Bearing Cups

Related:
Create New Tag

5/14/2013 7:52 PM

I currently have a 3 piece unsealed setup and was wondering if there would be a problem switching out the unsealed bearings with mid sealed bearings of the same mm, or would the mid bearings not sit right in the unsealed bearing cups? thanks

|

Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently

5/14/2013 8:36 PM

For this you will need to buy a new mid BB and take out the old bb and shell. also if you had a threaded spindle for your cranks you will need a new spindle as well at the same diameter as the bottom bracket that you choose.

Hope this helps you out man

|

The first breath is the beginning of death

5/14/2013 8:39 PM

Buy a new bb and cranks. empirebmx.com has what you need :-)

|

fack off

5/14/2013 8:40 PM

I knew about the spindle and everything, but so what your saying is i would need to pound out the old cups and put in ones for sealed bearings?
Thanks for the quick reply

|

5/14/2013 8:41 PM

I am planning on buying a new bb setup. However it doesnt include the cups

|

5/14/2013 8:48 PM

tammerlian wrote:

I am planning on buying a new bb setup. However it doesnt include the cups

for a mid BB the bearings act as the cup and are press fit. for the unsealed the cups just support the ball's
only american and euro BB include the cups but it seems that you are talking about the mid so that doesn't apply to you smile

hope this helps you as well and feel free to ask any other questions

|

5/14/2013 8:51 PM

tammerlian wrote:

I knew about the spindle and everything, but so what your saying is i would need to pound out the old cups and put in ones for sealed bearings?
Thanks for the quick reply

also for the pounding of the old cups don't get too carried away you may ovalize the shell and cause problems in the future so just go easy around the cup and when you are reinserting the new bearings there are some guides that you can use online if you aren't to confident but an easy way is the use of a mallet and a pice of 2x4

|

5/14/2013 8:54 PM

Okay. Thanks for all the help. And to set you at ease i have pounded out cups before i just wasnt sure about this ;D

|

5/14/2013 8:57 PM

Awesome may the best of luck be with you kind sir and i hope the post comes as quick as a young virgin man does wink

|