Ballistic Suede?

Related:
Create New Tag

1/15/2014 6:47 PM

Just ordered my new riding shoes, followed the hype and went with Vans Halfcabs. I got the Wild Dove (Ballistic Suede) version. All the others are canvas/suede. What is different with Ballistic Suede?

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

1/15/2014 6:55 PM

If I'm not mistaken, "ballistic" is what they are calling the non-suede material on those.

|

1/15/2014 6:58 PM

These would be all ballistic.

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

1/15/2014 6:58 PM

Fondue wrote:

If I'm not mistaken, "ballistic" is what they are calling the non-suede material on those.

So theyre gonna be shitty -_- gawdammit. I really should have asked before ordering.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon

1/15/2014 6:59 PM

Vans are cool.....I always wondered what those clipless shoes section on dans where the vans look cool

|

1/15/2014 7:04 PM

Photo
|

1/15/2014 7:31 PM

Those half cabs look sick ^^

|

"It's not a scooter, it's a bike." - Van Homan
My Fit

1/15/2014 7:34 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Vans are cool.....I always wondered what those clipless shoes section on dans where the vans look cool

I have them, they have a line on the bottom where you cut a piece of the rubber out and there is a place for the cleats. The bottom is kinda thick they look slightly goofy but its waaaay better than some of the other clipless shoes. Too me the rubber on the bottom feels different when I tried to ride my bmx before I put the cleats in it felt like it didn't grip as good probably because the sole has almost no flex because its made for cleats.

|

My Fit

1/15/2014 7:38 PM

fitbikerider14 wrote:

Those half cabs look sick ^^

Thanks, gonna have em in the mail tomorrow! Super fast! Ordered at 4pm today. Gotta love Dan's! Not stoked on the gum sole. My gum soled shadow vans only lasted a summer with metal pedals.

|

1/15/2014 7:43 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Thanks, gonna have em in the mail tomorrow! Super fast! Ordered at 4pm today. Gotta love Dan's! Not stoked on the gum sole. My gum soled shadow vans only lasted a summer with metal pedals.

Nice, and it might just be your pins, I noticed after my pedals hit the ground a few times over the course of a couple months my soles started to get extremely ripped up and the I saw a couple of my pins were really sharp so I just replaced those pins when I got new Vans and haven't had the problem.

|

My Fit

1/15/2014 8:02 PM

I have Cab Lites in all black suede , and they are sick , both on the pedals and as casual kicks.
Photo

I've seen a friend wearing the gray Half Cabs shown above , and I complimented him , they do look really good.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

1/15/2014 8:14 PM

^^^^^sexy, i went to the vans store to buy some but all they had were the some grey ones (not the one's tim getting)

|

Murica bike check
REFS four, tomdon, bmx1995, jared42069, obiwan chromoly, hate breeder, nshs2010, asilva23, rascio,
Alfred NYC, Kymike, chuck8273(kind of), tc86, Ugot2dewitt, LLURider, dprc, ecuadevil, scramhype, Mario.villegas90(X2), dirtstars22, Brian_Griffin

1/15/2014 8:33 PM

Thanks for the info fitbiker14 I might have to try a pair

|

1/15/2014 8:57 PM

Cab Lites are harder to come by from my experience but are worth it. I've worn mine to job interviews , assembly speakings , etc.

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

1/15/2014 9:00 PM

eskimojay wrote:

Thanks for the info fitbiker14 I might have to try a pair

No problem, what kind of pedals are you going to run with them?

|

My Fit