BSD hub guard

Related:
Create New Tag

9/20/2013 7:14 PM

Does anyone know how to make the BSD rear hub guard free spinning? I know riders like Christian Rigal and Garrett Reynolds do it and it makes sense, but how?

|

9/29/2013 6:47 PM

yeah you have to shave the the end of the plastic sleeve until it isnt stuck on the frame. you have a remix right? which bsd version did you get for it?

|

9/30/2013 8:56 PM

Raul_Arce wrote:

yeah you have to shave the the end of the plastic sleeve until it isnt stuck on the frame. you have a remix right? which bsd ...more

Yeah it's a remix, and I got the one for the Mix hub but it works anyway, I heard there's like a trick where you can use a spacer so only the sleeve spins?

|

9/30/2013 9:00 PM

danielclark_e wrote:

Yeah it's a remix, and I got the one for the Mix hub but it works anyway, I heard there's like a trick where you can use a ...more

I would guess that putting an axle spacer small enough to just cover the aluminum part of the guard in between the guard & your dropout, would work. The pc sleeve wouldn't make contact with the frame then, and would then spin freely.. But would also slip off the aluminum part, butttttt a really really thin spacer might just work

|

10/1/2013 7:17 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/1/2013 7:18 PM

yeah but then youll be stretching your frame, if you look at the pc sleeve on christian rigals bike check, the back hub guard which spins, you can clearly see that it has been cut down so that the guard can spin freely without making frame contact. well try something out and see if it works! good luck dude. oh and did you have to add a spacer to make the hub guard fit onto the hub cause dans says it specifficaly wont fit?

|