Barspin help??

Related:
Create New Tag

6/22/2013 12:02 AM

Have wanted to learn bars for a while now and just looking for a bit of advice really?

I can spin my bars when I'm stood on one peddle and the opposite rear axle but I'm struggling getting my throwing hand back on, any advice on this?

I also want to take them to a 4ft quarter? Would this be high enough? I can get a good 4ft of air off it.. Also, any advice on not pussying out when doing them out of a quarter?

|

6/22/2013 3:50 AM

Learn em flyout before the quarter, then when you got ya muscle memory sorted you can throw em anywhere.

|

Freestyle is the answer to everything --
a fresh way to approach a dull or a
dangerous thing.
to do a dull thing with style
is preferable to doing a dangerous thing
without it.

Os 94
Ms 01
Ns 12

6/22/2013 3:56 AM

Ok that should be easier.. Will give em a try soon, thanks!

|

6/22/2013 10:05 AM

Something that most people don't relize: do a 180 off what ever jump you're learning on and pay attention to you're body position, then get used to hitting the jump straight and locking your body in that position again. Then just throw the bars

|

6/22/2013 10:17 AM

personally i learned them by doing manny bars, then hop half bars, and then I took them to flyout

|

6/22/2013 10:19 AM

barspins are a tricky tho, its going to take a while to learn them

|

6/23/2013 7:46 AM

I learned them completely flat first. no manual or anything just ride at a good slow speed and let go with your non throwing hand then throw with your throwing hand. then catch with the hand you took off first and let your other hand catch the bars. it just helped me get the motion down and its more like bars than manny bars because you are level when you throw. i just learned them flat first. first i got half bars and then i just threw twice as hard one day and got a full bar. And i did the same thing as i said before after i leveled out in the air. then about 2 weeks later i hit up a decent 5 foot dirt flyout and started t hrowing them. out of that.

|