Bar width

Related:
Create New Tag

4/12/2016 7:45 AM

I ride 26 width,how about you guys???

|

4/12/2016 8:12 AM

I have a four inch difference... Now when .5 inches make a day and night difference, well, I'm on a different planet than you (or rather in a totally different galaxy)!

I'm running a 30 inch wide bar... Never really bothered to cut them...

BTW, this would be more appropriate to include in the already-going thread about setups than making a separately new thread.... Just my thoughts...

|

It doesn't matter where a train goes. It's decidin' to get on that does.

4/12/2016 8:29 AM

I ride anything from 26 to 28 perfect widths imo.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

4/12/2016 8:35 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/16/2016 7:10 AM

I ride a 29.5" wide bar uncut, just feels perfect, I hate bars under 29".
Also I am tall and got wide shoulders so I instinctively put my hands on the end of the bar, but some people are funny, they ride 30" wide bars and put their hands like on a 26"

|

4/12/2016 8:37 AM

I think mine are about 27. I've got a habit of always holding the inside of the grip, so my thumbs are on the bars, no matter how wide they are

|

4/12/2016 8:56 AM

Francky wrote:

Also I am tall and got wide shoulders so I ...more

Ca, c'est moi a cent pour cent!!!

That's how I am, exactly... Lol, I never really got into cutting ghtem down... Maybe if I did I wouldn't have had my accident with the bars...

Looking to shift over to a 10 BSD Raider over the coming summer holidays and a lower stem... Probably will go to the pains of cutting them down to 29 or 29.5...

|

It doesn't matter where a train goes. It's decidin' to get on that does.

4/12/2016 10:08 AM

Francky wrote:

*raises hand*

me.. yep totally me...

wide bars do feel alot better though...

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!

4/12/2016 10:34 AM

27.5 is where I am. Anything wider than about 28 feels awko taco for my shoulders and arms. Plus smaller bars are better for when I screw up my barspins my bars dont destroy my knees anymore haha

|

4/12/2016 10:40 AM

Francky wrote:

bmxer_yoshi wrote:

*raises hand*

me.. yep totally me...

Hehe... Let me join the club. 29.5" width, probably hold around 26" as well. It's how I like it. It's all about personal preference, anyways.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike.
@scootereyn

4/12/2016 10:50 AM

27 wide and i still grip at the innermost point

|

4/12/2016 11:02 AM

Grand slam xlt bars uncut no idea how wide they are , as long as I can still crank x ups that's good enough for me

|

4/12/2016 7:55 PM

29 cut down, thinking about cut them again to 27. I really don't know how I like certain bars until I throw a few bar spins, then I go from there.

|

4/13/2016 6:03 AM

Francky wrote:

bmxer_yoshi wrote:

*raises hand*

me.. yep totally me...

readybmxer wrote:

Hehe... Let me join the club. 29.5" width, probably hold around 26" as well. It's how I like it. It's all about personal ...more

What's the point guys ?
If you like your hands around 26" why keep 4" useless inches ? and not simply cut the bar down, not has to be so drastic, but 1" down each side and you're good to go ! No bar in the way for barspins and you even lose weight aha !

At the end of the day, do whatever you want, but i'm just curious.

|

4/13/2016 6:16 AM

Well I'm just gonna say I don't do barspins (gasp)... yeah I know smaller bars help with doing them.
With wider bars my bike feels more stable in the air I also feel like I have better leverage for spins and as for where I place my hands on the bars it may not be exactly at 26'' but I don't grab the end of the bars either.

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!

4/13/2016 7:18 AM

I ride 28" wide bars and that seems to be just about perfect for me. I do hold on the inside of the grip and sometimes partly on the bar itself. Regarding people saying that you should cut them down, I know for a fact in my case I would still hold to the inner part of the grip no matter how small my bars are. I don't know, I feel like I have more control or something than when I hold the inside of the bar.

|

4/15/2016 12:36 AM

i ride 29'' BSD Passenger bars...perfect for me, my brother has my old bike with 27.5'' and now that feels like shit to me, probs coz im tall and have broad shoulders like someone else mentioned

|

You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start, to be great...

4/15/2016 1:17 AM

grumpySteve wrote:

I think mine are about 27. I've got a habit of always holding the inside of the grip, so my thumbs are on the bars, no matter ...more

im pretty much like this. I hold inside of the grip up against the flange regardless of bar size.

|

skooter... dont be a pussy

skooter: "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME VODKA!?"
sketchytravis: "... because i like being drunk, and if i give you my vodka im not drunk as much"
Chuck8273: "Logical. I like this logic. "

4/15/2016 2:39 AM

29.5 now , they feel awesome . I hate small bars , plus tall and wide just works. I would hate seeing 10" x 26" lol.

I can throw bars flat with 30.5 ( put bar end extensions as a joke ) and they felt good , I took my foot off though .

29.5 x 9.5 is current and they feel good . I hold the inside of my grip mostly , but shift around too

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

4/15/2016 11:22 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/15/2016 11:23 AM

Francky wrote:

i cut down my BSD raiders an inch on each side i should have taken like .25 on each side instead. i have wide chest and shoulders as well

|

1996 dyno slammer, 1997 mosh pro, 1998 gt vertigo, 2000 haro backtrail x3, 2004 free agent tigercat, 2005 volume dinosaur, 2005 s&m black bike, 2013 stolen saint 24", 2015 flybikes proton

4/15/2016 1:38 PM

29 or so is where they are, I want to cut em down.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/15/2016 3:15 PM

25-26 at the most.

|

4/15/2016 11:02 PM

25 with my hands all the way to the inside edges of the grips. Gives me way better bike feel and quick bike movements

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

4/16/2016 7:18 AM

Francky wrote:

JonnyGanja wrote:

i cut down my BSD raiders an inch on each side i should have taken like .25 on each side instead. i have wide chest and ...more

Wide bars feels good.
I always tell to people who wants to cut down their bars to to it progressive because once it's cut, it's cut, 0.25" is good to start, and if that's not short enough after cutting it down the first time you still can do it again.
I had rode a 28" bar from a friend a few weeks ago after breaking my 29" bar, I was holding the bar end...

|

4/16/2016 2:28 PM

Francky wrote:

Wide bars feels good.
I always tell to people who wants to cut down their bars to to it progressive because once it's cut, ...more

yea i cut em down because everytime i tried a barspin id hit myself in the dick. so i need a longer top tube frame than 21" ive come to realize lol

|

1996 dyno slammer, 1997 mosh pro, 1998 gt vertigo, 2000 haro backtrail x3, 2004 free agent tigercat, 2005 volume dinosaur, 2005 s&m black bike, 2013 stolen saint 24", 2015 flybikes proton

4/16/2016 7:40 PM

I ran tiny Castillo bars back in the day, i wanna say 24". Like 6.5" rise. When i got back into riding, all the bars were too wide for brake levers. Eventually got my 4piece Federals down to 28" even, its almost a perfect sweet spot between the the 2 feelings. Wish they were half an inch narrower tbh, both center bars are really wide..

So... Some stuff is harder, some stuff is easier, but it all looks a little different. I dont do barspins or anythings, but to be honest, I still havent done an x-up in 10 years cuz i dont wanna hit my knees on these wide ass bars, lol. I could never ride anything wider, even with 24-25" bars, your thumbs rub the inside.(wonder why?) If you havnt tried small bars, you dont know what you could be missing. (sick unturndowns/inverts, crazy hop tricks, better looking control overall, looks less like scooter tricks)

|

In midschool bike rides you.