Back after 4 years and trail building

Related:
Create New Tag

7/5/2016 5:42 AM

How do folks, its been a while since Iv been on here but as me and a few buddies have built bikes again I thought Id see if theres any old faces I remember and post up what wev been doing at our trail.

I had it in my head there was a trail section but maybe that was something that was just spoken about before.

Not sure if this is the best section but heres a bit of a trail check that I will update if theres interest. Me and another 4/5 guys usually head up 3/4 times a week and build, its been too wet to ride much recently but since the start of May its changed a lot.

This is how things looked in May before work began again, having not been touched in 4 years
Photo

Photo

We did a lot of work getting the pump track back up to scratch again, reshaping rollers and making the berms bigger, will get some more photos.
Photo

Photo

The line of jumps was also looking pretty run down so most of the work has gone into this
Photo

We added a new jump and begun digging down between jumps. Also adding a sunken hip, and started working on a drop down dirt quarter
Photo

Photo

Photo

we added another row of sketchy as hell lines to pick so you dont go straight into a tree

Photo

Snap of Charlie riding the line taken from the trail hut roof, which I will upload when its finished
Photo

Quick snap of my "new" build of old fly and fit parts
Photo

|

Trails not Rails

E21 - Resto + E30 340i M60 v8 build + E36 328ti Daily skidder

7/5/2016 7:54 AM

trails look fun man cool snaps

|

7/5/2016 8:07 AM

The_Chris_Andrews wrote:

trails look fun man cool snaps

Thank you man, theyr great fun to ride and every week theres something new. Its taking a bit of time getting to used to being back on a bike again but its slowly coming back. And building is pretty relaxing it must be said

|

Trails not Rails

7/5/2016 8:14 AM

nothing better than riding trails, im getting back into bmx myself after 4 years of barely touching my bike

|

7/5/2016 8:38 AM

Cool to see all us older buggers coming back to it. How you finding it so far?

|

Trails not Rails

7/5/2016 9:23 AM

Verde. wrote:

Cool to see all us older buggers coming back to it. How you finding it so far?

feeling good again after a few sessions sucks all my mates have quit riding and the parks are all full of scooter kids tho

|

7/5/2016 9:39 AM

I definitely think part of it is having a couple mates who ride/skate or similar. that definitely makes it much easier to get back into it

|

Trails not Rails

7/5/2016 4:27 PM

Looks fun, and also looks like some are uphill? Maybe just the angle of the pics.

Jealous. I wish our trails weren't shut down and plowed.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura