Where should I angle my bars?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/5/2013 2:46 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/5/2013 2:49 AM

What angle do you guys have your bars? In line with your forks or a certain degree? If you can post a picture that would be cool. I just want to figure out what a good angle is to bunny hop higher because my friend said if it's too far forward it affects the hop.

|

bicycle more like bikecycle

8/5/2013 3:06 AM

Angle your bars 1mm forward from your forks and you'll be able to bunny hop like Ty Morrow in no time!
Hoped this helped.

|

8/5/2013 3:08 AM

What part of the forks? The bit where the hub attaches to the fork or?

|

bicycle more like bikecycle

8/5/2013 3:19 AM

the steerer tube mate, and i have mine about 1mm forward from the stem or parallel with it, gives me lots of room and pop. in the end its just personal preference try with different angles till you find your point

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

8/5/2013 3:21 AM

tainted1581 wrote:

What part of the forks? The bit where the hub attaches to the fork or?

Look, here is what you do....go ride your bike and adjust your bars when doing so until you find the most comfortable postion. This is the only way to figure out what a good angle is for you. Whats works for some doesnt work for others...Go experiment , that is your best option, not asking on a forum.

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

8/5/2013 9:52 AM

over 9000 degrees.

|

Bruh

8/5/2013 11:40 AM

The only reason you should ride chicago'd bars is if you hit your knees on the bars

|

ı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨

8/5/2013 11:48 AM

Yeah, mine are always parallel to my fork however I have Director forks now. xD

|

Latest Bike Check/Update





Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

8/5/2013 12:42 PM

I run mine 3 or 4 mm forward from my forks

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

8/5/2013 3:14 PM

Chrisaustin wrote:

The only reason you should ride chicago'd bars is if you hit your knees on the bars

Or if you like them forward.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

8/5/2013 3:19 PM

Here's mine (excuse the mess lol)Photo

|

Bruh

8/5/2013 10:22 PM

Zach P-D wrote:

Here's mine (excuse the mess lol)Photo

Dude are you into RC? I see that you have a losi comp crawler in the back, and thanks for the photo, i'll try it like that wink

|

bicycle more like bikecycle

8/5/2013 10:31 PM

I ride mine forward Chicago styled I love it on my frame I feel I have more leverage for turndowns and whippin the back end out ......not sure if they'll stay that way for my next bike though I plan on getting a bigger frame so they might go back to normal....it's all personal preference

|

8/6/2013 2:06 AM

tainted1581 wrote:

Dude are you into RC? I see that you have a losi comp crawler in the back, and thanks for the photo, i'll try it like that wink

yeah lol i'll post a pic of all my rc (in the house*) that are mine.
*there are 20+ outside but there effort to get.

|

Bruh

8/6/2013 2:20 AM

Left to right.
Axial SCX-10 "dingo" shell/frame.
Losi micro crawler (on the dingo hood)
Axial SCX-10 tuber
and the heavily modded Maverick scout crawler
Tyres wise there are the 2.2 standard crawler tyres at the back and the 1.55 cut super swamper boggers.
Photo
That's everything in my house RC related haha

|

Bruh

8/6/2013 4:39 AM

Zach P-D wrote:

over 9000 degrees.

this which is equal to 25+ degrees smile
this better be correct please correct me if i'm wrong

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

8/6/2013 4:53 AM

jamiespadina wrote:

this which is equal to 25+ degrees smile
this better be correct please correct me if i'm wrong

wait, you worked this out...

|

Bruh

8/6/2013 11:14 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/6/2013 11:15 AM

Zach P-D wrote:

Left to right.
Axial SCX-10 "dingo" shell/frame.
Losi micro crawler (on the dingo hood)
Axial SCX-10 tuber
and the heavily modded Maverick scout crawler
Tyres wise there are the 2.2 standard crawler tyres at the back and the 1.55 cut super swamper boggers.
Photo
That's everything in my house RC related haha

I use to have a gas powered street car, that shit was more expensive than bmx as my car had a 2 speed tranny and did 56(non-scale)MPH and i wasnt to good at driving itblink

To the OP, like the pic zach posted more or less in line with the fork blade.

|

8/6/2013 11:26 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/6/2013 11:30 AM

Mine are perpendicular to the ground, so a fair bit forward but not loads.

|

8/6/2013 11:29 AM

I ride mine perpendicular with the ground, so a fair bit forward but not loads.

|

8/6/2013 11:36 PM

I don't know why but when I run my bars parallel to my fork like most people, I find it extremely uncomfortable.
I run mine really far forward, I don't know why it's just more comfortable.

|

Why be the same when you can be different?
Official Vital Buddy: Chrisaustin

4/5/2016 12:32 AM

How do I measure the mm it is forward or backward from my stem please

|

4/5/2016 12:55 AM

matt2323 wrote:

How do I measure the mm it is forward or backward from my stem please

It doesn't matter, just ride it how it feels comfortable

|

4/5/2016 1:50 AM

matt2323 wrote:

How do I measure the mm it is forward or backward from my stem please

I use a mm finder that I found on line.

|

8/10/2017 11:07 PM

tainted1581 wrote:

What angle do you guys have your bars? In line with your forks or a certain degree? If you can post a picture that would be cool. I just want to figure out what a good angle is to bunny hop higher because my friend said if it's too far forward it affects the hop.

I run mine back for more control for air's and tuck no's are easier to thrown with them right there. I like my bars right there.

|

8/10/2017 11:24 PM

Photo

Photo

|

8/11/2017 5:09 AM

In general, if your bars are too far forward (i'd say no further than your bars being perpendicular to the ground) you end up shifting your weight too far over the front & that will start to affect your hops, etc..; (in a bad way). So I wouldn't go anything more than 90 deg. (perpendicular) to the ground at the most, & in line with your forks at the least.

|

8/11/2017 5:11 AM

BcBMX80 wrote: Photo

Photo

FUCK! Did it again! Sorry folks.

|

6/28/2018 7:16 PM

I've never been able to lock down any solid logic behind people getting upset when somebody post in an old thread. Please me don't tease me.

|

6/28/2018 7:45 PM

whosbender wrote:

I've never been able to lock down any solid logic behind people getting upset when somebody post in an old thread. Please me don't tease me.

Photo
|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short