Bearings sticking out

Related:
Create New Tag

12/1/2019 10:19 AM

Will the bearings stick out when i install the crank ?? And if they do is that too much ?? Should i just get another frame ? or i can still run a crank there normally ?? Anyone with some answers please ? I'm kind of stressed out ngl LOL

|

12/1/2019 10:24 AM

There's no way to tell without having dimensions but as long as the bearings go in and seat against the bearing shoulder, 2 or 3mm of stickout is not an issue

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

12/1/2019 10:29 AM

It may be more susceptible to rust, but as long as it has a firm hold in the cups you’ll be alright.

|

Scooter kid trying to ride a bike. Instagram: @scootereyn // YouTube: RH MEDIA

12/1/2019 10:42 AM

it will be fine.

Start saving money for a new frame but this one will / should work just fine for you.

|

12/2/2019 4:53 AM

Clean it before you assemble it more though.

|

"Hey anybody ever make that mistake like right when you wake up in the morning and you believe in yourself?" -Kyle Kinane

"BIKES!" -Tom Segura

12/2/2019 6:42 AM

You're fine, just aesthetics; enough of the bearing should be supported for it not to be a safety concern.

|

12/2/2019 6:45 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/2/2019 6:47 AM

Ismail_Hammani wrote:

Will the bearings stick out when i install the crank ?? And if they do is that too much ?? Should i just get another frame ? or i can still run a crank there normally ?? Anyone with some answers please ? I'm kind of stressed out ngl LOL

Edit: I read the post wrong, my apologies. Lol

|

12/3/2019 12:46 AM

Ismail_Hammani wrote:

Bulletpup wrote:

Edit: I read the post wrong, my apologies. Lol

So it will be fine ??

|

12/3/2019 12:53 AM

p1p1092 wrote:

There's no way to tell without having dimensions but as long as the bearings go in and seat against the bearing shoulder, 2 or 3mm of stickout is not an issue

I measured the shorter part and its less or about 1mm off. I guess that about okay right ?

|

12/3/2019 12:58 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

Clean it before you assemble it more though.

Will do, i just hope it works tbh

|

12/3/2019 12:58 AM

readybmxer wrote:

It may be more susceptible to rust, but as long as it has a firm hold in the cups you’ll be alright.

I will paint the whole frame, but i just hope it works lol

|

12/3/2019 11:05 AM

why is it taking so long for you to put a bearing in the frame?

the only way to know for sure (even though we already pretty much do know) is to insert a bearing.

do.it.now....

|