Bar spin & Tail whips with a brake cable?!...

Related:
Create New Tag

9/13/2008 6:43 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/14/2016 5:18 PM

Hi,

I've just completed putting my bike together and as I'm a complete novice to bmx riding
I'd thought i'd look on Youtube for trick tips etc. to get me started.

I have a Sunday Ian Schwartz frame with a right hand side rear brake set up (No Gyro!) and I noticed that Aaron Ross looks as if he rides with a right rear brake but manages to do Bar spins & Tail whips with this setup, is this right, as I thought that your brake cable would twist all over the place or is there a correct way of setting it up to achieve this or have just got it completely wrong?!

Please click on the links below?

Cheers
Drasik

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=LiLb4Lqxx9g

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=9NLlnbWYdn0

|

9/13/2008 8:14 AM

aslong as u have the cable on the right side of ur frame or the way u spin bar whips wateva should work fine

|

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

RIDE

9/13/2008 5:49 PM

i have mine on the left and still do them

just get a linear cable
and keep it pretty long
i can spin mine about 4 times

and just spin your bars the opposite way before you do your line or whatever

|

i ride bikes.

9/14/2008 12:39 PM

so basically...if u got a brake cable u can do 3 or so bar spins then gota straighten the cable back out? or what

|

9/14/2008 12:43 PM

micamack wrote:

so basically...if u got a brake cable u can do 3 or so bar spins then gota straighten the cable back out? or what

yeah pretty much

|

Dave Lawrence: "Pot is like the lazy retarded cousin of drugs. No one cares, they just give him a ball and he's happy on his own."

Refs: Fede/bmx1, Nmyersomg, Meowmoo68

9/14/2008 1:14 PM

yea but you need a linear cable

|

i ride bikes.

9/14/2008 1:14 PM

i got tired of having to spin the bars back after everytime..so i just got a gyro. of course..im just workin on foot jam whips..and can do bar spins on the ground haha.

|

(\__/)
(='.'=)
( .Y. )
(")v(")

09 Kink Transition...yes...i ride a tranny.

Im the CLIT commander of the sexy army.

9/15/2008 4:33 AM

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your help!!!

Cheers
Drasik

|

9/15/2008 6:53 AM

lol i barspin one way and whip the other it sucks too cause i run my brakes real tight.
but my cable is long so i might route it to the right side. i can almost do whips but when i get there ill see what i do when it comes to the brake cable

|

Refs:
vital: 2pAzR___mtorres14
TCU: doughboi!

9/15/2008 11:41 AM

linear cable

|

titties and beer > everything