Badge almost finished... take a look

Related:
Create New Tag

4/10/2018 9:30 AM

Let me know what you guys think. This one is still thick but wanted to prove out the design without worrying about being delicate.

Photo

|

4/10/2018 9:34 AM

I would put that on a hot poker and stamp it on my ass if I could.
Make a carbon copy for that haha.

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

"The only future for BMX"

Yeah, kids getting shit bikes, breaking them and then quitting. LOL
-jbales on mafiaBIKES

I’ve been a 14 year old beginner for the last ten years
-adamnmexican

4/10/2018 9:47 AM

Looks great!

|

4/10/2018 9:55 AM

So what's the story on that zombie apocalypse guide it's sitting on?

|

Gave up on BMX to hang out with 13 year old soundcloud rappers, what a life, such a cool guy!
-Sheldon on Adam22

-jbales on mafiaBIKES

-adamnmexican

4/10/2018 9:56 AM

Very nice, man! smile

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

4/10/2018 9:58 AM

Dear Mishinn,

TEN out of TEN

WOULD BUY.

|

BMX over 30: Eat clean, Stretch, and Pray.

4/10/2018 10:05 AM

HavokDJ wrote:

You can never be too prepared.

|

4/10/2018 10:06 AM

HavokDJ wrote:

I would put that on a hot poker and stamp it on my ass if I could.
Make a carbon copy for that haha.

Flip it over & brand from that side!

|

4/10/2018 10:09 AM

Holy shit Mishinn! Looks great!

|

4/10/2018 10:28 AM

HavokDJ wrote:

Mishinn_Control wrote:

You can never be too prepared.

You should go buy a ppm88 off the internet or something, masks cost $39, and you can get A1 filters for $6 (protects from organic compounds), or you can just get the all in one NBC filter for $40 lol. I don't even know anymore, I've had a ppm88 that I used to use for airsoft because dinguses around here think that it's a grand idea to throw smoke grenades in buildings, though you use B1 filters for inorganic substances (non ionizing and non ammonia substances)
If you actually buy one to survive in the chance of a nuclear war, buy the all in one haha, I have 2 masks and 16 filters (bought them on the cheap). They use 40mm DIN threaded filters so if you ever find anything cheap it's a good precaution. One filter lasts an average person about 24 hours.
Anyways, too off the topic of BMX.

|

-Sheldon on Adam22

-jbales on mafiaBIKES

-adamnmexican

4/10/2018 10:50 AM

That's badass! Headtube badge?

|

4/10/2018 10:55 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

That's badass! Headtube badge?

You know it! Now that I have it where I want it, I'm going to do another in a thinner, more form-able gauge.

|

4/10/2018 10:58 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

You know it! Now that I have it where I want it, I'm going to do another in a thinner, more form-able gauge.

Yeah, seriously. Im gonna need one of these. I have this exact sticker on the HT now. I need the real deal!

|

4/10/2018 11:05 AM

TheDarkEnergist wrote:

Yeah, seriously. Im gonna need one of these. I have this exact sticker on the HT now. I need the real deal!

I've got you covered. Just need to get the material & I'll be in touch (If anyone deserves a little good karma, it's you.... after your frame debacle).

|

4/10/2018 12:20 PM

I’m still in! Would look reeeeeeaaaal good on the front of my BTM. I wait patiently for one to be ready

|

If you build it, they will come

4/10/2018 12:42 PM

LS1982 wrote:

I’m still in! Would look reeeeeeaaaal good on the front of my BTM. I wait patiently for one to be ready

I've got you too, bro.

|

4/10/2018 1:19 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

I've got you covered. Just need to get the material & I'll be in touch (If anyone deserves a little good karma, it's you.... after your frame debacle).

You're the MAN! This is really so cool.

|

4/10/2018 2:54 PM

That looks sick AF Mishinn!

|

4/10/2018 5:54 PM

I'd be interested in one for sure!

|

4/10/2018 10:09 PM

Looks faaaaaaantastic!

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

4/11/2018 12:42 AM

The badge looks awesome and the quality of the work is beautiful.

|

4/11/2018 12:58 AM

Dope badge, but the zombie shit freaked me out a bit.

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

4/11/2018 4:31 AM

Aitkenisgod wrote:

Dope badge, but the zombie shit freaked me out a bit.

If you had to deal with some of the people I do, you'd prepare for anything, as well.

|

4/11/2018 5:18 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/11/2018 5:28 AM

Anyone have opinions of final gauge thickness for this? Was just thinking about it being relatively sparse material-wise but i don't want it to be so thick that it's hard to form around a head tube, etc...

I was thinking .060" ish (1.5mm). Thoughts?

|

4/11/2018 6:35 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Anyone have opinions of final gauge thickness for this? Was just thinking about it being relatively sparse material-wise but i don't want it to be so thick that it's hard to form around a head tube, etc...

I was thinking .060" ish (1.5mm). Thoughts?

That sounds pretty good. Just off the top of my head I'd figure it would be a similar thickness to whatever HT badges are out there now. Maybe someone has one that they can measure just to get a ballpark?

But either way I'd say the 1.5 - 2mm range is probably perfect. Thick enough to be substantial and not break, but still malleable enough to form around a tube.

Really can't express how cool this is, man. I really want to start working with metal soon.

|

4/12/2018 7:01 AM

.060 seems a little thick to me...

|

4/12/2018 7:03 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/12/2018 7:23 AM

dead goon wrote:

.060 seems a little thick to me...

I thought it might be too but, at the same time, I wouldn't want a corner to get caught on something & bend

|

4/12/2018 7:22 AM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

I thought it might be too but, at the same time, I wouldn't want a corner to get caught on something & bend

Valid point. Only one way to find out!

|

4/12/2018 8:03 AM

Hit up @scottmaney_metalworks they did the little devil badge I have on my HT.

If I recall I will measure the thickness, but I would guess around a .060 would be good to avoid it being flimsy.

You could heat it up to bend a little easier to fit the HT.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/12/2018 11:55 AM

I saw this video on YouTube a while back. The guy builds his own bikes but in this one he makes badges.
Head Tube Badge

Not sure how much harder it would be to use head tube tubing to cut the badges out with the curve already there. You may get 2 badges per tube section. It may be the answer to knowing what gauge to use and getting the bend right.

|

If you build it, they will come