Bars Display plus Fastest use Part

Related:
Create New Tag

7/28/2016 9:58 AM

I own a bike shop in Alberta and I was wondering what are some ways I can display bmx Handlebars. I don't want to use glass display cases as they are VERY costly here in Canada. Also for adding stock I was wondering what are the parts you go through the fastest. Thanks

|

7/28/2016 11:11 AM

Photo

|

7/28/2016 11:19 AM

Most bike shops I've been to just use wall mount displays, one shop would use a stand up display with stems and mount the bars on there.

|

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
I'm Mr. Meeseeks, Looks at me!

7/28/2016 11:46 AM

What Yoshi said and the picture that blizzbikes posted. For parts that I go through fastest, I'd say grips, and tires. Oh, tubes as well. I go through plastic pedals fairly quickly, so I switched to metal.

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

7/28/2016 12:49 PM

How do you own a shop and not know what parts get used the most?

New shop? Do you ride a bike?

Seems like if you rode, you'd know what parts get used the most.

|

7/29/2016 10:05 AM

pnj wrote:

How do you own a shop and not know what parts get used the most?

New shop? Do you ride a bike?

Seems like if you rode, you'd know what parts get used the most.

My shop became an official shop just like a week ago. And yes I do ride a bike. The reason I asked is that people go through different thing faster so I wanted to stock all the parts that people go through quicker than other parts. I know what parts I go through quickest but that doesn't mean what I do is the common for everyone.

|

7/29/2016 11:00 AM

DaFishMan wrote:

My shop became an official shop just like a week ago. And yes I do ride a bike. The reason I asked is that people go through different thing faster so I wanted to stock all the parts that people go through quicker than other parts. I know what parts I go through quickest but that doesn't mean what I do is the common for everyone.

Tubes, tires, grips, cables, brake pads, pedals. I would have a bunch of each on hand in several different colors.

As to bars, have like 5-10 sets in stock, frames maybe 1-3. Couple sets of cranks (do diff spindle sizes and a couple levels from 8 spline cheapos to higher end 48 spline and some 22 MM spindles etc).

Make sure to let riders know you can order stuff up, and try to be comparable price to mailorder. Maybe price match mailorder if you can.

Also if able, try to have stuff that's ordered delivered faster than mailorder. That's a HUGE factor.

Offer incentives like if you buy bars and grips, a good deal on labor (or free) for installation for simple stuff. Kids are broke, so charging a TON for part installs isn't gonna bring em in-they will just go online.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

7/29/2016 11:06 AM

Where and what's your shop called , I'm from Alberta too

|

7/29/2016 11:57 AM

Get loads of big bars and freecoasters, everyone wants them! Mark your parts up at rrp but make it known that you'll price match. It's a shame but online shops are killing small independents. If you've got the part they want, it's better to price match and shift stock than for them to come in, play around with it then order online.

I go through pedals and tyres more than anything else. I like to replace my chain fairly often too, plus it's a part that can fail easily so would be worth having stock of a few of the popular chains.

Get loads of spokes and offer a wheel building service, try to undercut local shops if the customer is supplying the parts, and do it for free if they're buying from you

|