Balance bikes

Related:
Create New Tag

5/28/2016 6:38 PM

My wife's pregnant with twins so I had to go buy them bikes kink coasts and the strider I picked up for my 2 year old niece for 40 bucks at a yard sale it fits her pretty well the kinks are bigger though bars are about 4 inches higher and seat sits a few inches higher to which I didn't know when I got them or I would have bought the dk nano anybody got one for their kids?Photo

[img]https://p.vitalbmx.com/photos/forums/2016/05/28/48458/s1200_imag

|

5/28/2016 6:39 PM

Photo

|

5/29/2016 3:12 AM

I'm jealous of those kids!

Damn, If only I had one when I was small...

|

It doesn't matter where a train goes. It's decidin' to get on that does.

5/29/2016 12:14 PM

Matt Desson's custom S&M run bike:

Photo

|

Chris

www.bmxtransition.com
Canadian BMX Mailorder
Instagram: @transitionbmx

5/29/2016 12:20 PM

Got this for my buddy's kid , his dad was sponsored by West 49 for skateboarding so I plan to convert him to BMXPhoto

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

5/29/2016 1:06 PM

transition_chris wrote:

Photo

That's awesome, didn't he chop up an atf to build it?

|

5/29/2016 1:10 PM

We sell these mongoose ones at work. They look so awesome with the 4 piece bars! Makes me want to have another kid haha.
Photo
I wish I bought my son a balance bike when he was younger. He's on an 18" now and I'm struggling to get him to stand up when he peddles. He has a ton of fun hacking about on it though.

I've heard so many people say how kids go straight to no stabilisers after having a balance bike, and kids always look like they love messing about on them

|

5/29/2016 2:40 PM

transition_chris wrote:

Photo

That s and m is pretty badass

|

5/29/2016 2:42 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

We sell these mongoose ones at work. They look so awesome with the 4 piece bars! Makes me want to have another kid haha.
Photo
I ...more

Ya I've seen a few kids on them I talked to a guy that had the link balance bike and the 12 in pedal bike and he said his daughter went to the pedal bike without training wheels but she rode the balance bike at the skateparks to she could learn how to carve and roll down some ramps

|

5/29/2016 2:44 PM

Strider also does racing completions for balance bikes at dirt tracks which is what I hope I can get mine started in

|

6/16/2019 12:50 AM

I have two kids: one aged 5, the other 2.5. They both started on the balance bike at 2 years old.
Thanks to the balance bike, the older child has been able to ride a bike without stabilizers since his 3rd birthday, but refuses to part with it as it's so much fun!
When you shopping a balance bike for your child, you should first consider the size and the weight of the bike. Too high or low seat height will both make the child feel uncomfortable. Proper seat height should allow for a slight bend in the knee. Generally speaking, the overall weight of a bike shouldn’t more than 30% of your child’s weight.
The other elements such as frame materials, wheels, brake, footrest, etc.
For more in-depth information about buying a balance bike, I highly recommend this article:https://www.ahappykids.com/buying-guide-to-the-balance-bikes-for-toddler/
Photo

|

6/16/2019 5:01 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/16/2019 6:41 AM

sheikahmes wrote:

I have two kids: one aged 5, the other 2.5. They both started on the balance bike at 2 years old.
Thanks to the balance bike, ...more

Great response. Was that three years of research, or do you just type really slowly?

|

Don’t put 25.4 bars in a 22.2 stem.

6/16/2019 5:51 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/16/2019 11:31 AM

Bought a Raleigh off craigslist. Had the strider but the foam wheels slide out on turns. Was going to do the kink but think the bars were to high to jump well with. The balance bike is a great thing. He will be 3 in July and can ride his 12" fit pedal bike with no training wheels as well. Photo

|