Backyard Spine Radius???

Related:
Create New Tag

9/9/2017 12:04 PM

I'm building a small backyard spine to ride when I have a spare 5-10 mins. It's 1 ft 7 inches tall, but I'm uncertain what radius I should use. I want it to have a nice kick to it so that I'm not always landing flat since it's a small ramp. I've already built the landing which isn't TOO steep so that it rides nicer. Any help with the radius size would be appreciated!

Harry

|

9/9/2017 1:34 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/9/2017 1:35 PM

I don't know, I've built quarter pipes before but nothing under 3 feet. I would say just use a small pvc pipe and go from one corner to the other. But that might be too snapy.

|

9/9/2017 3:34 PM

That seems way to small, but if it's already built what more can you do? Tear it down and build another one? Seems like you built a kicker ramp. I think a spine needs to be at least 3 feet, to be able to work properly. How did you come up with 1'7"? Seems kind of random.

|

9/9/2017 3:51 PM

Do you think so? I built the ramp I'd use as for the landing as a kicker, but decided I wanted a spine...
The only reason I've not taken it down and started fresh is because the ply looks like it could snap - I might just risk it though. I basically just got a steepness I liked and worked around it, and the height came out at that! It was the first jump I'd built so I wasn't too sure.

|

9/9/2017 3:52 PM

What radius would you recommend for a 3ft spine?

|

9/9/2017 7:09 PM

|

9/9/2017 10:57 PM

Yeah that looks good right there. I'd use that.

|

9/10/2017 3:35 AM

Great thanks guys. I'll use that.

|