Bearings

Related:
Create New Tag

5/22/2016 2:44 PM

So I got new bearings in my hub but a washer ended up squishing them a bit , basically the hub shell was dented so the hubguard didn't sit right and and that's what damaged the bearings , so the new bearings for installed and I guess that's what made the dent go away , but the washer was still in and tightening me wheel think chewed up the seal . I didn't ride it , but the wheel would spin at all so I took the washer off so it's fine now .

Here's a picture , just wondering what you guys think , it's a new bearing. Do they wear in and spin longer eventually , I believe so right ? This spins for like 20 seconds then stops , I thought it'd be more
Photo

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short

5/22/2016 2:52 PM

they do wear in some, but your seal looks pretty damaged so there's a good chance it's causing significant drag. I would just take it off and if you have your old bearings still then carefully take one of the seals off them and put them in that bearing.

If you don't have your old ones, you could always just take the bearing out and flip it so the side without the seal is on the inside of the hub shell and won't get dirt and shit in it like the outside side will.

You could keep it like it is without the seal on though, but it'll collect dirt and shit like that much quicker and fail sooner than it normally would.

|

5/22/2016 5:27 PM

sundaybmxRR wrote:

they do wear in some, but your seal looks pretty damaged so there's a good chance it's causing significant drag. I would just ...more

Ya it got mangled from the washer that was installed , I took it out . I'm thinking just take it apart , use a thumbtack and take the shit out , and flip it . I didn't keep my old ones , my shop has them and I'm pretty sure they said they were trashed as a whole.

Any chance the actual bearings will fall out when I flip it ? I should just be able to pop them out by hand and install everything back . But knowing my luck I'll fuck it up haha .

I'll probably take it apart tomorrow or the following day and see in comparison how it spins . Think it'll make a noticeable difference ?

|

Instagram : braydenbuckingham
My Cult 2 Short