Barspins

Related:
Create New Tag

10/16/2010 2:29 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/15/2016 4:37 AM

I have been trying barspins for about a week now, and here is the video's i got today.
Also, i finally found out how to use the trim feature on Windows Live Movie Maker, so no more of that 20 second wait for the trick, lmao. But anyway do any of you have any tips, or suggestions?
And also, let me know how you think i am doing. And i don't want to do manual bars, i want to go straight to hop bars, or hop half bars, but i think i've got a pretty good start on them, but let me know Vital.
Here's the video:

|

Refs: ~Stolen Boy~, Brokenbmx(x2), Warchol2, nitrojimbo, Cjmdawg, _brendan, handlebar-to-face

10/16/2010 2:31 PM

hop higher. clinch your knees. dont back out like you are

|

" Fuck beauty contests. Life is one fucking beauty contest after another. School, then college, then work... Fuck that. And fuck the Air Force Academy. If I want to fly, I'll find a way to fly. You do what you love, and fuck the rest."

10/16/2010 2:32 PM

throw them to the right

|

10/16/2010 2:36 PM

keironw74 wrote:

throw them to the right

Throwing them to the left feels "right" to me, like grinding on the left, so i don't see what way i throw them matters?

|

Refs: ~Stolen Boy~, Brokenbmx(x2), Warchol2, nitrojimbo, Cjmdawg, _brendan, handlebar-to-face

10/16/2010 2:38 PM

crow on a wire wrote:

I can't seem to stay on the pedals, and clinching my knees, my seat is slammed and i can't really grip anything, so would that help? And when i hop higher i always seem to hit my knees or shins, i don't know why, but that's how it is.

|

keironw74 wrote:

throw them to the right

\BMX-1995/ wrote:

Throwing them to the left feels "right" to me, like grinding on the left, so i don't see what way i throw them matters?

because throwing them opposite to your forward foot will make the bike tilt in the air

|

crow on a wire wrote:

This.

Or try to just spin them half way and than once you get that down, throw them all the way around.

|

Live Love RIDE

BMX isn't just a hobby it's a LIFESTYLE

Ride OR Die

10/16/2010 2:40 PM

your a douche thats why you don't land them bars are full commitment if you wannabe cool with bars don't be a douche !, I can do manual bars but it takes me 10+try's because I'm a douche , but I've always land them when I'd trow them so just do it and do be a bitch

|

10/16/2010 2:41 PM

crow on a wire wrote:

\BMX-1995/ wrote:

I can't seem to stay on the pedals, and clinching my knees, my seat is slammed and i can't really grip anything, so would that help? And when i hop higher i always seem to hit my knees or shins, i don't know why, but that's how it is.

it helps for that reason. even when you have no seat to pinch it brings your knees out of the way of the bar rotation. that should answer both questions. the reason you slip off is because you are leaning to far back trying to stay out of the way, or because you are being a pussy

|

" Fuck beauty contests. Life is one fucking beauty contest after another. School, then college, then work... Fuck that. And fuck the Air Force Academy. If I want to fly, I'll find a way to fly. You do what you love, and fuck the rest."

10/16/2010 2:47 PM

crow on a wire wrote:

it helps for that reason. even when you have no seat to pinch it brings your knees out of the way of the bar rotation. that should answer both questions. the reason you slip off is because you are leaning to far back trying to stay out of the way, or because you are being a pussy

Would you hit yourself in the knees with your bars on purpose? I didn't think so, so i am not being a pussy. But i will try to pinch thing and see if that helps.

-Thanks

|

10/16/2010 3:44 PM

sam6415 wrote:

your a douche thats why you don't land them bars are full commitment if you wannabe cool with bars don't be a douche !, I can do manual bars but it takes me 10+try's because I'm a douche , but I've always land them when I'd trow them so just do it and do be a bitch

I can't really understand you, because of your grammar, but i'm not doing manual bars like you, so your a bigger douche than me!
wink

|

10/16/2010 5:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/15/2016 4:37 AM

Also, i know what i am getting frame wise, i have to save up, but still this is what i am getting:
A Sunday Third Wave Blem Model in 21" Toptube for $225.00
Sunday 3rd Wave (Blem Model)
And here is a picture i got today, i think it looks pretty cool:
[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

10/16/2010 5:24 PM

gettin there man! your feebles are looking better. i have hop half bars ;p

|

REFS: Spikez5, Wolfen, ryanxanimalbmx, BangDaStreets, coryridesbmx, Tory Tapia(Michael916), hxcpride4, Mduda005, bstick(x2), ChristianJames, ilovemybike22, element4all, ultrablade, Brenden1207, ScramHype(x2)
Bmx-forum: xmashuelx, jwnolte,

10/16/2010 5:25 PM

bmxer10 wrote:

I just wanna try full bars, because i can throw fast enough tongue

|

10/16/2010 5:49 PM

bmxer10 wrote:

\BMX-1995/ wrote:

thats my prblem, i cant throw them fast enough

|

REFS: Spikez5, Wolfen, ryanxanimalbmx, BangDaStreets, coryridesbmx, Tory Tapia(Michael916), hxcpride4, Mduda005, bstick(x2), ChristianJames, ilovemybike22, element4all, ultrablade, Brenden1207, ScramHype(x2)

10/16/2010 5:51 PM

bmxer10 wrote:

\BMX-1995/ wrote:

bmxer10 wrote:

I watched Props issue 75
(Garrett Reynolds bio)
And ever since i've wanted to learn bars. I just need to clinch my knees when i hop.

|

10/16/2010 5:52 PM

\BMX-1995/ wrote:

bmxer10 wrote:

\BMX-1995/ wrote:

I watched Props issue 75
(Garrett Reynolds bio)
And ever since i've wanted to learn bars. I just need to clinch my knees when i hop.

ya just stay on your pedals and catch em! i can stay on my pedals fine i just cant throw them completely.

|

10/16/2010 5:54 PM

bmxer10 wrote:

\BMX-1995/ wrote:

I watched Props issue 75
(Garrett Reynolds bio)

bmxer10 wrote:

ya just stay on your pedals and catch em! i can stay on my pedals fine i just cant throw them completely.

Once i learn to stay on my pedals they should be like butter. Or whatever you compare clear barspins to wink
Do you like that picture i posted like 5 replies back?

|

10/16/2010 6:06 PM

You're doing good man.

I tried a barrie the other day and threw my bike 10 ft in front of me blush

|

10/17/2010 8:22 AM

bmx_is_rad wrote:

You're doing good man.

I tried a barrie the other day and threw my bike 10 ft in front of me blush

lmao, i almost smacked my face on the crossbar section of my bars like 34789537 times.

|

10/17/2010 10:37 AM

do manual bars first, trust me

|

refs- Tommyboy,mandingo215, lobo173, prophet,iridebmxeveryday,ctbmx86,1of1547,Warchol2,white knight,branBMX94,JakeSalbert

Subscribe to me on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/user/senika5634?feature=mhee

10/17/2010 10:38 AM

carjakester wrote:

this

|

Live Love RIDE

BMX isn't just a hobby it's a LIFESTYLE

Ride OR Die

10/17/2010 11:21 AM

carjakester wrote:

Why though? That's like learning a 360 tire tap instead of a regular 360.

|

10/17/2010 11:37 AM

Cause its easier and lets you get the feel for it.
im learning bars atm and i cant get em around at all,
but my first try i did a halfbar.

|

10/17/2010 11:39 AM

Shakesman69 wrote:

Cause its easier and lets you get the feel for it.
im learning bars atm and i cant get em around at all,
but my first try i did a halfbar.

I know the feel of them, i'd just rather skip manny bars, and i can get them all the way around like 4 out of 5 times.

|

10/17/2010 11:41 AM

carjakester wrote:

FitBikesCo wrote:

this

!!!!!

|

REFS LIST IN PROFILE

Ressler711 is the definition of "chill rider."
I'm fundyssey23 and I approve this message.

"In the streets."

10/17/2010 11:42 AM

carjakester wrote:

FitBikesCo wrote:

this

fundyssey23 wrote:

!!!!!

I don't see why you all are saying this! sad

|

10/17/2010 11:45 AM

\BMX-1995/ wrote:

bmxer10 wrote:

\BMX-1995/ wrote:

I watched Props issue 75
(Garrett Reynolds bio)

LOCK YOUR LEGS AND KNEES!!!!!!

ITS SOOO IMPORTANT TO THE BARSPIN
WATCH REYNOLDS HE DOES IT ALL THE TIME LOCKING THE KNEES KEEPS YOUR LEGS COMPLETELY STRAIGHT AND OUT OF THE WAY

|

Check Profile for 24 Refs!

Chicago BMX Video!!

10/17/2010 11:47 AM

so you learn how to throw and catch them with manual bars and then when your ready for hops its easier. also for me it was easier to start out with what we call "deer hops" when you hop both wheels at the same time and do a barspin then move onto a normal bunny bar

|

flowin' like a period.

10/17/2010 11:52 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/17/2010 11:53 AM

you gotta make sure you are fully committed you cant hop off the bike even if your gonna hit yourself you'll learn where your messing up. if you need to move your seat up then move it, it doesn't matter if it looks cool slammed what matters is that you need to pinch it. after you get the feeling of pinching try to make sure your bike is under you, also make sure your legs are straight or at least out of the way. you gotta try to get this figure and go from there
look at this pic http://yfrog.com/64ryanbarsj

|

Refs: Wolfen, 0tk, bdk1313, dudeisdrumer109