 AM

Anybody running the units or similar pegs? I've been running 4 pegs to try it out but my back foot hits the peg sometimes on my 38mm ones. Do slim 31mm pegs slide as well? Any learning curve?

|

7/7/2018 6:16 AM

Nah it doesn't really make a difference. I got the Bone deth diet grinders which are pretty similar. Only downside I can think of is you might be hitting the dropouts on your forks when you grind. On my r32s I hit the dropout but its fine bc its flush with the peg, But if you're running it just in the back then that shouldn't happen.

|

7/7/2018 6:26 AM

The unit pegs slide well I have them

|

Hmmm

7/8/2018 7:01 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/8/2018 7:03 AM

Cheers guys, actually ended up ordering some Éclat Venom PC's after being amazed how good they feel on rough ledges and smiths. The foot position thing is a pain but I think it might just be my position coming from MTB. I'm a size 8 with a 13.5" chainstay so I shouldn't have any issues considering most people's foot size.

I'm hoping not to have to buy plastic hubguards as well, hopefully my metals don't hang up on rough ledges.

|

7/8/2018 7:55 AM

fooby wrote:

Cheers guys, actually ended up ordering some Éclat Venom PC's after being amazed how good they feel on rough ledges and ...more

Yeah I'm a size 12 with the same rear end ..you get used to keeping your foot out the way trust me

|

7/8/2018 9:48 AM

I ride size 12 boots and my CS sits at like 13.3-13.4ish, I never hit my pegs.

I'm thinking about the full switch to plastic with those Venom Pegs, haven't heard a bad thing about them-heard they last a long time.

|

7/11/2018 1:10 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/11/2018 1:17 AM

Got the plastics on, they feel amazing! Went for a quick ride and instantly had the confidence to try Smith's at a decent speed and got them locked in for distance. Double pegged a few very rough ledges to test them out and there's barely a mark on them. People say plastics are for pussies who don't want to commit to speed but so far they've given me the confidence to hit things with a lot more speed than the metals for fear of being thrown over the bars. Tooth hangers seem doable now too.

One more question though, is it safe to grind down fork dropouts by a couple of mm? I'm still having issues hanging up on crooked grinds and I've realised it's because on my regular grind side, they're already worn down to peg level but my oppo side sticks out because I've never run pegs on that side. As soon as I turn in to lock in, the dropout hangs up and I stop dead. Could be lack of speed, going in with maybe half a crank but crooks are scary.

|

7/11/2018 1:14 AM

do you ride 175mm cranks?
if so, try to get a good deal on 160/165mm ones.
this will help a lot

|

IG: @_almost_crook

7/11/2018 5:43 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/11/2018 5:44 AM

booze wrote:

do you ride 175mm cranks?
if so, try to get a good deal on 160/165mm ones.
this will help a lot

I do! Stupidly picked up a set of Fit Indent's on eBay a couple of weeks ago without considering peg clearance.

|