Barspin Help -- seatpost?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/21/2013 12:56 PM

I am struggling with barspins a bit and I think it may be because my seat post is so low and I have no stability. Should I buy a long seat post so I can "hold" the seat with my legs when doing a hop bar and not have the bike out of control?
thanks

|

you cannot beat riding street on a nice day with your crew

6/21/2013 2:51 PM

learn flyout bars first, pinching your seat doesnt help much i learned with a slammed seat and when i moved it up it didnt make a difference

|

6/21/2013 2:52 PM

You can learn them with a low seat, it might help you but it might not

|

6/21/2013 2:59 PM

A good fist of seat post helps with a lot of tricks actually (CBA to list them all right now) If you have a 135mm post there should be a little dotted line on it that's your minimum insert line. Put the post in to the frame at that length & see if it helps. If you have a super stump post then i would recommend getting a Fit 200mm or Eclat 230mm post (The Eclat looks beautiful too) And then adjust it accordingly.

|

6/21/2013 3:08 PM

You can learn em with ya seat slammed mate, to keep ya bike stable try pinching ya cranks wit ya feet and keep ya knees closed together also the if your throwing towards ya follow foot that can destabilise you a bit.

Hop high
pinch cranks
Level out
Throw bars
Catch bars
Done

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

6/21/2013 4:32 PM

Some people swear by high seats for bars other people use the crank pinch method and some others just throw them with no pinching at all.

A tall seat won't make you land them magically but could help you

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

6/21/2013 4:52 PM

Topsey wrote:

A good fist of seat post helps with a lot of tricks actually (CBA to list them all right now) If you have a 135mm post there should be a little dotted line on it that's your minimum insert line. Put the post in to the frame at that length & see if it helps. If you have a super stump post then i would recommend getting a Fit 200mm or Eclat 230mm post (The Eclat looks beautiful too) And then adjust it accordingly.

I had a super stump and got a 200mm Poverty post, running it like twice the height of the super stump, haha. Feels great.

|

YOU AVIN A LAUGH M8?
┬┴┬┴┤ ( ͡° ͜ʖ├┬┴┬┴
The Trailest Bike On Vital

6/22/2013 5:15 PM

Soulrebelrastaman wrote:

You can learn em with ya seat slammed mate, to keep ya bike stable try pinching ya cranks wit ya feet and keep ya knees closed together also the if your throwing towards ya follow foot that can destabilise you a bit.

Hop high
pinch cranks
Level out
Throw bars
Catch bars
Done

Can you explain the pinching your cranks. Pic?

Thanks

|

you cannot beat riding street on a nice day with your crew

6/22/2013 5:54 PM

On your back foot hook your toes under the crank arm. With the front foot just slide your heel real close up against the arm

|

I'm a punk bmxer, I can't do it well so I do it loud.

6/23/2013 1:25 AM

I pinch the seat, it doesnt have to necessarily be very high tho, i run 3 fingers of post with an 8.5 standover, so its not bad. I think pinching the seat DEFINITELY helps, actually, i cant land comfortably without doing that! My friend was always "oh i dont need to pinch the seat, Garrett Reynolds doesnt!" and i was like man... you arent him tho. haha And as soon as he pinched the seat he got it. So, pull that thing up so you can easily pinch it and get shredding man!

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

6/23/2013 5:26 AM

Gump wrote:

On your back foot hook your toes under the crank arm. With the front foot just slide your heel real close up against the arm

This.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12