Bar Height(in relation to bb height)

Related:
Create New Tag

11/1/2017 9:46 AM

I currently have a frame with a bb height of 11.75 with 9 inch rise bars. I'm about to get a frame with a bb height of 11.5. Wouldn't it make sense and be proportional to get 8.75 bars? If i kept the 9 inch bars on the new 11.5bb wouldn't it FEEL like having "9.25" inch bars on an 11.75bb?

|

11/2/2017 10:37 AM

I honestly didn't feel a change (bar height comfort wise) when i recently went opposite from a 11.5 BB to 11.75.. Used the same stem and bars.

|

11/2/2017 10:43 AM

Bro, you already made a thread that is also on the front page..... no need for another one. Also in my opinion you are over thinking it, just keep you old bars and put them on your new frame and just go ride, unless you wanna spend money on a part you don't necessarily need.

|

11/2/2017 10:52 AM

It's not overthinking, it's just good sense but asking twice the same thing is overdoing, especially when the answer is in the question.

|

11/3/2017 7:49 PM

bquick222 wrote:

Bro, you already made a thread that is also on the front page..... no need for another one. Also in my opinion you are over ...more

I did not intentionally make the same thread twice. I got an error stating "vitalbmx.com" had trouble posting it. So I copy and pasted it.

|

11/3/2017 7:55 PM

Francky wrote:

It's not overthinking, it's just good sense but asking twice the same thing is overdoing, especially when the answer is in the ...more

Didn't mean to post twice. Tried deleting one and couldn't figure it out lol.

|

11/4/2017 10:16 PM

Youre not figuring bb height in relation to centerline of the wheels!

A lower bb is more stable, lower bars arent more stable. Tail taps might suffer, but it might change how your feet sit on the pedals..

Its a complex machine. Thats why you follow the Golden rule of performance machines: Only make one change at a time.

|

In midschool bike rides you.