Backyard BMX Set up

Related:
Create New Tag

9/3/2014 5:18 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/3/2014 5:19 AM

Been about a year since I posted my backyard ramps. Added a "banana" box and a 3ft high spine to the park section. Stuck the 5ft super kicker snow bank ramp in front of my pitbike landing. had a buddy come by last week and we moved the 6ft pitbike ramp closer to the landing and hit it on the bmx's, super fun but scary!
[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]
[LINK TO IMAGE]

Let's see some other cool backyard setups, need ideas to build next year.

|

9/3/2014 6:06 AM

that is pretty cool

|

9/3/2014 7:24 AM

Sweet setup. I used to have a banana box. What's the dimensions of yours?

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

9/3/2014 7:56 AM

Photo

This is an older pic, but my setup is about the same, just a lil bigger.
|

9/3/2014 11:25 AM

Make the pitbike ramp gap about 5 times bigger and have your friend tow you in on it! Muahahaha. Your life would be alot easier too if your backyard was concrete. Pedaling in grass blows. Lol

And I like your setup Tecnic. I wish I lived somewhere in the mountains so I could have a sweet set of trails in my backyard. I have fields behind my house that I was trying to build in, but there's a middle and elementary school a block from my house so the little shits kept destroying my jumps. Literally everyday I had to rebuild everything so I had no choice but to give up on them. Little kids are so disrepectful and irritating sad

|

9/3/2014 2:34 PM

tomdon wrote:

2ft high, 1ft low, 12feet long, 2 feet wide. Thinking of putting a piece of flat steel on one edge and try some grinds on it.

|

9/3/2014 2:35 PM

tecnic1 wrote: Photo

DUUUDE! that's awesome!! I wanted to start building trails this summer but work and kids take up alot of my time.

|

9/3/2014 2:39 PM

MMX_15 wrote:

DUUUDE! that's awesome!! I wanted to start building trails this summer but work and kids take up alot of my time.

My kids do a lot of my digging now.

|

9/3/2014 2:40 PM

-Havok- wrote:

Make the pitbike ramp gap about 5 times bigger and have your friend tow you in on it! Muahahaha. Your life would be alot ...more

Hahaha you first...

Yeah the grass kinda sucks but makes your legs "Strong like bull". I would love to get an asphalt pad out back some day and set my ramps up on it. Concrete is mad expensive around here, tar and gravel is a little more my budget.

|

9/3/2014 4:22 PM

tomdon wrote:

MMX_15 wrote:

2ft high, 1ft low, 12feet long, 2 feet wide. Thinking of putting a piece of flat steel on one edge and try some grinds on it.

mine was the same except 7ft long. they make great curved ledges when you tip them on the side

|

9/3/2014 4:24 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/3/2014 4:47 PM

Looks fun that super kicker looks like a blast , those kind of kickers always send the funnest nosedive 360s

|

9/3/2014 4:55 PM

Dream back yard. Someday I'll have this lol

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

9/3/2014 5:14 PM

Photo

Photo

This is my backyard setup, the first one is just the last jump of the line, after it rained a bunch. I couldn't get a shot of the whole place, but I have a few more jumps that I couldn't get pics of.
|

I ride to stay on two wheels and have fun!
BIKE CHECK

9/3/2014 5:29 PM

Nice yard Midwest! Looks like you need to implement some sort of drainage system tho!

|

9/5/2014 2:58 PM

-Havok- wrote:

Make the pitbike ramp gap about 5 times bigger and have your friend tow you in on it! Muahahaha. Your life would be alot ...more

Should just be there when they are and teach them to respect it. OR Post private property signs and no tresspassing signs. If you see them out there chase them out.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/5/2014 6:16 PM

here's what I got so far, just finished up the quarter an hour or so ago but I need to make the bottom board's transition to the top board smoother, and snug the top board's screws up.

Photo

Photo

Gonna add a path to the quarter in the back so the runway's better, and eventually wanna add a box jump before the path, should be pretty fun. Kinda sucks cause of course none of my friends wanna help, they all say they'll help but don't, so maybe I'll be a dick and just not let them ride it since none of them wanna help but are down to ride it.

|

9/5/2014 6:22 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

here's what I got so far, just finished up the quarter an hour or so ago but I need to make the bottom board's transition to ...more

I'm one of the guys that helps build just cause I love building ramps n stuff. I don't even care if I ride it or not

|

9/5/2014 6:39 PM

tomdon wrote:

I'm one of the guys that helps build just cause I love building ramps n stuff. I don't even care if I ride it or not

Same here, I've helped build dirt jumps that I barely even rode.

I got the quarter in the back from someone so it was already build up, just needed some pieces rebuilt cause they were broken/rotting away, but even just replacing them was fun to me so when I start building my box I think I'll have a lot of fun doing it

|

9/5/2014 6:50 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Same here, I've helped build dirt jumps that I barely even rode.

I got the quarter in the back from someone so it was ...more

Make it curved or a hump or something. Peculiar shaped obstacles are always the most fun to build

|

9/5/2014 6:54 PM

tomdon wrote:

Make it curved or a hump or something. Peculiar shaped obstacles are always the most fun to build

this is what I wanna build, nothing out of the ordinary but should be fun to build either way

Photo

|

9/5/2014 7:16 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

this is what I wanna build, nothing out of the ordinary but should be fun to build either way

Photo

Looks like a hell of a time both building and riding! What dimensions ya gonna use?

|

9/5/2014 7:20 PM

tomdon wrote:

Looks like a hell of a time both building and riding! What dimensions ya gonna use?

Hopefully! But haven't figured that part out yet haha.

I might just mirror the quarter's dimensions for the take-off part if possible, then just have a regular slant for the landing. Not sure yet. also thought about just making it slanted on both sizes because I like those kinds of jumps better personally and find them easier to ride, therefore easier to learn new stuff on. like I said, I'm not too sure yet haha.

|

9/5/2014 7:23 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I might just mirror the quarter's dimensions for the take-off part if ...more

my friend has a similar setup, basically he had a quarter and we made a slanted ramp to put behind it
worked pretty well and you get a damn good bit of airtime

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

9/5/2014 7:31 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

my friend has a similar setup, basically he had a quarter and we made a slanted ramp to put behind it
worked pretty well and ...more

That's pretty much the idea I had for it but idk if I wanna do a quarter to slant jump, or slant to slant. Obviously quarter to slant will give you more air, but I find them harder to ride and harder to learn tricks on personally, so I'm leaning towards slant to slant.

|

9/5/2014 7:38 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

bmxsteve99 wrote:

worked pretty well and ...more

sundaybmxRR wrote:

That's pretty much the idea I had for it but idk if I wanna do a quarter to slant jump, or slant to slant. Obviously quarter ...more

i absolutely suck at dirt and jumps like that, but it actually was pretty damn easy to ride imo

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

9/5/2014 8:30 PM

dude!!!1 can i please come ride your backyard??!! thats pretty sick!

|

You're never too old to have fun.

Bike
Summer riding

9/5/2014 9:14 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Should just be there when they are and teach them to respect it. OR Post private property signs and no tresspassing signs. If ...more

It never ends, I've tried trust me. The jumps were literally like two feet behind my fence and my yard is tiny so I can hear everyone, even more so when my pitbull stands at the fence barking. But it seems like they come back and mess them up everyday just to piss me off whether I yell at them or not. And It's city property unfortunatly, so I can't really fence it off or enforce anything other than yelling at people. But I also can't be there at the same time every single day to chase off like around 100 middle and elementary school kids, so it's kinda pointless. I can't wait to just get my own house with a decent sized yard so I can build everything perfectly the way I want and not have to worry about little disrepectful assholes. I did go down to the local trails yesterday and they're destroyed as well. Obviously no one has taken care of them since I redid them all a little over a year ago, but it's only rained like twice since then and has been 100+ everyday, so I guess it's understandable. Plus the dirt there is nearly impossible to work with because it's clay mixed with sand, dg and rocks, on top of being dry and rock solid from zero rain. However I spent like 4 hours yesterday rebuilding the big step up and it ended up getting dark before I even got a chance to ride it. But woke up this morning and had parts for my dirtbike delivered, so now that I have that back after 9 months, bmx is on the back burn again for the time being. Lol

|

9/6/2014 7:39 AM

"Kinda sucks cause of course none of my friends wanna help, they all say they'll help but don't, so maybe I'll be a dick and just not let them ride it since none of them wanna help but are down to ride it. "

That's what I did. My buddies wanted to ride dirt, and only one would help build, so we rarely rode my trails. They always told me to fix em up so they could ride the next day or something stupid. I just told them that they can help or we can ride somewhere else, I am not their slave to build spots for them.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/6/2014 7:49 AM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Photo

tomdon wrote:

sundaybmxRR wrote:

Why not use the quarter as part of it, and have the wedge to wedge across the side (from left to right while facing the transition of the ramp) so you have 2 hips as well?

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

9/6/2014 12:39 PM

dave lawrence wrote:

Why not use the quarter as part of it, and have the wedge to wedge across the side (from left to right while facing the ...more

Good call, but I might not have enough runway for each of them if I do that. Maybe idk haha.

Also, rode it today for a little! Needs some more support on the deck cause I feel a lot of flex when doing disasters and even just sitting on it. Other than that, it's fun so far

Photo

And a shitty switch air. Yes switch, I'm dick footed.

Photo

|