Barspin help

Related:
Create New Tag

11/17/2013 10:11 AM

Does it matter that i throw with my right hand and im left foot foward? I feel like the bar always clips my knee when i try to throw it.

I also heard you're supposed to throw the bars with the hand that's the same as which foot is foward.

Any tips on learning them opposite, or should i learn the way which is slightly less comfotable?

|

Im 15 years old, I suck at BMX, I live in Texas.

That's all.

11/17/2013 10:25 AM

Learn them the way you prefer.

|

11/17/2013 10:26 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

Will my knees get in the way? Do you know anyone who does em like this?

|

Im 15 years old, I suck at BMX, I live in Texas.

That's all.

11/17/2013 10:29 AM

BMX_Forever wrote:

bgs1237 wrote:

I know at least two people that do, they say they have only had problems with it when it comes to adding them to spins.

|

11/17/2013 10:42 AM

Pinch your fuckin seat, throw your fuckin bars as hard as you can, catch those sons of bitches, and land a fuckin barspin puss!

Easiest trick out there.

|

509-301-202one. April 14 Bike check

Refs-ninjacat33 x2, Warchol2, A08 x2, fsearles, bmxscout48, blackmammoth, ilovemybike22, ecuadevil, bmx, J.r._Faw, Pavimo, kymike, ScramHype, xlilkillaluc15x, bmxnick2511, semobmx, robinson79 x2

eBay - 120+ transactions, 100% feedback

11/17/2013 12:16 PM

I do them the same way and dont really hit my knee.

|

11/17/2013 12:46 PM

I learned this way too.

Run em til you get comfy, then start learning them left handed too. Then you win because you can throw them both ways.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/17/2013 2:47 PM

Do some crack, always seems to help me. Just hop, pinch the seat, make sure you are level, throw them and land rear tire first.

|

References: OneGuyIlluminatiEye, robinson79, Brian Griffin, The Horror Contact, StoreBoughtChild, C_Johnsonbmx, dkTechEthan, etc.

11/17/2013 4:28 PM

Broughton wrote:

Pinch your fuckin seat, throw your fuckin bars as hard as you can, catch those sons of bitches, and land a fuckin barspin puss!

Easiest trick out there.

You posted a video and made a separate thread just to let everyone know. So you shouldn't be talking

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

11/17/2013 6:53 PM

If regular people throw regular bars and have dialed switch bars, there really shouldn't be that big of a problem.

|

Latest Bike Check/Update

Bought from: adam1234, tomdon (2), oscarbmx, the balt, smokesmokesmoke

11/17/2013 10:48 PM

Broughton wrote:

Easiest trick out there.

Brayden_Buckingham wrote:

You posted a video and made a separate thread just to let everyone know. So you shouldn't be talking

Fuck yeah I fuckin did!

|

509-301-202one. April 14 Bike check

Refs-ninjacat33 x2, Warchol2, A08 x2, fsearles, bmxscout48, blackmammoth, ilovemybike22, ecuadevil, bmx, J.r._Faw, Pavimo, kymike, ScramHype, xlilkillaluc15x, bmxnick2511, semobmx, robinson79 x2

eBay - 120+ transactions, 100% feedback

11/17/2013 11:00 PM

bgs1237 wrote:

I know a good amount of people who do them the way you do and the only issue they have is not being able to 180 bar, or have trouble with them because the way the bars even out with your spin, if that makes sense. That and my one friend has a problem where his bike always falls down on the right side because he's left foot forward and the weight of the front end spinning to the right without his left foot forward puts too much weight on that side I guess? I have the same problem learning switch barspins currently.

Just do what feels most comfortable

|

11/18/2013 6:03 AM

i never understood barspins until the moment I landed my first one because people kept giving me weird ass advice. personally when I bar I don't pinch anything (although it kinda makes my flyout bars look squirrelly). all you really gotta do it commit and focus on your bars. don't over think it but don't just chuck it. keep your legs straight and just throw and catch, don't throw and bail. knee pads and shin guards give me a lot of confidence with bars.

|

11/18/2013 10:47 AM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

I know a good amount of people who do them the way you do and the only issue they have is not being able to 180 bar, or have trouble with them because the way the bars even out with your spin, if that makes sense. That and my one friend has a problem where his bike always falls down on the right side because he's left foot forward and the weight of the front end spinning to the right without his left foot forward puts too much weight on that side I guess? I have the same problem learning switch barspins currently.

Just do what feels most comfortable

Raise the seat until you get comfy enough to not pinch it, makes them WAY easier.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

11/19/2013 8:23 PM

keep your legs straight i do them the same way as u do them left forward throwem with my right hand

|