BSD or Profile Hubs?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/19/2013 11:03 PM

|

Brandon
Taylor

6/19/2013 11:10 PM

I got profile minis 14 mm both wheels......they kick ass.....almost 4 years old still roll like new......and more options for upgrades down the road

|

6/19/2013 11:12 PM

eskimojay wrote:

I got profile minis 14 mm both wheels......they kick ass.....almost 4 years old still roll like new......and more options for upgrades down the road

I had them too but traded the back one : / Good hubs.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

6/19/2013 11:14 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Four wrote:

I had them too but traded the back one : / Good hubs.

So Profiles than

|

Brandon
Taylor

6/19/2013 11:16 PM

WeRideBrakeless wrote:

So Profiles than

I can only say they were good hubs, it's up to you. I haven't rode BSDs but heard they're good.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

6/19/2013 11:27 PM

go to the profile site you can get the old ss rear hub with same size flanges

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

6/19/2013 11:37 PM

I'd get the BSDs.

|

6/19/2013 11:40 PM

I would get a anti gram lol

|

Albes Is Rad!!!
Bike Check
YouTube
Instagram
Blood Life
Signature Trick : Foot Plant Whip
future FBM wrote: Finally once we can share a momen
andyferly wrote: OneEyeIlluminatiGuy has spoken.
These bars are officially stupid.

6/19/2013 11:49 PM

profiles, had mine for over a year now and theyre still like new

|

6/19/2013 11:50 PM

Yet to see or hear about antigrams......but every oddysey hub ive ever rode the driver shit the bed within 4 months.......i have no faith in oddysey hubs

|

6/20/2013 12:44 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/20/2013 12:47 AM

Anything other than profiles n

Only reason to get profiles is to get the SS hubs in 48 spoke

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

6/20/2013 12:49 AM

Gump wrote:

Anything other than profiles n

Only reason to get profiles is to get the SS hubs in 48 spoke

what dont you like about profiles?

|

6/20/2013 4:29 AM

Profiles are well known to have wobble straight out of the box.
Un even flanges are fucking stupid.
Overly expensive for no good reason
I killed mine in a very short period of time
They are only still counted as great hubs due to fan boys and kids that think expensive shit means its the best

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

6/20/2013 7:01 AM

I'll sell you my extra profile front...

|

MY SEXY BIKE CHECK!

sunny.jomofo, even more of a bitch than Dane wild!

if you need to talk to me text me 1-734-301-6545

on the legit list

35+ clean refs

6/20/2013 7:37 AM

Bsd if you ride street

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

6/20/2013 8:24 AM

Love my bsd front street hub. Have both guards and its great

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

6/20/2013 9:44 AM

I prefer profiles. I love them. can't say anything bad about the BSD hubs cause I have never rode them. but from what people have said, the BSD hubs are good. So either hubs are good Imo. I would just prefer profiles.

|

Refs: Scramhype x3, IRideAFly, Tomdon x2, HateBreeder x2, AndrewPeakmanBMX, TrendyDoo

For faster reply text me at 7024964706

6/20/2013 12:42 PM

Gump wrote:

They are only still counted as great hubs due to fan boys and kids that think expensive shit means its the best

ive had two sets and never had this wobble problem you speak of, having a smaller flange of the non drive side is a good idea, theres no point having a big flange of that side, its a waste and looks fucking ugly, you must of done some serious shit to kill yours lol.

|

6/20/2013 12:48 PM

Gump wrote:

Never heard of this wobble problem you speak of...and i know tons of guys with profiles, im guessing you just hate them cause your from australia the middle of nowhere where everything is expensive

|

6/20/2013 4:24 PM

I like my BSDs a lot.

|

Noah Farver

717-679-7588 Text me if you need me.

[LINK TO IMAGE]

6/20/2013 4:30 PM

Although plenty of people do, i will NEVER trust pegs with my Profile minis. If you run pegless & they will never ever touch a rail or coping then Profiles the engagement is second to none. If you ride Street then the BSDs however if you have the money for Profiles i would Suggest getting G-Sport Marmoset & Ratchet hubs OR if you can wait get the Simian hubs. OR..... (Again lol) Get the Odyssey Antigram hubs. The Front will be out in a few weeks time. They're lighter than the G-Sports feature the same style axle set up just scaled down, same drive system. I would recommend them in a heartbeat!

|

6/20/2013 4:33 PM

Oh & i meant to say Check out Eclat wheels. Very, Very, Veeeeery High Quality! The Dynamic Cassette Features on of those million point engagement systems & you can get slip on Non & DSG guards for them too! The Front one is awesome too, features narrower flange spacing for better grind clearance also, you can get guards for it too for ultimate Grindage!

|

6/20/2013 6:13 PM

Caelum Persson wrote:

ive had two sets and never had this wobble problem you speak of, having a smaller flange of the non drive side is a good idea, theres no point having a big flange of that side, its a waste and looks fucking ugly, you must of done some serious shit to kill yours lol.

Different flange sizes can "dish" (Or whatever the technical term is) your wheel out a lot more. I don't care if it's extra weight or doesn't look as good, if it's a stronger wheel, I don't care. Not a good idea at all. I wouldn't get Profile personally because there's much better parts for less money, and I've heard way too many stories about parts fucking up and customer care being shitty.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

6/20/2013 7:06 PM

Gump wrote:

Caelum Persson wrote:

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Different flange sizes can "dish" (Or whatever the technical term is) your wheel out a lot more. I don't care if it's extra weight or doesn't look as good, if it's a stronger wheel, I don't care. Not a good idea at all. I wouldn't get Profile personally because there's much better parts for less money, and I've heard way too many stories about parts fucking up and customer care being shitty.

why would it "dish" your wheel out? you just have longer spokes on one side. ive had no problems with any profile parts ive run and i would recommend them to anyone after a set of good hubs

|

6/20/2013 7:09 PM

BSD for sure out of those two. Only way I'd ever ride Profile hubs is if they were given to me for free.

|

6/20/2013 7:27 PM

Caelum Persson wrote:

why would it "dish" your wheel out? you just have longer spokes on one side. ive had no problems with any profile parts ive run and i would recommend them to anyone after a set of good hubs

You answered your own question. You have longer spokes on one side. I'm always horrible at explaining things so I'll let someone else get further into that so I don't confuse anyone more than they already are, haha.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

6/20/2013 8:23 PM

I would strongly suggest profile because tons of people I know ride them around where I live they all didn't have any problems and from personal experience they ride great but if you don't got the cash bsd wouldn't be bad either I know only two people that ride them and love bsd personally I would get profile if you had the cash but either way they're both great hubs

|

6/20/2013 9:48 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

Caelum Persson wrote:

Xxohioanxx wrote:

You answered your own question. You have longer spokes on one side. I'm always horrible at explaining things so I'll let someone else get further into that so I don't confuse anyone more than they already are, haha.

so why is having a longer spoke length on one side a problem? tonnes of hubs are like that

|

6/20/2013 10:33 PM

Gump wrote:

eskimojay wrote:

Never heard of this wobble problem you speak of...and i know tons of guys with profiles, im guessing you just hate them cause your from australia the middle of nowhere where everything is expensive

I hate to say this, but its true. I have 3 others sets of profile hubs, totems, minis and elites...just picked up another set of minis, put a tire on, mounted them to the bike...it has a slight play/wobble in the front hub. Im awaiting shims to fix it. As long as the shims correct the issue and I can ride as I do with no limits, I dont care...

BSD hubs are nice as well, if you want a serious street hub that can take anything, get the BSD. Ive rode numerous amounts of hubs, the BSD have rolled the longest when cruising around. They are smooth and reliable plus the price of their hubs are great!!

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

6/20/2013 10:57 PM

I personally wouldn't get Profiles because I don't see why they cost so much, and whats so special about them, other than they look good and they're quite light.

Profiles have 6061 Shells.
BSDs have 7075 Shells I believe.
I'm pretty sure they both have 4 Pawl Drivers.
And IMO the Allen Key only Bolts on Female Profiles are stupid, obviously they can be replaced but that makes it cost even more.

|