Bad weather.

Related:
Create New Tag

3/2/2018 6:13 AM

It's snowing pretty hard in the uk. Only just made it back from work and I am now snowed in. Well I can't go anywhere in the car or go out for a ride around the block. I'll just have to walk up to the local shop pick up some things and watch a lot of films and videos on YouTube.
|

3/2/2018 7:09 AM

Do you have a video game console? BMX Streets - PIPE has been helping. :D

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

3/2/2018 7:27 AM

I haven't no unfortunately that game looks amazing! I use to have the Matt Hoffman and Dave Mirra games when I was a kid, I couldn't get enough of them.

|

3/2/2018 7:29 AM

"Snowed in"? Are you kidding?! That's hardly even a dusting. Definitely no BMXing today.... but driving?

|

3/2/2018 7:50 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

"Snowed in"? Are you kidding?! That's hardly even a dusting. Definitely no BMXing today.... but driving?

I can tell we are on the same page. #uppermidwest

We got a foot of snow in 2 separate storms over 2 days last weekend. I went to work DURING the storm both times.

I shoveled my driveway 3 times to clear it.

My car is a 2002 Pontiac Sunfire (it was free-used to be my wife's car so NO I did not choose it). Still goes through just fine. Before that I drove a Chevy Aveo Hatchback-only got stuck in snow once over the 8 years I drove it.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/2/2018 7:51 AM

Laughs in Floridian
|

Ride for yourself and have fun

3/2/2018 8:32 AM

I was waiting for a comment on that haha it's not much compared to what you get but it's more than enough for us when the smaller/countryside roads haven't been plowed or gritted in our mostly small front wheel drive cars I think we are world renowned for having no idea what to do when it's snows!!

|

3/2/2018 8:35 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

England, France, and the American South are the 3 places in the world where when it snows (because it doesn't that frequently) people lose. their. minds. It's kinda hilarious.

Also - Fraser if you have a PC, BMX streets is on PC too! You don't need a console.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

3/2/2018 8:47 AM

It’s like that half the year where I am , supposed to get 30 more cm of snow today there’s already a foot and a half

|

3/2/2018 8:49 AM

Yeah there's been a few major crashes, some motorway closers and abandoned cars everywhere, also I believe people have been panic shopping haha

I have a laptop with out a disk drive. Can you download it? I'll have to have a look into it.

|

3/2/2018 9:06 AM

Anthony Loves Subrosa wrote: Laughs in Floridian

|

3/2/2018 9:19 AM

Florida's weather is bi polar as fuck..... the winters are nice though....

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!

3/2/2018 9:20 AM

It snows every year here, yet the whole country comes to a standstill over 2" of the stuff. My son's school was allowing parents to pick kids up at 1pm! And there were cars sliding down the hill on the way home.
Putting a bit of grit down when it starts to snow is the least I'd expect the government to sort out by now. Its like everyone's terrified of it

|

3/2/2018 9:25 AM

bmxer_yoshi wrote:

Florida's weather is bi polar as fuck..... the winters are nice though....

Try the upper midwest. Legit got a foot of snow and 3 weeks later it was 80, super humid (like FL levels-I've been there) and we got 7 inches of rain. (This was my wedding day).

We swing from negative 30 in the winter to 110 in the summer with nearly tropical humidity. Factor in tornadoes too, and mosquitoes the size of birds.

I have no idea why I still live here.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/2/2018 10:09 AM

Central Ohio is a guessing game all year 'round...except we don't get winter as bad as we used to...but it could be sunny and 70 in the morning, full out thunderstorm and tornados in the afternoon, and then 50F and foggy at night

you can ride to the par in crystal clear skies...then get caught in a 2 hour downpour in like a moments notice

I personally love it being a weather geek. I would hate to live in a place where it is always the same all the time...unless it was always snowy. I could definitely do that

|

I've Got sXe!!!
Up The Antix/Up The Punx
1988 Mongoose Caifornian Pro
2015 Surly Krampus

"Running Is dumb" - Dave Lawrence

3/2/2018 10:19 AM

Fraser Disney-Spiers wrote:

Yeah there's been a few major crashes, some motorway closers and abandoned cars everywhere, also I believe people have been panic shopping haha

I have a laptop with out a disk drive. Can you download it? I'll have to have a look into it.

Yes, I have it on my laptop. It's just that you need a controller to play it but if you have an Xbox or ps4 controller lying around you can use it.

|

Follow me on instagram @69instagreg
BOTTOM TEXT

3/2/2018 11:16 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

England, France, and the American South are the 3 places in the world where when it snows (because it doesn't that frequently) people lose. their. minds. It's kinda hilarious.

Also - Fraser if you have a PC, BMX streets is on PC too! You don't need a console.

Add Ireland to that list, the whole country has shut down for the past two days...

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

3/2/2018 11:17 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/2/2018 11:18 AM

Its been the best week ever and I havent gotten to ride but maybe an hour after work before it gets dark...

Im supposed to be on my 5 day break too...since last tues.

Fucking usps is breaking the law right now...

|

3/2/2018 2:02 PM

Up here in rainy washington the weathers always changing. We had snow, sun and rain all in the same week.

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

3/3/2018 5:07 PM

Just take it slow. I have to drive 2 hours in a shitty car with all season tires to get to the nearest indoor park and it is often worse than that.

|

3/4/2018 4:09 PM

sean_gillis wrote:

Just take it slow. I have to drive 2 hours in a shitty car with all season tires to get to the nearest indoor park and it is often worse than that.

What part of Alberta you from ?

|

3/4/2018 4:19 PM

All the Canadians on this forum are laughing .

“Bad Weather”

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

3/4/2018 5:42 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

I can tell we are on the same page. #uppermidwest

We got a foot of snow in 2 separate storms over 2 days last weekend. I went to work DURING the storm both times.

I shoveled my driveway 3 times to clear it.

My car is a 2002 Pontiac Sunfire (it was free-used to be my wife's car so NO I did not choose it). Still goes through just fine. Before that I drove a Chevy Aveo Hatchback-only got stuck in snow once over the 8 years I drove it.

Hey guys, I was just wondering, what is that stuff called snow? I've never heard of it....

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

3/4/2018 5:43 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/4/2018 5:43 PM

Anthony Loves Subrosa wrote: Laughs in Floridian

Also laughs while in Texas
|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

3/4/2018 11:34 PM

Bulletpup wrote:

Its been the best week ever and I havent gotten to ride but maybe an hour after work before it gets dark...

Im supposed to be on my 5 day break too...since last tues.

Fucking usps is breaking the law right now...

Dude tell me about it the weather here has been amazing all week and I got called into work as well but I won't complain cause I need the money bad. Construction sucks in the winter so I'll take what I can get even though my bike deserves better

|

@coupd_tat

3/5/2018 12:52 AM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

Can you get this on PS4 yet?

|

3/5/2018 12:54 AM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

RumHam wrote:

I don't think so, so sell it and get an Xbox One

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

3/5/2018 1:01 AM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

RumHam wrote:

Aitkenisgod wrote:

I don't think so, so sell it and get an Xbox One

Noooooo. PS4 has Bloodborne so no other console shall ever be worthy :p

|

3/5/2018 5:27 AM

So we are in the middle of an ice/snowstorm-overnight we went from clear roads and 35F to half an inch of ice under an inch + of snow (as of right now-we are expecting a foot + of snow).

Work is business as usual.

|

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

3/5/2018 5:32 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

So we are in the middle of an ice/snowstorm-overnight we went from clear roads and 35F to half an inch of ice under an inch + of snow (as of right now-we are expecting a foot + of snow).

Work is business as usual.

Yeah, we are supposed to get that shit here starting in about 8 hours & into Tuesday. We have 40+ degrees F yesterday. Got out on the bike for just a little bit. Now it's gonna snow/rain/sleet!

|