Back pain!!!!

Related:
Create New Tag

8/23/2020 7:39 PM

I’ve been having pretty bad back pain while riding. I’m 5’9 And my bars Are a 9’ rise. I don’t understand why my back hurts so much. The only tricks Ik are bunny hops and fakies. It’s not like I’m riding that hard and I Hardly ever crash. If y’all could lmk what to do any advice will help.

|

8/23/2020 8:04 PM

It takes time to develop the muscles. I can ride hard for three or four days straight before I need a break at this point, but my whole body is hurting right now from wakeboarding for like two or three hours yesterday which I hardly ever do haha. Try and stretch before and after riding, make sure you eat a lot of decent food so your body has it available for the massive amount of energy it uses during your recovery. Muscles take a lot of calories to repair and build, should be eating a good bit more when you’re building them up from riding than you do when you’re just chillin. Last advice is get a good warm up in. I’ve pulled a lot of muscles by trying too hard too early on. I won’t throw any spins except like floater 270s and stuff for the first ten or fifteen mins till my body is loosened up, muscles are too tight to go hard like that. Hopefully something in that big ass rant helps you bud.

|

8/23/2020 8:06 PM

Also your bike size sounds fine, I’m 6’2 and I have 9.25s on one bike and 9.5 on my other, rode 9’s for years at this height also. Shit I rode 8.25s when I was over 6 foot and that was fine as well you’re all good bike wise

|

8/23/2020 8:07 PM

jboozer4 wrote:

Also your bike size sounds fine, I’m 6’2 and I have 9.25s on one bike and 9.5 on my other, rode 9’s for years at this height also. Shit I rode 8.25s when I was over 6 foot and that was fine as well you’re all good bike wise

Ok thanks so much for the advice I’ll definitely try your tips

|

8/24/2020 4:26 AM

Also STAY HYDRATED. Lots of water but also make sure you get the right amount of electrolytes and minerals etc.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

8/24/2020 5:00 AM

I agree with this and will add that, if you spend a lot of time sitting, get up and walk for a few minutes every hour.

|

8/24/2020 5:46 AM

Also, search for athleanx back pain on youtube and watch all his videos (there are a few on this topic) and see if it helps.
It helped me with my herniated disk.

|

8/24/2020 8:06 AM

Ok thanks for all the advice bro’s I’ll definitely try it out

|

8/24/2020 11:55 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/24/2020 11:56 AM

Similar here. I'm 5'8 and running a stem on the shorter side and 9" bars. Bike feels awesome but I'm getting pain at night. Mostly transition riding, not hard street type flat jolts or anything. Heard a lot about running taller bars to help with back but I didn't want to go crazy high. I may try 9.25 or 9.5 in the future.

|