Been a few months

Related:
Create New Tag

2/10/2019 4:46 AM

I haven’t been on the forum for a few months now but I’ve still been riding (a bit less though). I’ve had mock exams and then I’ve got my actual ones in May so it’s gonna be a little slow still but in the summer I have all the time in the world. On the bright side, I’ve managed to get 2 of my mates into bmx so now I’ve got 2 riding buddies. One managed to get a 2016 Mongoose legion L100 off eBay for 70 quid and the other has an old haro 300.1 I think but will probably upgrade soon. So yeah my motivation to ride has shot up again

|

An Indian on a small bike

2/10/2019 8:02 PM

Ved_goswami wrote:

I haven’t been on the forum for a few months now but I’ve still been riding (a bit less though). I’ve had mock exams and then I’ve got my actual ones in May so it’s gonna be a little slow still but in the summer I have all the time in the world. On the bright side, I’ve managed to get 2 of my mates into bmx so now I’ve got 2 riding buddies. One managed to get a 2016 Mongoose legion L100 off eBay for 70 quid and the other has an old haro 300.1 I think but will probably upgrade soon. So yeah my motivation to ride has shot up again

Nice man!

|

2/11/2019 5:43 AM

Good deal!

I have been back and forth on my plans with BMX. Part of me wants to take a long break, put miles on my road/CX bike and MTB with my oldest (he tried it once and LOVED IT), and part of me wants to change my bike setup (lose a brake or two, lose pegs and build a kicker/landing and start boosting in my yard).

I haven't touched my BMX since November aside from moving it around a bit. We have gotten 2+ feet of snow in the last 2 weeks, had one of the coldest blasts of my life (-35-40 F plus winds, so it felt like -60-75F) which meant no outside at all.

Not really sure what I want to do. I am going crazy in my house though.

|

I am sick and tired of the "cliques" that this sport has recently developed. We should embrace the fact that we all ride a little kids bike, and not worry about the small details. When you take riding in its most basic form, we are all the same.

2/11/2019 7:03 AM

I got back on my little bike for the first time properly since November and really enjoyed it.

The passion and love is definitely still their, but I am definitely just a fair weather rider, I just don't get any joy out of riding when it's freezing/damp/windy/icey, which on occasions it has been a combination of these things!

I reckon it's good to have a break now and then.

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

2/11/2019 7:12 AM

Ved_goswami wrote:

I haven’t been on the forum for a few months now but I’ve still been riding (a bit less though). I’ve had mock exams and then I’ve got my actual ones in May so it’s gonna be a little slow still but in the summer I have all the time in the world. On the bright side, I’ve managed to get 2 of my mates into bmx so now I’ve got 2 riding buddies. One managed to get a 2016 Mongoose legion L100 off eBay for 70 quid and the other has an old haro 300.1 I think but will probably upgrade soon. So yeah my motivation to ride has shot up again

Best. Post. Ever.

Getting your bros into it or back into it is the best feeling in BMX.

|

2/11/2019 8:51 AM

BillyBigRigger wrote:

Best. Post. Ever.

Getting your bros into it or back into it is the best feeling in BMX.

Little bit jealous actually; my crew has dwindled from 15 to 4 over the past few years; they're all just too busy adulting.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

2/11/2019 10:54 AM

Ved_goswami wrote:

I haven’t been on the forum for a few months now but I’ve still been riding (a bit less though). I’ve had mock exams and then I’ve got my actual ones in May so it’s gonna be a little slow still but in the summer I have all the time in the world. On the bright side, I’ve managed to get 2 of my mates into bmx so now I’ve got 2 riding buddies. One managed to get a 2016 Mongoose legion L100 off eBay for 70 quid and the other has an old haro 300.1 I think but will probably upgrade soon. So yeah my motivation to ride has shot up again

BillyBigRigger wrote:

Best. Post. Ever.

Getting your bros into it or back into it is the best feeling in BMX.

p1p1092 wrote:

Little bit jealous actually; my crew has dwindled from 15 to 4 over the past few years; they're all just too busy adulting.

Amen to that. I am down to a crew of 2, me and my oldest son. All the old riding buddies left, got hurt or quit.

|

I am sick and tired of the "cliques" that this sport has recently developed. We should embrace the fact that we all ride a little kids bike, and not worry about the small details. When you take riding in its most basic form, we are all the same.

2/14/2019 9:29 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

Good deal!

I have been back and forth on my plans with BMX. Part of me wants to take a long break, put miles on my road/CX bike and MTB with my oldest (he tried it once and LOVED IT), and part of me wants to change my bike setup (lose a brake or two, lose pegs and build a kicker/landing and start boosting in my yard).

I haven't touched my BMX since November aside from moving it around a bit. We have gotten 2+ feet of snow in the last 2 weeks, had one of the coldest blasts of my life (-35-40 F plus winds, so it felt like -60-75F) which meant no outside at all.

Not really sure what I want to do. I am going crazy in my house though.

Do whatever you feel is more fun! There’s no harm in taking a break and mountain bikes are a blast. We have no where as bad weather as that, just complain about the rain really.

|

An Indian on a small bike

2/14/2019 9:29 AM

Aitkenisgod wrote:

I got back on my little bike for the first time properly since November and really enjoyed it.

The passion and love is definitely still their, but I am definitely just a fair weather rider, I just don't get any joy out of riding when it's freezing/damp/windy/icey, which on occasions it has been a combination of these things!

I reckon it's good to have a break now and then.

Yeah, for some reason I feel a bit better on my bike after a break from riding!

|

An Indian on a small bike

2/14/2019 9:31 AM

BillyBigRigger wrote:

Best. Post. Ever.

Getting your bros into it or back into it is the best feeling in BMX.

p1p1092 wrote:

Little bit jealous actually; my crew has dwindled from 15 to 4 over the past few years; they're all just too busy adulting.

dave lawrence wrote:

Amen to that. I am down to a crew of 2, me and my oldest son. All the old riding buddies left, got hurt or quit.

I rode alone all the time before but they seem to have taken interest in it lately and I’m pumped to see it. Can’t wait for the sun.

|

An Indian on a small bike

2/14/2019 9:43 AM

My crew consists of my wife and son. I don't have any friends let alone any that ride. You guys are lucky.

|

2/14/2019 9:44 AM

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

My crew consists of my wife and son. I don't have any friends let alone any that ride. You guys are lucky.

Stick them both on BMXs

|

An Indian on a small bike

2/14/2019 1:21 PM

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

My crew consists of my wife and son. I don't have any friends let alone any that ride. You guys are lucky.

Ved_goswami wrote:

Stick them both on BMXs

They are. A 16 and a 24.

|