Bar geo

Related:
Create New Tag

3/31/2016 9:15 AM

What would be a good twitchy,quick responsive bar Geo,would 12 back sweep and 1.5 upsweep be good???

|

3/31/2016 9:32 AM

A bar with shorter width and reasonably tall rise. However, bar geometry wouldn't normally be something you'd look to for setting up something twitchy. Look for either a shorter reach stem, forks with different offsets, and, if you have the money, a frame with a steep headtube angle.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

3/31/2016 10:04 AM

Sweep won't affect how twitchy your bike will feel.
It's all personal preference when it comes to bars. I personally find narrow, lowish bars more responsive and more comfortable. But most people disagree

|

3/31/2016 2:47 PM

Tall bars are less responsive

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

4/1/2016 1:30 AM

Straight Guage tubing and rise is all the matter imo , dropped over a bill to try 4 degrees upsweep compared to 1.5 and didn't notice fuck all but the stiffer feel of the SG tubing

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

4/1/2016 1:38 AM

That depends on the gauge of the tubing, thin straight gauge tubing will flex more than multi butted tubing. 4 piece are generally stiffer though.
I personally can't ride bars with less than 3 degree upsweep, and I like a fair bit of back sweep. I find it a lot more comfortable.

|