Bar ends

Related:
Create New Tag

12/2/2014 6:12 AM

I've ran plastic bar ends for as long as I can remember. Nothing to fancy just the standard odi bar ends that come with the grips. but I see some people running metal bar ends. So whats the difference between metal and plastic bar ends?

|

Its a skatepark not a playground.

12/2/2014 6:20 AM

I assume the main difference is just durability. I use ODI bar ends because I don't want the metal ones to splinter up, get sharp, and cut me.

|

12/2/2014 6:23 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/3/2014 11:31 AM

Par ends are above all. My one friend has had them for 3 or four years and they are the bomb!
Unless you have tree bars. They have bar ends that screw into the bars, which is neat.
|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

12/2/2014 6:43 AM

MaximusBikes wrote:
Par ends are above all. My one friend has had them for 3 or four years and they are the bomb!
Unless you have tree bars. ...more

lol I spent forever trying to find out what par ends you were talking about before you edited. I'm not sure how I feel about bar ends that screw in. I do own a set of taps but it just doesn't feel like it would work out all the great in the long haul.

|

12/2/2014 7:15 AM

The odi plugs are cheap garbage. So are the animal plastics. But the fly pc bar ends,par ends and some others last quite well. I've ran metal too and i always checked it after every ride to make sure it wasnt sharp if it was then I'd file it down. Only had to file once in like a year

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

12/2/2014 7:23 AM

tomdon wrote:

The odi plugs are cheap garbage. So are the animal plastics. But the fly pc bar ends,par ends and some others last quite well. ...more

I agree that they're cheap garbage, but they are cheap lol. I'll probably look into getting some metal ones soon. I keep a file handy so that should be fine.

|

12/2/2014 7:39 AM

Par ends dont tear or get sharp, also hurt alot less than metals to get hit by. Best bar end available.

|

Refs : SnM An1mal, GThompson121, Chuck8273, blizzbikes, bmxsteve99, kevin.brock.338, zinum, Brian_Griffin, billyhandyjunior, riverM, tomdon
Instagram : @timhankinsbmx

12/2/2014 7:58 AM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

Par ends dont tear or get sharp, also hurt alot less than metals to get hit by. Best bar end available.

second this, been running the same par ends for about 2 years in all probably. hands down best bar ends

|

12/2/2014 8:37 AM

Metal bar ends for the win
I want to be able to progress and not worry about breaking silly plastic parts when I crash and smash myself and my bike

|

12/2/2014 9:42 AM

tomdon wrote:

The odi plugs are cheap garbage. So are the animal plastics. But the fly pc bar ends,par ends and some others last quite well. ...more

this. most of the times that I had plastic bar ends that came with the grips. theyd rip apart mad quick or break and get like stuck in the bars and shit

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

12/2/2014 9:44 AM

tomdon wrote:

sketchytravis wrote:

this. most of the times that I had plastic bar ends that came with the grips. theyd rip apart mad quick or break and get like ...more

Yea I replace mine long before they're ready to get stuck in the bars.

|

12/2/2014 9:44 AM

eskimojay wrote:

Metal bar ends for the win
I want to be able to progress and not worry about breaking silly plastic parts when I crash and ...more

I have never met anyone in my whole life that worried about breaking bar ends...

|

NEW Bike check
That InstaGram ting - @EddiMundo
Raw Clips Edit

KriB Life YouTube channel (Click on the pic!)

12/2/2014 7:06 PM

tomdon wrote:

sketchytravis wrote:

this. most of the times that I had plastic bar ends that came with the grips. theyd rip apart mad quick or break and get like ...more

Crit wrote:

Yea I replace mine long before they're ready to get stuck in the bars.

I just ride metal.

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

12/2/2014 7:34 PM

I seriously have odi barends that I modded to fit bottle caps on...
I like it a lot, I would get pics but it's cold out and my bike is in my garage, lol

|

I ride to stay on two wheels and have fun!
BIKE CHECK

12/2/2014 7:40 PM

MidWestBMX wrote:

I seriously have odi barends that I modded to fit bottle caps on...
I like it a lot, I would get pics but it's cold out and my ...more

We need pics tomorrow!

|

12/2/2014 8:56 PM

HardBMX_Tim wrote:

I second the par ends, best bar ends I've ever ridden.

For being pc, they hold up to A LOT.

|

12/2/2014 9:00 PM

Tree bar ends or nothing.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

12/2/2014 10:04 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/2/2014 10:04 PM

par ends ftw
they last a long time, are easy as hell to remove and install and dont get super sharp

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

12/3/2014 2:19 AM

Im making some bar ends coz as usual ive nothing to do at work.... Custom shit ftw!

|

NEW Bike check
Raw Clips Edit

12/3/2014 10:45 AM

Since its a bar ends thread, ill post this here... nothing much, made em today. need to get proper grub screws though!
Photo

#threadjack

|

NEW Bike check
Raw Clips Edit

12/3/2014 10:48 AM

EddiMundo wrote:

Since its a bar ends thread, ill post this here... nothing much, made em today. need to get proper grub screws though!
Photo

...more

I don't know if they're a thing or not. But I'd delete that picture and copyright the design xD

|

12/3/2014 10:54 AM

There is no design, i just made it up as I went along

|

NEW Bike check
Raw Clips Edit

12/3/2014 10:59 AM

Well make one lol. They look neat, especially if you found the right set screws.

|

12/3/2014 11:21 AM

i just need to order some online, i know what thread/size i need, but thats all i could get at work haha

|

NEW Bike check
Raw Clips Edit

12/3/2014 11:23 AM

I'd like to see you make a wedge design next if possible. I feel like it would be fun to make haha. I'm not a fan of open end bar ends because I fucking hate having dirt get in there but it's your bar ends lol.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

12/3/2014 11:30 AM

EddiMundo wrote:

i just need to order some online, i know what thread/size i need, but thats all i could get at work haha

I like this design a lot. Make a neat wedge design as Ohioan said. I have an idea for bar ends that are plastic but have the metal wedge part. It'd be way better than most bar ends too, idk how hard itd be.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

12/3/2014 11:48 AM

Never had a chanve to ride trails so thats never a problem. And i was thinking about a wedge design, but i couldnt be arsed drawing it up and finding dimensions etc. I might do soon though..... Also, my material came! 7075t6 ali for hub guards. Would do it with chromoly but good ones are heat treated, and i cant do that. Plus ali is SOOO easy to machine and get a sweet finish on.

|

NEW Bike check
Raw Clips Edit

12/6/2014 9:36 AM

My bar ends:
Photo

Photo

|

I ride to stay on two wheels and have fun!
BIKE CHECK

12/6/2014 9:54 AM

par ends have the same pair since last Christmas and my friend has mine since 2 Christmas' ago

|

12/6/2014 9:46 PM

Awesome bar ends lol

|