Bar height

Related:
Create New Tag

7/22/2017 8:36 AM

Hi there

I know there are many topics about this question but I'm still gonna ask because i don't find what i want to know.
I'm around 5'7'' or 5'8'' and i bought a stranger thrash bar in 9.2'' like 2 months ago and i rode with them on a frontload. Now 2 weeks ago i ordered a stranger machine tl stem but i forgot that my bars where 9.2'' so my question is, will this be to high for me ?

(Sorry if my english is not good but i speak dutch)

|

7/22/2017 8:39 AM

Bar height is all personal preference really.... But if you don't like it just put the frontload back on....

|

I don't crash, I do random gravity checks...

7/22/2017 9:22 AM

Do you have any spacers on the fork tube that can be taken off? it'll probably feel weird at first but after a day or 2 you should get used to it unless it was too high in the first place.

|

7/22/2017 10:01 AM

weegaz22 wrote:

Do you have any spacers on the fork tube that can be taken off? it'll probably feel weird at first but after a day or 2 you should get used to it unless it was too high in the first place.

With the frontload it was good but sometimes after a day of riding my back hurted and i can't take any spacers of because the forks are pretty long

|

7/22/2017 1:04 PM

You should be fine. When I went from 8.5" to 10" rise bars, the difference felt massive the first few days, but then it felt normal and really comfortable. I went with the step up in height because my back was hurting after riding. The only way to tell if you truly don't like it is if you ride it for a week or so and still hate the height boost.

Just ride around and feel it out, chances are you'll like it.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

7/22/2017 9:06 PM

I think it's too tall for you. I'd stick with a front load with bars that height. I'm 5'9" and have 9s on a top load, that's as high as I ever want to get. You'll adjust to it anyway. Why the change though?

|

7/22/2017 11:40 PM

Tall bars don't stop your back from hurting. You lack strength, it's no different from your legs or arms aching after a hard ride.

|

7/23/2017 5:43 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

Tall bars don't stop your back from hurting. You lack strength, it's no different from your legs or arms aching after a hard ride.

I have back problems since i was 12, so if i stand in a wrong position for like 10-20 minutes my back already hurts.

|

7/23/2017 12:22 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/23/2017 12:23 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

When I rode 9" bars the back of my neck/ upper back would get extremely locked up (from having to tilt my head all the way back just to look forward). Going to 10" bars completely alleviated that, but at the same time I'm over 6'3", so I see tall bars as necessary. Unlike some. tongue

|