Back in the bmx game trying learn about the new companies

Related:
Create New Tag

2/28/2020 6:58 PM

What’s good bmx world. So I’m back in the bmx game. Haven’t really rode in years so I see there’s a lot new companies out there. Looking build a new bike from scratch. I have a pretty solid bike now but looking get a more dialed street bike. First want talk about frames. I’ve been looking at the standard pit boss frames and suggestion what’s good frames these days

|

2/28/2020 6:59 PM

Sunday sound wave V3 cult too short frame

|

2/28/2020 7:00 PM

Bonedeth motorbone , I’m enjoying mine , ready for a beating

|

2/28/2020 9:26 PM

There are countless options, and everyone will have a different answer for you here, haha.

In a nutshell, you'd want to have a 100% chromoly metal frame as opposed to hi-ten steel. Many frames also have certain tubes produced of chromoly, but the other half of the frame's tubes could be hi-ten. It's not that you should avoid it like the plague, but in the long run, a full chromoly frame can go a long ways.

What's the last bike you rode? Did you like the way it felt? Maybe if you start there, we can recommend things. Welcome back!

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

2/29/2020 5:15 AM

Bike I have now is a fly fuego frame with odyssey front back rims r32 fork animal head set animal presidential bars animal head set seat pedals thunderbolt cranks animal sprocket I like the way it feels but I feel like bars are to low last time I rode my bike was 40 pounds this bike setup is 25 pounds so there adjusting I need to do

|

2/29/2020 7:14 PM

Photo
Photo
|

2/29/2020 8:49 PM

First, that bike is pretty bad ass.

Second, Isn't the Fuego frame already a "dialed street" frame?

Looking at the parts it honestly doesn't seem like things have changed that much. What geo changes are you looking for?

|

2/29/2020 9:08 PM

^ Yeah, I thought you had a bike that wasn't that nice, lol.

And I agree, the Fuego line is pretty sweet, and with Devon behind the name, it definitely has its street influence. Might not be the latest version, but it seems solid to me.

What about the feeling of your bike do you wanna change?

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

3/1/2020 4:52 AM

ThAnks the bars feel low I think I just need to upgrade to four pieace 9.5 bars and I should be good

|

3/1/2020 10:28 AM

ridebmx98 wrote:

ThAnks the bars feel low I think I just need to upgrade to four pieace 9.5 bars and I should be good

Word.

You could also pick up a top load stem with a 35mm rise for the same height gain (if you like your current bars).

|

3/20/2020 10:47 AM

So did you sort out some new bars? I like your bike. It looks really nice.

|

Philippians 1:6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Christ Jesus. Insta: SilentNightSun

3/20/2020 11:12 AM

With the finger injury and virus I can’t work for next two weeks so putting that on hold I am like the cult four pieace bars so prob will go with that

|

3/20/2020 11:22 AM

ridebmx98 wrote:

With the finger injury and virus I can’t work for next two weeks so putting that on hold I am like the cult four pieace bars so prob will go with that

"The virus"... as in you were unlucky enough to contract it or just the ramifications of it being in the general populous?

|

3/20/2020 11:37 AM

I don’t have it lol I’m just stuck inside really would be perfect time to ride skateparks be empty wish my finger wasn’t hurt I’d take full advantage of freedom outside

|

3/20/2020 4:06 PM

Streets dead. Ride park with me

|

3/20/2020 7:36 PM

Sunday, S&M, Standard, Fly, Cult, and Laird frame are my favorites. if youre building a street bike you want the cs to be under 13.5 and ht to 75 degrees or over, but it really doesnt matter all too much. just make sure you get a crmo frame and its not a mafiabikes frame

|

I like riding my bike.

3/21/2020 8:30 AM

They're gonna have to tell me I can't ride on the street before I stop. People are still taking walks in my neighborhood and such. I don't really think this should be a problem. I'm not in the city though. I don't see the point in staying in the house. We're just not going to stores and all that.

My daughter works at a salon so she's bummed because they officially got closed down for now. She likes going to work.....

|

Philippians 1:6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Christ Jesus. Insta: SilentNightSun