Barspins without Pull - ups

Related:
Create New Tag

4/13/2017 2:58 PM

Vital ,

I'm seeing if anyone has ever done the same , not trying to sound arrogant but just curious if people have done the same . Basically I was out with a friend yesterday for a chill session , and I ended up learning hop bars in like 10 minutes . I've always gotten the hop and the throw , but my front foot would always come off , I've been able to do that for years . Anyways I just had a feeling that I could keep my foot on that one session and anyways I learnt them fairly easy .

The thing is I've never done a pull up bar ? I legitimately can NOT do those manual - pull up bars . I can barspin flat ( I call them anti barspins ) and can do them 3-4 times at once , but I've never actually just pulled up and threw the bars . It felt pretty cool just being able to hop and toss them . Has anyone else done the same ? I can't barspin flyout , or anything . I just got them flat . Not trying to be cocky but once you keep your foot on , it's fairly easy it seems .

It's a super bad picture but here's one of the first ones I've gotten , it's from the clip and I just took that image .
Photo

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

4/13/2017 3:16 PM

Good deal.

I too learned hop bars pretty fast, BUT I had them dialed flyout both ways.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/13/2017 5:10 PM

The 1980's called. They want their trick back.

How do you think the tricks you kids do today were invented?

|

4/13/2017 6:46 PM

pnj wrote:

The 1980's called. They want their trick back.

How do you think the tricks you kids do today were invented?

Hahaha!

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

4/13/2017 6:50 PM

One of the best local riders, my buddy, can do crazy shit but can't pull-up bar. He can truckdriver (360 bar for you uneducated riders) 180 bar, and halfcab bar and lots of other stuff.

I learned pull-up bars first. It helped me learn the motion of catching and throwing. I can do pull-up bars (oppo and regular) consistently, and hop bars almost consistently.

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

4/13/2017 11:13 PM

I learnt pull up bars first, because back then everyone had their seats high so they could pinch it with their knees. I could manual pretty far and randomly throw the bars whenever, and do one handed manuals by pinching the seat. Then I learnt them over jumps, again by pinching the seat. Then I learnt hop bars, it took me ages because I'd always try to pinch the seat but you just don't get enough time. I ended up learning them when I stopped trying to pinch the seat.
I haven't done a single barspin trick for about 10 years now though. I kind of re learnt hop bars fakie on a flat bank, but I didn't care enough about it to get it dialled.

True story.

|

4/14/2017 11:57 AM

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

One of the best local riders, my buddy, can do crazy shit but can't pull-up bar. He can truckdriver (360 bar for you uneducated riders) 180 bar, and halfcab bar and lots of other stuff.

I learned pull-up bars first. It helped me learn the motion of catching and throwing. I can do pull-up bars (oppo and regular) consistently, and hop bars almost consistently.

If his seat is slammed, that might explain it. Lots of kids can do lots of things, but simple stuff escapes them due to their equipment.

I saw a video of a like 11 year old who hop whipped, but couldn't 180.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

4/14/2017 12:34 PM

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

If his seat is slammed, that might explain it. Lots of kids can do lots of things, but simple stuff escapes them due to their equipment.

I saw a video of a like 11 year old who hop whipped, but couldn't 180.

His seat is about 3-4 fingers high, and I can pull-up bar on his bike.

But yea, I do agree. The way your bike is set up can be very important for some tricks.

|

Ride hard or Ride home.
Pink N’ Pretty

Instagram
@tarsales

4/16/2017 3:23 AM

I'm running a small bit of post for the first time, I'll see what happens, haha.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride BMX.
Instagram: @scootereyn

4/21/2017 8:15 PM

DanTheBikerMan wrote:

It tends to help if you have them down pull up before you even try hops or airs. I learned them riding off a curb type thing about 2ft tall with an 8ft run up. As my front tire left the curb thing I leaned back a bit and threw them. Took a bit, but had them that way both ways in a day. Then when I tried them on a fly out it felt easy.

Remember you don't have to let go 100%, Harry Main mentioned in a video he tends to hand his bars to the other hand. He is doing it fast but if you watch, he tends to hand them around more than the times he throws them

|