Bad Bar Ends!

Related:
Create New Tag

6/5/2011 5:17 AM

ok so i recently bought some federal bar ends & basically they are shite. they havent even lasted a week and both of the outer bits have ripped off, i need some new bar ends and a couple of my friends ride odyssey par ends and there what im thinking of getting, could you all let me know what bar ends your running & how there holding up?! and if not, what bar ends youve had in the past that have held up good, im not fussed on metal bar ends but if i get enough reasoning too from you guys id be more than happy to spend the extra bit of money for them but are they worth it too? thanks for any feedback in advance! smile

|

6/5/2011 5:40 AM

metal, for real plastics are stupid. kink lightest

|

I seek progression, not perfection.

Refs:Beastassdickwink~Dk/oldschool908~TheLilozzy~jaypee23~Bstick~agfracing~MoyBoy5~RIDE a BIKE~wade5~Mattmuldoon@hotmail.com x2~jakebikes~ joe loves shadow~ diss diqq~ k1ng~fly for life x2~spikez5~four~jb07~mike duda~ DORbmx~ bobPA~superstarDK

6/5/2011 5:56 AM

future FBM wrote:

wait till you try barspins and cut ur arm open. happened to my friend. get the par ends. ive had mine since xmas and theyll last me till end of the summer i bet.

|

6/5/2011 6:40 AM

Most plastic bar end aren't up to much, the only good ones I have come across are odyssey par ends and eclat cortexes. I hate metal bar ends, but thats my opinion. They can get really sharp over time and end up causing more damage than an open bar, and they hurt when you smack your hand or knee on them more.

|

6/5/2011 6:57 AM

future FBM wrote:

this.

|

Riding is more then a hobby. its life.

6/5/2011 7:06 AM

Metal just defeat the purpose of a barend imo, get odyssey par ends and come out and ride

|

6/5/2011 7:10 AM

Shadow metals are great.

|

Blair & Jasmin | Stella | Roxanna | Arianna v2 | Instagram: @Blakeyardigan

Ref's- TCbmx, Eatmybutt, Tito24, Trentydoo, Night Light, Ninjacat33, fly for life, Showtime402, \BMX-1995/, Pavmio, Bmx-Junkie, Dream, Ticaleb, Ricked_Em

6/5/2011 7:36 AM

Brokenbmx wrote:

Shadow metals are great.

this^^

|

6/5/2011 7:39 AM

BMX I like wrote:

Metal just defeat the purpose of a barend imo, get odyssey par ends and come out and ride

no they dont the purpose of a barend is so your bars arent a human cookie cutter when you eat shit and land on them

|

bike check http://www.vitalbmx.com/forums/Bike-Checks,27/ONE-TOUGHT-PODRE,1235558

[LINK TO IMAGE]

refs: fitbikeco77, iridebmxeveryday, nickkkk, floka myers, tinybikerider33, bmxihb321, beastassdick, lee rager

6/5/2011 7:46 AM

odyssey par ends for sure! I've had mine for like a year and a half

|

BIKE CHECK

living the life of a honey badger.
Refs: thebalt, kurtnut, scramhype

6/5/2011 8:02 AM

i think anything nylon is good.
i got some nylon ODI ones and they are durable but if you fall and your bars land on you they are soft enough to where they wont puncture you lol

|

6/5/2011 8:35 AM

jfrazier91 wrote:

i got some nylon ODI ones and they are durable but if you fall and your bars land on you they are soft enough to where they wont puncture you lol

they break in like a day......

|

6/5/2011 8:42 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/5/2011 8:43 AM

jfrazier91 wrote:

billythetoad wrote:

they break in like a day......

mine last for a couple months, it really depends on how much your bike falls on the bars/ how much you put the bike down.

|

refs- Tommyboy,mandingo215, lobo173, prophet,iridebmxeveryday,ctbmx86,1of1547,Warchol2,white knight,branBMX94,JakeSalbert

Subscribe to me on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/user/senika5634?feature=mhee

6/5/2011 9:36 AM

future FBM wrote:

yes just get metals, but i dont recommend the kink lightest, i had them and ya they were fine, but the little grub screws are annoying and can fall out causing loss of bar end ( what happened to me)

|

6/5/2011 9:39 AM

i hated the kink lightest they fell out soo much. i got animal bar ends now. they come loose every couple of days tho..

|

6/5/2011 12:24 PM

Oydssey par ends, tough as shit and cheap.

|

Refs: Wade. Beastassdick. ScramHype Lee_Rager(x7) Spikez5 TCBmx Dolphin
With seller feedback and ref on Bmx-forum.com and PBNation.com. WhiteKinght

6/5/2011 12:28 PM

subrosa?

|

6/5/2011 12:31 PM

Odi nylon bar ends are rad.

|

6/5/2011 12:32 PM

odyssey par ends are the best imo, i got odyssey griswald grips and they came with the old shitty ones then i got chase hawks and they came with the par ends, best bar ends ever only trouble ive had with them is when im loosing my bar ends to take my grips off if im changing bars or something the little screw falls out, but just screw it back in, they are tough as hell too

|

My Bicyclemachine.
|United Bike Co|Profile Racing|Odyssey BMX|BSD|Fit Bike Co|Cult|Dub BMX|Nike 6.0|Unit 23 Skatepark|

6/5/2011 12:37 PM

i run shadow metals they fine with me but par ends are the way to go

|

refs: moyboy5, Gucci Mane La Flurr, jbeaton13, tinybikerider33, Lee_Rager,TCbmx, ultra blade, TerrorCrew, ~Stolen Boy~, bstick, ScramHype, AO8, Austin_Read
Albe's nigglets..

6/5/2011 2:15 PM

I have had a lot of luck with my fly barends, and there cheap as hell.

|

Swoop it motherfuckas

6/5/2011 3:59 PM

I have the Eastern ends on one bike and the Animal press in ones on another. I prefer the Animal bar ends to all the others...but I haven't used the ODSY par ends yet

|