Been a few months

Related:
Create New Tag

2/10/2019 4:46 AM

I haven’t been on the forum for a few months now but I’ve still been riding (a bit less though). I’ve had mock exams and then I’ve got my actual ones in May so it’s gonna be a little slow still but in the summer I have all the time in the world. On the bright side, I’ve managed to get 2 of my mates into bmx so now I’ve got 2 riding buddies. One managed to get a 2016 Mongoose legion L100 off eBay for 70 quid and the other has an old haro 300.1 I think but will probably upgrade soon. So yeah my motivation to ride has shot up again

|

An Indian on a small bike

2/10/2019 8:02 PM

Ved_goswami wrote:

I haven’t been on the forum for a few months now but I’ve still been riding (a bit less though). I’ve had mock exams and then I’ve got my actual ones in May so it’s gonna be a little slow still but in the summer I have all the time in the world. On the bright side, I’ve managed to get 2 of my mates into bmx so now I’ve got 2 riding buddies. One managed to get a 2016 Mongoose legion L100 off eBay for 70 quid and the other has an old haro 300.1 I think but will probably upgrade soon. So yeah my motivation to ride has shot up again

Nice man!

|

2/11/2019 5:43 AM

Good deal!

I have been back and forth on my plans with BMX. Part of me wants to take a long break, put miles on my road/CX bike and MTB with my oldest (he tried it once and LOVED IT), and part of me wants to change my bike setup (lose a brake or two, lose pegs and build a kicker/landing and start boosting in my yard).

I haven't touched my BMX since November aside from moving it around a bit. We have gotten 2+ feet of snow in the last 2 weeks, had one of the coldest blasts of my life (-35-40 F plus winds, so it felt like -60-75F) which meant no outside at all.

Not really sure what I want to do. I am going crazy in my house though.

|

I am sick and tired of the "cliques" that this sport has recently developed. We should embrace the fact that we all ride a little kids bike, and not worry about the small details. When you take riding in its most basic form, we are all the same.

2/11/2019 7:03 AM

I got back on my little bike for the first time properly since November and really enjoyed it.

The passion and love is definitely still their, but I am definitely just a fair weather rider, I just don't get any joy out of riding when it's freezing/damp/windy/icey, which on occasions it has been a combination of these things!

I reckon it's good to have a break now and then.

|

If I could go a tenth as high as Larry Edgar goes, then I would still be blasting super high.

2/11/2019 7:12 AM

Ved_goswami wrote:

Best. Post. Ever.

Getting your bros into it or back into it is the best feeling in BMX.

|

2/11/2019 8:51 AM

BillyBigRigger wrote:

Best. Post. Ever.

Little bit jealous actually; my crew has dwindled from 15 to 4 over the past few years; they're all just too busy adulting.

|

My Sunday Soundwave V3 Build
Insta: @p.gibbons

"You can't educate pork"
- grumpySteve

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!""
- Hunter S. Thompson

2/11/2019 10:54 AM

Ved_goswami wrote:

BillyBigRigger wrote:

Best. Post. Ever.

p1p1092 wrote:

Little bit jealous actually; my crew has dwindled from 15 to 4 over the past few years; they're all just too busy adulting.

Amen to that. I am down to a crew of 2, me and my oldest son. All the old riding buddies left, got hurt or quit.

|

I am sick and tired of the "cliques" that this sport has recently developed. We should embrace the fact that we all ride a little kids bike, and not worry about the small details. When you take riding in its most basic form, we are all the same.

2/14/2019 9:29 AM

dave lawrence wrote:

Good deal!

I have been back and forth on my plans with BMX. Part of me wants to take a long break, put miles on my road/CX bike and MTB with my oldest (he tried it once and LOVED IT), and part of me wants to change my bike setup (lose a brake or two, lose pegs and build a kicker/landing and start boosting in my yard).

I haven't touched my BMX since November aside from moving it around a bit. We have gotten 2+ feet of snow in the last 2 weeks, had one of the coldest blasts of my life (-35-40 F plus winds, so it felt like -60-75F) which meant no outside at all.

Not really sure what I want to do. I am going crazy in my house though.

Do whatever you feel is more fun! There’s no harm in taking a break and mountain bikes are a blast. We have no where as bad weather as that, just complain about the rain really.

|

2/14/2019 9:29 AM

Aitkenisgod wrote:

I got back on my little bike for the first time properly since November and really enjoyed it.

The passion and love is definitely still their, but I am definitely just a fair weather rider, I just don't get any joy out of riding when it's freezing/damp/windy/icey, which on occasions it has been a combination of these things!

I reckon it's good to have a break now and then.

Yeah, for some reason I feel a bit better on my bike after a break from riding!

|

2/14/2019 9:31 AM

BillyBigRigger wrote:

Best. Post. Ever.

p1p1092 wrote:

dave lawrence wrote:

Amen to that. I am down to a crew of 2, me and my oldest son. All the old riding buddies left, got hurt or quit.

I rode alone all the time before but they seem to have taken interest in it lately and I’m pumped to see it. Can’t wait for the sun.

|

2/14/2019 9:43 AM

My crew consists of my wife and son. I don't have any friends let alone any that ride. You guys are lucky.

|

2/14/2019 9:44 AM

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

My crew consists of my wife and son. I don't have any friends let alone any that ride. You guys are lucky.

Stick them both on BMXs

|

2/14/2019 1:21 PM

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:

Ved_goswami wrote:

Stick them both on BMXs

They are. A 16 and a 24.

|