Bars+Stems

Related:
Create New Tag

8/2/2017 8:04 PM

Do all Freestyle (Park/Street) Bmx Bars fit on any type of stem I buy?

Would I be able to choose any type of stem then choose any kind of bar?

|

8/2/2017 8:42 PM

Yes, any bar you buy from a local bike shop or online will fit. All bmx bars are 22.2mm on the clamping surface and all stems made for bmx bikes use that diameter handlebar.

|

8/2/2017 9:03 PM

ThrashNtrash wrote:

Yes, any bar you buy from a local bike shop or online will fit. All bmx bars are 22.2mm on the clamping surface and all stems ...more

Thanks man

|

8/2/2017 10:25 PM

If you have a threadless 1 1/8th steerer tube, any clamp on stem will fit. However, there are some over sized stems/bars on the market now with a 1" clamping area. Just read the description before you buy.

If you have a 1" threaded steerer (found on budget bikes), no one makes good stems anymore, but the clamping area will be standard

|

8/3/2017 7:16 AM

There are some new oversize stems and bars being made. They'll stand out.

|

8/4/2017 3:36 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/4/2017 3:46 AM

can someone explain handlebar rise and how this effects pulling up. is one easier? or is there one that is a good balance, i like smaller bars. i used to ride mustache bars about 15 yrs ago, i know they were small, dans says 9.0 and 9.5 options so im not sure what i had 15yrs ago.

dans mustach link

were these not made by primo back in the day??

are tall bars just for taller people? or skill sets?

|

8/4/2017 6:27 AM

Mustache bars were pretty tiny. Probably less than 8. Taller bars make everything a little easier, but you sacrifice a bit of stability too. It's easier to pull up for hops, but harder to hop high.
It's really personal preference though. I'm 6' and ride 9"bars with a front load and 10mm stack. I've tried higher and hated it, prefer lower but the height is kinder on my old back. So I think I've found a good balance (still tempted to go a little lower though)

|

8/6/2017 8:43 PM

grumpySteve wrote:

Mustache bars were pretty tiny. Probably less than 8. Taller bars make everything a little easier, but you sacrifice a bit of ...more

thanks grumpySteve, i went with odyssey seepstakes 9" rise, i just bought the 2018 sunday ex complete and don't care for the look of the 4 piece bars.

|