Barspin Help please (video)

Related:
Create New Tag

8/11/2013 10:21 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/11/2013 10:51 PM

IDk what im doing wrong, I keep catching on and off and I land sometimes after 30 tries,
[embed]

IMG 4406 from Jay Flores on Vimeo.

[embed]
|

8/11/2013 10:27 PM

Video isnt working man:/ but i think i get what the problem is. I have recently become a barspin master! I LOVE THEM! haha they feel so sick! But you have to hop, dont bend your knees and pinch the seat. When throwing the bars, take the hand that is not throwing and place it about over the toptube! and you will catch the bars when they have come to there. Barspins have to be quick and it always helps to hop higher, but isnt necessary if you can throw them quick enough. Commitment has a lot to do with it! If you have any questions, ask me! Im almost doing hop trucks for a reference!

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

8/11/2013 10:28 PM

Ahh wait nvm, it works now. Just throw quicker, land rear tire first and catch quickly!

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

8/11/2013 10:50 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Ahh wait nvm, it works now. Just throw quicker, land rear tire first and catch quickly!

So just flick em harder lol??

|

8/11/2013 11:59 PM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Mfwic_ wrote:

So just flick em harder lol??

Yes mostly haha you ever see Stevie Churchill do one? They are real fast and he pinches the seat a lot! It helps. Also, if your feet are blowing off when you land, you gotta pinch harder! It tooootally saves your butt! haha literally! Also, you cant hesitate with barspins at all, it is full fling each time, no matter what! Hop higher, no bent knees, pinch hard, throw fast and move your hand so that it catches at the correct point! stay over the bars of course and try to land rear tire first because in case you dont catch before you land you dont just get flung OTB! Like you know if your bars dont spin the full 360 itll get messed up. I like to try and have em nice and caught before i land. After you get nice barspins you can try to style them a little! Like kinda have em looking steezy or something! lol

|

8/12/2013 12:11 AM

Max explained it pretty well.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

8/12/2013 1:26 AM

MaximusBikes wrote:

Video isnt working man:/ but i think i get what the problem is. I have recently become a barspin master! I LOVE THEM! haha they feel so sick! But you have to hop, dont bend your knees and pinch the seat. When throwing the bars, take the hand that is not throwing and place it about over the toptube! and you will catch the bars when they have come to there. Barspins have to be quick and it always helps to hop higher, but isnt necessary if you can throw them quick enough. Commitment has a lot to do with it! If you have any questions, ask me! Im almost doing hop trucks for a reference!

Video of said barspin/almost doing hop trucks.

|