Bars, stems, and spacers chart? (total rise)

Related:
Create New Tag

8/9/2014 8:12 PM

Hey guys I don't know if this exists and if it doesn't I wanna try and make one. But basically what I think would be cool is too make a chart that will tell you what your "real" handle bar rise is by taking using this equation:

Amount of spacers + Stem Rise + Bar Rise = Real/Total Bar Rise

I think it would be cool and.convienient to have so that way if you prefer a front load but really like how tall your friends top load feels, you could look at the chart and see what you would need to get the same total rise.

My questions are:
Does something like this exist?
And is this just a stupid idea?

If it is a stupid idea just tell me, it just kinda came to me to I thought id get some input

|

8/9/2014 8:15 PM

I measured from the bottom of my tire tovthe top of my bars. Or on the same level, not following the angle if I'm feeling like being super anal and specific. Though the difference is prolly minute.

|

8/9/2014 8:16 PM

I think it's a good idea. I'm considering getting 9" bars in the future because i have 8.5 and run my fl stem upside down.

|

I love my bike but i hate myself
bike check

IG
@curtis_cantbmxwell
@powersbikeshop

8/9/2014 8:30 PM

add spacers plus rise plus bar height
really not that complicated

|

refs: hookjrclc, hardbmxtim, hatchmoses for sale and trade, kymike for sale and trade, blizzbikes for trade, and some other dude i cant remember his username, vrsapat956, colonydirt94, mario.villegas90, wolfen
Camera Setup: Panasonic HMC150, Panasonic GH2, Canon FTBn, Yashica Lynx 5000e, Canon 28mm f/2.8, Canon 50mm f1.4, Rokinon 7.5mm f/3.5

8/9/2014 9:00 PM

bmxsteve99 wrote:

add spacers plus rise plus bar height
really not that complicated

This. If you want exact then measure spacers in mm, then add to stem rise, then convert to inches and add to bar rise.

|

I'm on the vital legit list!

8/9/2014 9:14 PM

If you can't do this calculation yourself, please go back to 2nd grade.

|

8/10/2014 7:55 PM

T squares help....

|

"The D.O.P.S. System"
DK, Odyssey, Profile, Shadow.
check out my bike check
@ethanbrackett
@powersbikeshop