Bar ends

Related:
Create New Tag

4/2/2008 10:55 AM

never used them. what is the purpose of them besides keeping dirt out of your bars?

|

4/2/2008 12:44 PM

they sometimes look cleaner cause they cover that ugly hole in the bars, and when you do like barspins, if your bars are cut, and you dont have barends and hit your bars, your gonna get sliced, so if you do bars, ride with barends

|

4/2/2008 12:48 PM

basicaly stops the bars from impailing you,
i know someone who went over a jump,fell andthe bars went into his stomach,
urrllgh!

get some,

federal do some cheap plastic ones, there mint!

they are like £1.95,
think thats about $4 or cheaper

|

jamie girven, aka case hawk.

4/2/2008 1:34 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/2/2008 1:34 PM

Very simply, they keep the ends your bars from being damaged, and help protect your body from being impaled or sliced. They can also help make your grips last longer.

|

4/2/2008 4:19 PM

heres an even better reason to run barends-

i was riding earlier, and one of the guys i was riding with did a wallride from flat, and his back end went to high so he fell off the wall and rolled, then he looked at his thigh and there was a slice in his jeans and a handle bar imprint on his leg and a nice sized gash there to that he said was numb

so take the advice, just get barends.

|

4/2/2008 6:03 PM

keep from damaging the outside of your bars and they look better lol

|

4/3/2008 10:06 AM

cause they keep the bars from going into your body if that ever happens... and animal, fly and federal has some dialed plastic bar ends that push in that are cheap and light and easy to install

|

4/3/2008 8:09 PM

i dont believe in bar ends haha

|

4/3/2008 8:12 PM

i ride cut bars, so i dont want to get any "tattoos" from the ends of my bars, hen i try to barspin, or when i eat shit

|

My refs ?... Nigga just ask about me

4/4/2008 5:27 AM

Jamie Girven wrote:

basicaly stops the bars from impailing you,
i know someone who went over a jump,fell andthe bars went into his stomach,
urrllgh!

get some,

federal do some cheap plastic ones, there mint!

they are like £1.95,
think thats about $4 or cheaper

ya like 4-5 months ago they had an article in ride about a guy who tried a roof gap and fell and the bars went into his thigh and left a inch perfect hole in his leg. I use bar ends cause i wouldnt want that to happen lol. buy some cheap shadow or oddesy plastic ones or most good grips come with a free pair now

|

4/4/2008 8:12 AM

basically what every one else said but i also use them to stop the possibility of my grips sliding off..happend once before and i had to ride gripless for a while.. that SUCKS

|

4/4/2008 6:31 PM

dont use the ones that come with mike ta coalition grips i fell once on a sidewalk trying a barspin and the left one has a third of it gone now just broke right off

|

Acquire second hand-profit

4/5/2008 7:12 AM

just buy those plastic push in barends, there dialed as shit, there very easy to install and youdont need a screwdriver or allen keys to tighthen up bar ends which is one less tool and step you'll need to use on your bike

|

4/5/2008 7:27 AM

my fiend who thaught he dident need them tryed this big dirt jump and tryed to bail got stuck on his sprocket and landed and stabbed hus stomic with his bar it was gross.

|

4/5/2008 11:27 AM

bar ends=cheap inshurence for being impaled

|

doctor i'm okay, but my bike's sick