_Barspin Help_

Related:
Create New Tag

4/10/2016 5:57 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/11/2016 3:21 AM

I just learned barspins flyout, was doing them clean one after another and then on the last one im not exactly sure what happened coz it happened so quick but long story short my back foot got wedged under the frame by the cranks and hyper-extended my ankle so bad that my mum screamed at the massive tennis ball size lump on my foot when i got home and probably have to take a week off work..

Have you wedged your foot under the frame before?
How do you stop it from happening again? (pinching cranks?)

|

You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start, to be great...

4/11/2016 7:03 PM

alot of views and not one of you can barspin?

|

4/11/2016 7:20 PM

A lot of views because that is one long sentence...

As for the barspin, well, I'm learnin', never landin' one tho. I feel I could land one only if I would have an overload of testosterone.

Nothing much to say neither except:

"Get well fast, man."

So yeah,

get well fast man.

|

It doesn't matter where a train goes. It's decidin' to get on that does.

4/11/2016 8:10 PM

Better your foot than balls

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

4/11/2016 10:37 PM

I haven't done bars for a good few years, but yeah, pinch your cranks. Awkward slams will always happen even if you've got a trick dialled, so I don't know how you messed your ankle up like that. It's just one of those things

|

4/11/2016 11:02 PM

SteezOnLock wrote:

alot of views and not one of you can barspin?

You didn't ask if anyone could barspin, you asked if anyones wedged their foot under a frame....so guess you're the only one. As for how to stop it, do the trick over and over, keep practicing until you have your techniques solid.

|

REFS-

Vital- KyMike, FEDEXdoobie, adrenalinebmx ,MaximusBikes
Bmx-forum-Tumitama, archerbiker9(2x), mrsanchezz, nguyenna, JoeyBones, fast-and-loose and many others
Also multiple sales on global-flat.com and PinkBike. Theres to many to list all. Most sales are done through texting I havent been able to keep track of who is who.

4/12/2016 1:02 AM

Skylight wrote:

A lot of views because that is one long sentence...

As for the barspin, well, I'm learnin', never landin' one tho. I feel I ...more

haha thx

|

4/12/2016 8:35 AM

By the way, how do you overcome the scare of hopping in the air and throwing those bars?

I can throw em with my feet on the ground, I can throw em while at the side of my bike (and jumping at the same time-and yes, you just read that incredibly lame thing about me-).

But I can't overcome that moment when you know you can slip, knock your fingers to hell, fall back on your coccyx and break another wrist...

What helps with throwing the bars? I ride a bit chicago, would it be a nuisance? would my 30 inches knock into my knees? Damn sorry for the questions, mate.

|

It doesn't matter where a train goes. It's decidin' to get on that does.

4/12/2016 10:39 AM

Skylight wrote:

By the way, how do you overcome the scare of hopping in the air and throwing those bars?

I can throw em with my feet on the ...more

Do the indoor bike trick and learn how to throw your bars like that. After you get confident doing that try throwing on grass because when you fall you fall into grass. Pick up bars are what really helped me get passed the hopping and throwing so try those out. I also am confident because I know my bars wont hit my knees when I throw them (27.5' lol). When my bars were 30' I hit my knees all the time

|

4/12/2016 11:32 AM

And I've been doing barspins for 15 years, and never had that happen.
|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/12/2016 7:24 PM

Classic ^^^

|

F¬ Bom 5403692331

4/13/2016 12:05 AM

hahahaha grandma know's what up

|

4/13/2016 12:25 AM

Skylight wrote:

I can throw em with my feet on the ...more

i dont know if you have one around you but i learned mine in a foam pit then took it to the resi......threw them perfect a number of times then fucked up bad. But i practiced in the pit for a few hours getting everything right before i risked my life haha. Iv always been absolutely terrified to let go of the bars just like you, iv been scared of not catching and breaking my ribs on the bars when i land or something..... I rolled over the resi like 20 times before i got the balls to just throw them and once i did i figured its just like every other trick, you just gota do it to realize its not that bad....Everyone says just throw them and stop being a bitch, but that is probably the best advice, just throw it and see (after you have thrown them a million times on the ground and manual barspins etc). its actually pretty easy to bail out of. One foot will automatically come off if you feel wrong. I found it to be kinda like manuals where if you lean back to much you just jump off the back so dont worry to much about ''poop shootin'' it

I did the indoor bike thing a long time ago but that didnt help me.

my bars are 29's and i got plenty of room ( though its a 21.5'' frame) Just throw em' you will never know till you try

|