Back from the dead (almost died)

Related:
Create New Tag

12/13/2018 10:17 AM

Suppy dudes! Been off because of a really bad car accident where I was not the driver. It was a bit depressing to read about everyones ride while not being able to do anything :’( but I think maybe tomorrow I’ll be able to pull my seat up high af n just cruise around my neighborhood.

Heres the story for anyone curious:

Coming back from clubhopping in an Uber with some friends. The driver I guess tried to show off to the girls in the car and was speeding. Lost grip on a hwy-to-hwy exit and he whipped the steering wheel around like a madman trying to recover (what a dumbass). We spun out fast as hell like a top and went sliding off the road. LUCKILY we slammed into this giant concrete lightpole that stopped us like a wall. We were less than 5ft from falling off the edge straight down into some nasty gator infested waters! I totally thought I was going to die. We hit so hard all the wheels fell off the car and it opened up like someone dropped an M80 in a hotwheels! I dont know how, but I got the least injured, even though we hit the pole on the side I was sitting on. Extremely blessed to be alive.

Injury List:
-Chipped Manubrium (upper sternum) in 3 pieces
-Slipped Disk between C6 and C7 Vertebrae
-Bruised C7
-Cracked Left Clavicle
-Cracked Left 1st Rib
-Bruised Left 2nd-4th Ribs
-Cut Whites of my Left Eye with glass
-Chipped 4 Front Top Teeth
-Cut my Tongue 40%
-Bruised Both Patella
-Random Shards of Glass Embedded and Cut the Right side of my Face, Neck, and Head.

|

12/13/2018 10:20 AM

Damn dude! Glad to see you're still with us. Best of luck on your recovery

|

Hey, I'm trying!
Instagram

12/13/2018 10:42 AM

DAMN! Good luck bro youll be riding again soon

|

12/13/2018 10:45 AM

Dear lord that injury list sounds nasty, makes me wonder how bad the others got hit if you had the least injuries... Good to see you're still alive, not a given after something like that

|

12/13/2018 10:58 AM

Wow, man! Congrats on cheating that bastard, Death! Sorry to hear about the accident but you are alive. Prayers to you for a speedy recovery!

|

12/13/2018 10:59 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/13/2018 11:01 AM

Glad you're alive man, fuck if you got out the least injured. . .what happened to the girls?

You taking any action against Uber?

|

12/13/2018 10:59 AM

Rabbe wrote:

Dear lord that injury list sounds nasty, makes me wonder how bad the others got hit if you had the least injuries... Good to see you're still alive, not a given after something like that

Yeah I’m worried because everyone else was bleeding. And all their phones were smashed to bits except the one girl I didnt know, so i dont even have her info >__

|

12/13/2018 11:30 AM

Damn dude that’s gnarly , good thing you survived

|

12/13/2018 11:30 AM

Jesus. That sounds bad.

I hope everyone else is ok.

|

12/13/2018 11:42 AM

Damn man. Y'all got pretty lucky

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

12/13/2018 11:45 AM

Fuck man. Glad you're ok. You might not be riding for a while. You need surgeries?

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

12/13/2018 12:44 PM

I dont think I can cruise tomorrow. I just tried driving today for the first time and steering the car was extremely painful. Thankfully I dont need any surgeries. They just put this weird glowing liquid in my eye, turned all the lights out, and picked all the glass out under a microscope. Aside from that everything is just gonna take time to heal. And I gotta massage my manubrium so the bone chips can settle

|

12/13/2018 12:56 PM

That sucks, but I'm glad you're OK!

|

12/13/2018 1:07 PM

Jesus, glad you're alright.

|

12/13/2018 1:08 PM

Good to hear you are still with us!

Sorry that happened to you, unfortunately you can never predict the future accurately...

|

12/13/2018 3:18 PM

Damn dude, let yourself heal before shredding too hard.

|

12/13/2018 3:32 PM

Holy shit man! Glad you're ok! Just take the time to heal up and listen to your body bro!

|

12/13/2018 7:00 PM

Sorry to hear, dude. Hope your recovery goes smooth and you're back on your bike soon.

|

12/14/2018 1:59 AM

Christ I thought you had just been away for a while... Hope you and everyone else in the car is okay. Show offs and on ramps aren't a good mix.

|

12/14/2018 3:30 AM

Shit, glad you're ok fella, that sounds seriously scary.

But surely now you can commit to anything on a BMX, any trick will be less scary than that.

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

12/14/2018 4:17 AM

Damn man!
Glad nobody died!

Idiot drivers! They think that chicks get impressed by some asshole that can hit a pedal?!

|

12/14/2018 7:54 AM

Dang dude!

I wonder-is Uber covering that being that the guy was their employee and on the clock? They should be covering your injuries (or at least the idiot driver)

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/14/2018 8:23 AM

Holy shit that sounds crazy! May u have a speedy recovery and make sure the driver/Uber pays y’all well! Just take it easy for now.

|

12/14/2018 8:41 AM

I am not usually one to say it but I'd say this a time when it maybe a good idea to get a lawyer.

|

12/14/2018 8:43 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

Dang dude!

I wonder-is Uber covering that being that the guy was their employee and on the clock? They should be covering your injuries (or at least the idiot driver)

This was my first thought. I'd be suing the fuck out of Uber if I was you. Pretty ridiculous that you paid for a service to avoid driving dangerously, just for them to drive dangerously & injure you.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

12/14/2018 9:25 AM

Wow guys! Thanks for all the love

|

12/14/2018 11:45 AM

93EXCivic wrote:

I am not usually one to say it but I'd say this a time when it maybe a good idea to get a lawyer.

I second this. I broke my leg in 2011 and in 2013 I won over $100k.

It wasn't a life-changing amount of money, but it wiped out my student loan and medical debt.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

12/14/2018 2:57 PM

get that $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

|

Lessons not learned in blood are soon forgotten