Bar Width... whatcha runnin'?

Related:
Create New Tag

3/9/2020 9:15 AM

So, as of right now, the new build has 30" wide bars. Better too wide than too narrow but I'm just curious what you guys find optimal for your riding & why. (I know this has been asked but after a search, I can't find anything recent that is pertinent).

What width bars do you prefer?

View Results

|

3/9/2020 9:21 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/9/2020 9:24 AM

Mine started at 29", they're cut to 26" now.. I just like em shorter, more clearance for bar spins. More clearance riding in tight spots. Just more of a natural "stance" for my arms..

|

It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that they are difficult: Seneca

3/9/2020 9:22 AM

Black Swamp Ghost wrote:

Mine started at 29", they're cut to 26" now.. I just like em shorter, more clearance for bar spins. More clearance riding in ...more

Wow! THAT'S short!

|

3/9/2020 9:28 AM

Black Swamp Ghost wrote:

Mine started at 29", they're cut to 26" now.. I just like em shorter, more clearance for bar spins. More clearance riding in ...more

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Wow! THAT'S short!

Yeah I guess so, but they don't feel short. I don't think they look short either??

Photo

|

It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that they are difficult: Seneca

3/9/2020 9:36 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/9/2020 9:37 AM

30” wide all day for me! I also run ODI grips so they feel super wide lol, but I love it.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

3/9/2020 9:56 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/9/2020 9:57 AM

I have no idea I just realized I have never measured , paid attention to , or cut down my bar length ever

|

3/9/2020 11:21 AM

I like around 27 - 28. Anything longer just seems unnecessary and gets in the way, and anything shorter just looks awkward to me.

|

3/9/2020 11:48 AM

Undesemin wrote:

I like around 27 - 28. Anything longer just seems unnecessary and gets in the way, and anything shorter just looks awkward to ...more

Thanks for checking in, Kenosha!

|

3/9/2020 11:49 AM

Black Swamp Ghost wrote:

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Wow! THAT'S short!

Black Swamp Ghost wrote:

Yeah I guess so, but they don't feel short. I don't think they look short either??

Photo

Yeah, if that's truly 26", it doesn't look like it. Looks normal.

|

3/9/2020 1:01 PM

Uncut. 😘

|

3/9/2020 1:28 PM

If the bars come in 29"-30" wide I leave them as is. If they're wider than 30" I cut them down to 28.5".

|

3/9/2020 1:42 PM

27’s I feel it’s adequate with a 20.6t to barspin and do other tricks and still provide stability that longer bars give you.

Photo

|

3/9/2020 3:32 PM

Mishinn_Control wrote:

Yeah, if that's truly 26", it doesn't look like it. Looks normal.

Yep, just to be extra sure I just measured em, 26" on the dot..

To each their own, but I find it funny when guys run 30" bars, and extra long grips that extend down the bends, and ride with their hands at or on the bends.. Makes the bars look like insect antenna or if anyone remembers the Cooties game lol..

Another way to think about arm "stance" is, how many of you guys wish the push handle on a push mower was wider? I'm going to guess those are around 24".

Also theoretically, the narrower you keep your hands, the less flex you'll have in your bars, might be something to think about for guys that somehow keep breaking bars..

|

3/9/2020 5:29 PM

27.75” eclat chocolate bars 🀟🏻
Probably about 28” with par ends

|

Testimony and apologies

I want everyone to know that Jesus Christ died on the cross for all of your sins, he went to hell for three days and defeated death and rose from the grave on the 3rd day.

instagram
What would Jesus say: I didn't die for you to live like this!

old edit

3/9/2020 10:39 PM

Im running 30" wide right now. I plan on cutting them down to 29 in a bit. I dont prefer 30" wide bars.

|

3/10/2020 12:57 AM

Cut my 29" bars to 27". I used to occasionally hit my knee during barspins (especially air barspins), never happened since I cut them.

|

3/10/2020 1:49 AM

Run mine at 27"

(originally they were 29" wide)

|

3/10/2020 5:06 AM

27 because anything narrower on 10s look stupid

|

3/10/2020 6:58 AM

28”

|

Don’t put 25.4 bars in a 22.2 stem.

3/10/2020 9:16 AM

25” with half inch bar end extenders on bob bars. 27” on big fours.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

3/10/2020 3:48 PM

28". I might cut them down a bit, but I don't want to deal with the grips until I need new ones

|

Remember when you could ride all day and not be sore for a week?
Instagram: @theothermaj

3/10/2020 5:27 PM

28. I havent tried bar spins yet because Im definitely going to smack my knees. They just seem way too big to me, probably my hop form.

|

3/11/2020 9:10 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/11/2020 9:11 AM

Mine are at 29" right now and I wanna cut them down. I don't always hit when doing barspins but I feel like I'm probably overcompensating a bit, getting my body out of the way. Plus in the cold weather some clothes are loose.

I think I'd probably like about 26" but I'm a bit concerned that I can't put it back on if I cut the that short. Just in case. LOL. In case of what, I don't know. Resale I guess. LOL.

|

Philippians 1:6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Christ Jesus. Insta: SilentNightSun

3/11/2020 10:08 AM

Fortyseven wrote:

Mine are at 29" right now and I wanna cut them down. I don't always hit when doing barspins but I feel like I'm probably ...more

Where do you put your hands? Go 27 or 27.5 first

|

3/11/2020 10:08 AM

Fortyseven wrote:

Mine are at 29" right now and I wanna cut them down. I don't always hit when doing barspins but I feel like I'm probably ...more

Be sure you take a small bit off each end as you go (ask Bullet). I'd go at about 1/2" from each end and try it for a bit before cutting again.

|

3/11/2020 10:19 AM

Fortyseven wrote:

Mulletsnax wrote:

Where do you put your hands? Go 27 or 27.5 first

Yeah a lot further in than the ends..... Pretty much at the bend as long as my grip covers it. I got grips with flanges on now. Part of me likes them, part of me doesn't. But the grips overall feel really good. (animal, not sure which ones)

|

Philippians 1:6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Christ Jesus. Insta: SilentNightSun

3/11/2020 10:54 AM

27.5 - tiny/short street bike
29 - park/freestyle/commuter
29.5 - dedicated trails bmx
i have three bikes :p

|

wallride a bus everyday

3/25/2020 7:08 PM

Brandon Begin runs his hands about "22 lol..

He could probably get rid of about ten inches of bars... I don't know why he doesn't cut em down?

|

3/25/2020 7:09 PM

Photo
|

3/25/2020 7:37 PM

Black Swamp Ghost wrote:

Brandon Begin runs his hands about "22 lol..

He could probably get rid of about ten inches of bars... I don't know why he ...more

He uses the ends for the extra special times. *Wink Wink*

|