Barspins

Related:
Create New Tag

2/8/2012 1:09 PM

Okay so I had barspins so clean (off stairs, flat) and so consistent but now they're slacking SOO much. I can barely do them as much as I used to.

I think it's when you're off the bike for a while and you can't get the motion again.
IDK but please has anyone ever had this problem ever and getting back to it doing them very often?

Someone please enlightened me...

|

2/8/2012 1:16 PM

Just do more of them.

|

trails are not skateparks, they exist solely from the work and dedication of local riders. so next time you start complaining about not having local trails to ride, you only need look at yourself.
Bike check?

2/8/2012 1:16 PM

I'm about to get back on a bike after a year off. I'll let you know if I have the same problem, haha.

|

My BTM. // Facebook // Twitter // Google+ // Refs: guitar_frk, ridelittlebikes43, streetrat420, jb07, werkheiserBMX, SuperstarDK, trentydoo, BEASTASSDICK, pcoco, Showtime402, SnM An1mal.

2/8/2012 1:30 PM

its muscle memory and all mental

if you believe you can do a barspin and you throw the bars your muscle memory will catch them

how do you get muscle memory? have faith and believe you can barspin and do a bunch.

|

2/8/2012 1:49 PM

SEANimal757 wrote:

if you believe you can do a barspin and you throw the bars your muscle memory will catch them

how do you get muscle memory? have faith and believe you can barspin and do a bunch.

I did have tires that added a lot rotational weight. That's probably what slacked me a bit. Plus I have the memory of throwing 'em.

You think?

|

2/8/2012 1:54 PM

WildBycyclist666 wrote:

I did have tires that added a lot rotational weight. That's probably what slacked me a bit. Plus I have the memory of throwing 'em.

You think?

if someone strapped like 5 pounds on my bike i probably wouldn't even notice until i saw it visually so i think you just gotta start throwing them bars and they'll come back to you man the couple grams on the tires don't make that big of a difference

|

2/8/2012 1:55 PM

SEANimal757 wrote:

WildBycyclist666 wrote:

You think?

I think that you are afraid of them and are looking for an excuse but i could be wrong

how i see situations like this, i tell myself that i have done the trick before, i have landed it clean before, ive done it first try before.
what the fuck happened where did it go?

there is no way to loose a trick, your subconscious knows exactly what to do, you need to learn to let go and readjust and dig down deep to land the trick.

riding is all mental if you arent committed to the trick 100% you wont land it, you are probably too worried about not landing it that you wont land it.

if you just go for them and throw them like you have done them all your life you should be fine

or just shake the cobwebs off, its not hard you are just making it harder

|

2/8/2012 2:02 PM

I see what you mean. I just hate every time I'm about to do them off a curb I just don't throw 'em or I end up eating shit.

I already put my old tire set-up back on so I can pick up the pace already. I can't do them with the other tires. I hope I don't sound like an idiot but to me it felt more comfortable that way.

|

2/8/2012 2:05 PM

WildBycyclist666 wrote:

I see what you mean. I just hate every time I'm about to do them off a curb I just don't throw 'em or I end up eating shit.

I already put my old tire set-up back on so I can pick up the pace already. I can't do them with the other tires. I hope I don't sound like an idiot but to me it felt more comfortable that way.

you do sound like an idiot no offense haha but look at it this way

oh i can curl 15 pounds easy, why cant i curl 20 pounds?

oh i can barspin with light tires, why cant i barspin with a slightly heavier tire?

dont ask why, ask why not!

|

2/8/2012 2:07 PM

Shit :/

It's all mental I guess...

|

2/8/2012 2:10 PM

WildBycyclist666 wrote:

Shit :/

It's all mental I guess...

anyone who has been riding for a number of years can tell you that biking is ALL MENTAL

welcome to the riding world, if you can believe it can happen; it can happen

|

2/8/2012 2:13 PM

SEANimal757 wrote:

anyone who has been riding for a number of years can tell you that biking is ALL MENTAL

welcome to the riding world, if you can believe it can happen; it can happen

I will look up to this.

Thanks for your advice Sean!

|

2/8/2012 2:22 PM

This song should help with getting them dialed again

|

2/8/2012 3:09 PM

that^^^^ is a false statement.

|

✞ ♕ ⓄⒻⓌⒼⓀⓉⒶ ♕ ✞
email: nctesio@gmail.com
EPIC bikecheck!
FOLLOW ME @nathanxflex
Imagine there's no heaven, It's easy if you try. No hell below us, Above us only sky - John Lennon
&party and bullshit
&party and bullshit
&party and bullshit

2/8/2012 3:11 PM

cardambass wrote:

I agree. that shit is crap.

|

2/8/2012 3:12 PM

cardambass wrote:

this. if anything, instead of learning barspins, i would go ape shit and kill a baby cause thats blaring in my ears...

|

(bigddy56@gmail.com if you need anything)
REFS obiwan chromoly*_brendan*VAM999*Joe Green*louie101202*Night Light*ticaleb*phocraken*RiverSideRider*A08*andynahnah*Chuck8273*

2/8/2012 3:33 PM

Don't worry guys my bars are coming back thanks to SEANimal haha

Thanks for the advice and I will pass on that song...

|

2/8/2012 8:23 PM

im the same way now maan. ive been off my bike for months now, really just on and of alittle. itll take alittle time, but youll get em back. once you spend a day working on em youll have them back just like you used to.

|

http://grouphomebikes.com/

5050 Skatepark

text me for faster response 646 two four nine 2552

2/8/2012 9:39 PM

i have to like relearn hop bars every week, im such a bitch about them i hate it

|

✞ ♕ ⓄⒻⓌⒼⓀⓉⒶ ♕ ✞
email: nctesio@gmail.com
EPIC bikecheck!
FOLLOW ME @nathanxflex
Imagine there's no heaven, It's easy if you try. No hell below us, Above us only sky - John Lennon
&party and bullshit
&party and bullshit
&party and bullshit

2/8/2012 10:22 PM

cardambass wrote:

i have to like relearn hop bars every week, im such a bitch about them i hate it

Yeah dude. You have to do that trick consistent in order to get 'em dialed. I've been doing them clean for so long now they're just shit...

|