Barspins

Related:
Create New Tag

11/21/2016 1:18 AM

Hey guys I've heard that learning hop bars is easier if you learn pick up bars first and I've started to get the rotation every time but when I look at videos of me doing it I do a x-up then let go of the bar. Any idea how I can fix this as I don't want it to become muscle memory. Thanks

|

11/21/2016 2:25 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/21/2016 2:34 AM

I don't know how to hop bar (yet) but the best way to learn the barspin motion is to put your feet on your back pegs and practice.

I can do them regular, switch, and you can have fun by doing crazy combos like bar to bar to bar back, doing them fakies, in and out or in the middle of peg manuals...

Of course this method makes your hand motion perfect but doesn't help for synchronisation with legs like how to pinch and the timing to throw the bar doing real bunny bars, but it seems you want to practice your hands motion to correct your x-up to bar positioning so it's perfect.

|

11/21/2016 7:01 AM

When you are riding at the park or in front of your house just throw the bars constantly with your feet on the ground. When I ride I throw the bars 100 s of times just when I am standing there waiting my turn. And I hate to say it but learning them on a scooter does help you iron out the throw and catch before sending in the bike.

|

11/21/2016 11:36 AM

Pick up bars are kinda lame imo. I can barely do them. But to hop bar just force yourself to learn them the right way. I can bus mine or throw and do them switch and shit. Stay over your stem and straighten your legs pinch cranks to keep stable unless you ride a high seat. Mines slammed. Good luck.

|

45 refs and counting check profile.

11/21/2016 12:05 PM

Francky wrote:

I don't know how to hop bar (yet) but the best way to learn the barspin motion is to put your feet on your back pegs and practice.

I can do them regular, switch, and you can have fun by doing crazy combos like bar to bar to bar back, doing them fakies, in and out or in the middle of peg manuals...

Of course this method makes your hand motion perfect but doesn't help for synchronisation with legs like how to pinch and the timing to throw the bar doing real bunny bars, but it seems you want to practice your hands motion to correct your x-up to bar positioning so it's perfect.

Yeah I'll give this a shot then hopefully it'll help. Thanks

|

11/27/2016 7:02 AM

Get a trampoline bike with pedals and crank. You'll learn them very quickly, it's almost like cheating.

|

11/27/2016 8:33 AM

Pick up bars helped me commit to them. So they helped me with throwing them and such

|

11/27/2016 11:17 AM

Just send it! Bunnyhop and throw them sum bitches!!

|