Backyard trails check

Related:
Create New Tag

7/29/2012 3:10 PM

I know there's obviously a thread for trails made on state city or public land, but what about everyone's backyard setup trails? I'm moving back to Cali in December and I'd really like to build my own trails in my backyard instead of having to drive to the nearest ones, then having to deal with people that mess them up and don't help repair them. I want some ideas on how to set it up, so lets see your backyards!

|

7/29/2012 3:19 PM

we just got a tiller and a bobcat to build up trails in my buddies back yard, these aren't gonna be little trails either, these will be some monster trails cutting through the woods.

|

7/29/2012 3:28 PM

Nice dude! Gonna have to post pics when you start. I'm lookin for some ideas from people with small backyards. I know I've seen dirt parks and some pretty decent trails in tight city area backyards.

|

7/29/2012 8:45 PM

ive got some dirt jumps at my house, we just started making them big (for us) and hopefully will be getting a bobcat, ill post some pics of it later, if you check out my bike check you can see some of them in the background

|

7/30/2012 3:08 PM

Bump. Wanna see what turns up

|

7/30/2012 3:39 PM

how much room will you have to build?

|

7/30/2012 4:43 PM

Lol. Depends on what city I move back to, or if I even end up getting a house with a backyard. I know I'm gonna be back in the IE, but it could still go either way depending on cities. I lived in Hemet(unfortunatly) before I moved out here, but I've been looking there again since it's so cheap. That or Elsinore, which I've unfortunatly lived in too a couple times. I would like to be in Corona or Norco where I'm from, but it's super expensive so I don't see it happening. But this thread was mainly just because I wanted to see how people have set up their backyards with very limited space, mainly so I can get ideas just in case I do get stuck in a house with a tiny yard. Lol

|

7/31/2012 12:58 PM

ttt

|

8/3/2012 3:31 PM

Been a couple days. Anyone care to add?

|

8/3/2012 3:40 PM

I had initially planned on building a BMX race track as a form of cross-training for Motocross in a 120x60ft. backyard. I still might build it just because it was a crazy lay-out, debating whether to put that or some trails. I don't think I would be able to build big ass booters at first because my nephew is sketchy...

|

8/3/2012 3:50 PM

Hahaha. Well as long as he rides close to his limits so he doesn't get hurt. And damn, that's a crazy small area to be working with for a full track or close to it. I only want to have like 3 or 4 doubles(that will have to be built up as I get better, so I'll need the extra room) and probably a decent size hip and berm for turns. Possibly a couple rollers, but probably not with limited space.

|

8/3/2012 4:24 PM

It was an ambitious track to say the least. The lanes would have been only 3 feet wide... I have the rhythm lanes on paper but never did them up on the computer.

His mom's like super paranoid because he practically breaks his foot just trying to walk through a door. The dude is the most accident prone guy ever.
Photo

|

8/3/2012 5:39 PM

Damn man! Those are some crazy lookin plans. 3 feet sounds like you'd barely have enough room to turn while standing depending on where lips/landings were positioned. And hahaha about your nephew. Gotta learn how to pay attention!

|

8/3/2012 6:31 PM

I walk into walls and my parents always tell me they just put it in but i dont believe them...i think their lying...

|

8/3/2012 6:40 PM

WhassupBmx wrote:

I walk into walls and my parents always tell me they just put it in but i dont believe them...i think their lying...

what the hell are u talking about

|

I dont say stupid things, just no one knows what im talking about.

8/3/2012 6:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/3/2012 6:47 PM

WhassupBmx wrote:

Hahaha

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|