Backhand Bikes (aka. Best up and coming company.

Related:
Create New Tag

8/30/2014 8:47 PM

http://instagram.com/backhandbikes

Tell me their shit isnt cool

|

13 years old

8/30/2014 8:52 PM

It isn't cool. They take a form over function approach and I don't respect it. Looks nice, yeah, but the stem and sprocket both look like shit. Stem just looks too complex and I wouldn't trust it as much as something like a Credence, and full guard sprockets are fucking pointless if there's only one bolt hole, plus it doesn't seem like a smart, strong design.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

8/30/2014 8:54 PM

stems look tacky but cool, the bar ends are nothing new, the sprockets look nice but cant be rotated and looks sketchy
too early to say, i hope the guy succeeds but a lot of the stuff looks gimmicky imo

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

8/30/2014 8:54 PM

best company ever except odyssey cuz best forks ever

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

8/30/2014 9:01 PM

I'd never trust that alien stem or whatever. And if they do make the fist stem, I have a feeling it'd be half hollowed out. Like ohian said, something like a credence looks better and is much stronger. Or the kobza stem (shadow). It's heavy for a stem, so hopefully it doesn't have any of that internal cnc'ing (right term?), and looks damn sexy

|

8/30/2014 9:41 PM

but the fist shape is the strongest mechanical shape for clamping

|

13 years old

8/30/2014 9:51 PM

Krooked wrote:

but the fist shape is the strongest mechanical shape for clamping

But what's it's rating on the #swag meter?

|

8/31/2014 7:00 AM

their shit isnt cool

|

"If you can't beat me on a bike, beat me off." -Will Stock

YouTube
Instagram (@WillStockSucks)

8/31/2014 7:14 AM

I think its kinda cool. Jesus guys, i see no problem with it. If some one wants to make some parts like sprockets and stems go ahead. It doesn't look bad at all.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

8/31/2014 9:59 AM

They offered to make me one of their guard sprocket from chromoly. Also, Joe Battaglia rode the first prototype of the Brain stem for 14 years before retiring it and making production models. They also said they will be dropping a street-guard sprocket and that the one they have is more of a park or light street sprocket.
I definitely plan to have their parts on my bike in the future. Very nice company.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

9/1/2014 1:41 PM

Light street is a really shitty term though, why a guard sprocket that wont hold up to sprocket tricks. Unles its main feature is looking cool, it needs way more support.

|

9/2/2014 8:04 AM

It's ok.

And Light Street means it is not for doing sprocket bashes on concrete. I can see it being good for those who grind both sides as a means to try to protect the chain a tad arount the sprocket.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/2/2014 8:12 PM

Meh. The sprocket looks better w/o the guard honestly, but would look better if the bolt hole part was milled the same like most sprockets. Doesn't look like it could take any abuse at all, but there's obviously a few sprockets out that're just as thin and work out well. I'm not a fan of top load stems, but the milling on it looks pretty nice honestly. The fist front load is pretty ugly tho.

|

9/2/2014 8:39 PM

backhand bikes (best up and coming toilet company)

|

9/3/2014 9:29 AM

i_like_turtles wrote:

backhand bikes (best up and coming toilet company)

** Turtle Company

|

"It's like riding someone's bike and they got the same frame" -Four
Refs:Four x4,tomdon x5,Xxohioanxx,BigCurn, Don't remember the rest

9/3/2014 1:40 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

It's ok.

And Light Street means it is not for doing sprocket bashes on concrete. I can see it being good for those who grind both sides as a means to try to protect the chain a tad arount the sprocket.

One of very few times i disagree with you, light street is very ambiguous, some people say its no pegs but look at hamilton, that isnt light on a bike, a guard sprocket for light street and peg use seems silly.

Screw the term light street entirely in fact, you either grind hard or you dont.

|

9/3/2014 3:59 PM

Fancy looking stuff

To this day though the coolest stem has to be the fbm bottleneck

Bottleopener for beers on a stem Steve Crandall is a man ahead of his time

|

9/9/2014 12:06 PM

Xxohioanxx wrote:

It isn't cool. They take a form over function approach and I don't respect it. Looks nice, yeah, but the stem and sprocket both look like shit. Stem just looks too complex and I wouldn't trust it as much as something like a Credence, and full guard sprockets are fucking pointless if there's only one bolt hole, plus it doesn't seem like a smart, strong design.

Hey guys.

98% of riders don't ride a Bash guard. Our Sprocket was designed for them. They can hit it on a rail or orange peel and Not break a chain. It's still light, and nothing like a Bash Guard. This is probably a change in thinking for some.

We never take "Form over Function". American Materials, Designers, Machinist, and boxers. Everyone that works on these parts Rides BMX and knows what quality we expect.

Nothing Made or designed in China, not even our Shirts. Riders should trust that BMX Bike Companies are not selling them crappy parts that could get them hurt so they can save money. That's where the Backhand came from. SMACK to all those BMX Companies Selling IMPORTED Garbage.

Our mission is to make the Highest Quality parts available at a price every rider can afford so No one has to buy Imported Garbage at risk of getting hurt. I might have got a bit crazy with the designs.

There's more coming.

Jeff
Backhand Bike Co.

|

9/9/2014 1:15 PM

Nice to see you defend your product, however i disagree on a couple of points.

The imported parts for instance arent china made, they are taiwan made, the place where all high end bike tech is produced and designed, being US made has nothing to do with quality, look at g-sport, odyssey etc.

Secondly, i understand that your sprocket may not be for people like me who like to sprocket slide.

However there is an increasing market of new riders who will buy this and think its strong enough for anything, just make it clearer that this is more chain protection than for actual tricks.

Dont take this as i want you to fail, i wanted to do the same and didnt have the balls/finance to go for it so i wish you the best of luck.

|

9/9/2014 2:05 PM

Thanks for the well wishes. We are not looking to mislead anyone on the use of our sprocket. We don't promoted it as a bash guarded sprocket. And, we can't stop innovating new products because some individuals might not read the description.

Taiwan is a part of China : ) they have made great strides in their manufacturing processes. You sound knowledgeable, I don't know if you are an engineer or not? Material made in the United States has to meet standards. Most of the material that is made in China doesn't require standardization. Some companies like Deco do a good job on maintaining the quality of their frames from overseas. Other companies boast high quality components and it's deceptive. Those parts fail, kids get hurt.

We are trying hard to do something really good here. but, we are going against the grain so, we expect some resistance.

Jeff

|

9/9/2014 2:33 PM

BackhandBikes wrote:

Thanks for the well wishes. We are not looking to mislead anyone on the use of our sprocket. We don't promoted it as a bash guarded sprocket. And, we can't stop innovating new products because some individuals might not read the description.

Taiwan is a part of China : ) they have made great strides in their manufacturing processes. You sound knowledgeable, I don't know if you are an engineer or not? Material made in the United States has to meet standards. Most of the material that is made in China doesn't require standardization. Some companies like Deco do a good job on maintaining the quality of their frames from overseas. Other companies boast high quality components and it's deceptive. Those parts fail, kids get hurt.

We are trying hard to do something really good here. but, we are going against the grain so, we expect some resistance.

Jeff

Taiwan is a part of China if you ask the Chinese. Ask someone from Taiwan and see what they say.

|

"Let it be heard: FOUR IS BACK MUH FUCKAZ"
Refs: Mobking, four, tomdon, Sickdude, xxOhioanxx onetrykid Krisner BMX
FBM Pizza Beer Roast Machine

9/9/2014 2:59 PM

Asked taiwanese foreign exchange kid amd yes it is part of china

|

13 years old

9/9/2014 3:00 PM

By the way this thread is satire i think these parts belong in a toilet store

|

13 years old

9/9/2014 3:42 PM

the prices are a lil bit insane for a up and coming company considering i got my la guardia for only 7 bucks more

|

9/9/2014 3:47 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Fancy looking stuff

To this day though the coolest stem has to be the fbm bottleneck

Bottleopener for beers on a stem Steve Crandall is a man ahead of his time

Wow that is such a awesome stem. want one now haahhaha. Crandall is god

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

9/9/2014 3:50 PM

joshcooldude wrote:

the prices are a lil bit insane for a up and coming company considering i got my la guardia for only 7 bucks more

parts cost money to make. The profit margin is very small. Which is why a part from somebody you have never heard of and fit cost about the same(but in all honesty 7 bucks is a huge difference)

But this shows that you are willing to pay more just for a name... Which is bad. Do your own research into products don't just go " oh it's fit it MUST be good."

|

9/9/2014 3:56 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/9/2014 3:57 PM

KrisnerBMX wrote:

parts cost money to make. The profit margin is very small. Which is why a part from somebody you have never heard of and fit cost about the same(but in all honesty 7 bucks is a huge difference)

But this shows that you are willing to pay more just for a name... Which is bad. Do your own research into products don't just go " oh it's fit it MUST be good."

im not paying money for a name im paying money for quality friend had an mds 1 and after 2 years its still kickin so thats why i decided to buy my own when i learned crankarm grinds and my old primo one broke. even if the profit margin is small the whole "more affordable" thing is kinda bs a primo solid sprocket is $25 now thats affordable. seven bucks is a differnce between a trusted brand and trusted parts to me.

|

9/9/2014 4:08 PM

Krooked wrote:

By the way this thread is satire i think these parts belong in a toilet store

Its alright sick dude. noone cares about your 180's anyways.

Backhand bikes. keep it up. looking forward to seeing more parts

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

9/9/2014 4:25 PM

Mychaylo wrote:

One of very few times i disagree with you, light street is very ambiguous, some people say its no pegs but look at hamilton, that isnt light on a bike, a guard sprocket for light street and peg use seems silly.

Screw the term light street entirely in fact, you either grind hard or you dont.

"Screw the term light street entirely in fact, you either grind hard or you dont."

I disagree with this, purely because I don't feel that anything in bmx is all or none. Some dudes grind sometimes, and when they do it is crazy good, some guys just hit a ledge here or there, and some guys grind all day every day.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/9/2014 5:01 PM

joshcooldude wrote:

im not paying money for a name im paying money for quality friend had an mds 1 and after 2 years its still kickin so thats why i decided to buy my own when i learned crankarm grinds and my old primo one broke. even if the profit margin is small the whole "more affordable" thing is kinda bs a primo solid sprocket is $25 now thats affordable. seven bucks is a differnce between a trusted brand and trusted parts to me.

That 25 dollar sprocket is a simple setup with minimal work to make it, and they don't say what KIND of aluminum it is (could be a cheaper alloy). And it is only 25 in Dan's. Elsewhere I saw it for 45-50 bucks.

Regardless, you cannot expect a brand being an up and comer to sell stuff dirt-ass cheap because they are new. Look at Tesla, their cars did not start at 10 grand when they came out. Look at Subrosa, their frames weren't 150 bucks when they first came out. Same with Cult, Fit and everyone else. They looked at current pricing, and put themselves in a similar spot in the market. It would be foolish to sell stuff cheap and then crank the prices up down the line, people will call you greedy and dislike you fro jacking them up.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura